Expired

Nook HD tablet won't charge

Found 19th May 2014
My nook HD tablet ran out of battery, when I try to charge it nothing comes on. The charge light flashes green then orange then after about 30 seconds flashes red! Ocasionally the nook start up screen will flash on for less than a second then it goes off again! I've tried holding down the power and nook button as I've read that resets it but still nothing! Any help or do you think its broke?
Community Updates
AskTabletNook HD
18 Comments
Have you tried leaving it plugged in for a while? And you're using an official wall charger?
Original Poster
teambintip

Have you tried leaving it plugged in for a while? And you're using an … Have you tried leaving it plugged in for a while? And you're using an official wall charger?

Yeh had it on for almost 24 hours now and it's the official wall charger. It also occasionally flash to a blue screen with something in the middle but it flashes off before I get a chance to look haha!
You could try and jump start the battery but you do this at your own risk, it you look at how the blackberry play books can be recovered from a flat battery then do the same thing on the nook.
Found this on the net as well

A few things to try

1) Plug it into the wall charger, and leave it overnight. Forget about the button.

2) Plug it into a PC via USb and leave for 4-5 hrs.

3) Press and hold power button for 5 seconds (After the above two steps).

4) Press and hold power button for 30 seconds.

5) Press and hold power button and the physical 'n' button for 30 seconds.
Original Poster
lonegunman01

Found this on the net as wellA few things to try1) Plug it into the wall … Found this on the net as wellA few things to try1) Plug it into the wall charger, and leave it overnight. Forget about the button.2) Plug it into a PC via USb and leave for 4-5 hrs.3) Press and hold power button for 5 seconds (After the above two steps).4) Press and hold power button for 30 seconds.5) Press and hold power button and the physical 'n' button for 30 seconds.

Thanks I also found this when I was looking and tried them all! Going to give the leaving it overnight thing another go tonight!
No problems, seem you can buy a new battery for it, so worst case you can just get a new battery, if all else fail's and if you want post it down and I will have a go at jumping the battery.
Original Poster
lonegunman01

No problems, seem you can buy a new battery for it, so worst case you can … No problems, seem you can buy a new battery for it, so worst case you can just get a new battery, if all else fail's and if you want post it down and I will have a go at jumping the battery.

Thanks thats a kind offer! How do you jump the battery?
No nook ie for you then hah :-|
Original Poster
lmcd82

No nook ie for you then hah :-|

Got to be one of the worst puns I've heard in a while! Haha
Original Poster
lonegunman01

Have read of this … Have read of this https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Jump-start-a-PlayBook-a-knottyrope-tip/td-p/1806705 ,in a nut shell you are putting the charger right to the battery.

Thanks will try to give it a go nothing to lose haha
Original Poster
lonegunman01

Have read of this … Have read of this https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Jump-start-a-PlayBook-a-knottyrope-tip/td-p/1806705 ,in a nut shell you are putting the charger right to the battery.

Hi I tried to get the battery out and failed miserably, I'm definitely not technical enough! Would I be able to take you up on your offer and post it down to you? I'd really appreciate the help!
Yer, no problems, if you can send the charger as well that would be cool, will pm my address over.
Jade49

Got to be one of the worst puns I've heard in a while! Haha

hehe. Stick around and am sure I've more.
I had a similar experience with my first Nook. I think the issue is the battery is so flat it wouldn't take a charge. I think that the fix was to plug and then about 30 seconds later unplug it. Do this 20 to 30 times gives it enough charge to then be charged overnight.

Have you searched for bricked nook?
Whenever I charge my nook hd+ tablet, it blinks red all of the time. what is wrong with the charger
My nook won't come on

My nook won't come on

That's nice to know oO
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants