NordVPN + Fire TV + Netflix = not working

Posted 2nd Nov 2018
Hi
I'm genuinely confused as to why the above combo is not working.
I have FireTV (4k), installed NordVPN app and connected to US server
Opening netflix it loads the movie and suddenly states I'm connected via VPN/Proxy

I try the same on my mobile (same server etc) and it works absolutely fine.

Can someone explain to me why does it work on my mobile (over the same WIFI) but not on FireTV?
Is there a solution to this ?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Change your provider. Netflix have cottoned on or wait till Nord fix the issue
sonofgojira02/11/2018 08:00

Change your provider. Netflix have cottoned on or wait till Nord fix the …Change your provider. Netflix have cottoned on or wait till Nord fix the issue

Why would I need to change my provider.
Netflix us works on my mobile but not on fire TV (in the same house over the same network at the same time)
The only explanation would be issue with firetv or Nord , question is how to fix it and if anyone experiences the same issues
Edited by: "mtsk" 2nd Nov 2018
mtsk2nd Nov 2018

Why would I need to change my provider.Netflix us works on my mobile but …Why would I need to change my provider.Netflix us works on my mobile but not on fire TV (in the same house over the same network at the same time)The only explanation would be issue with firetv or Nord , question is how to fix it and if anyone experiences the same issues

My mistake. Reading it only showed half of your issue.
It's been a long term issue. I use chromecast and sold the fire TV because of that.
EN1GMA02/11/2018 19:17

It's been a long term issue. I use chromecast and sold the fire TV because …It's been a long term issue. I use chromecast and sold the fire TV because of that.

How do you Chromecast us Netflix over vpn?
mtsk02/11/2018 20:07

If imaging you’d have to put the vpn on your router, unless someone can correct me?
By the way, I use Nord on my fire stick and don’t have the same issue
mtsk02/11/2018 20:07

Switch on the vpn on your phone,pick usa vpn server , go into Netflix, tap the chromecast option, pick show, press play.

I know it works on windscribe as I do it myself.
Edited by: "EN1GMA" 2nd Nov 2018
ktm66602/11/2018 20:48

If imaging you’d have to put the vpn on your router, unless someone can c …If imaging you’d have to put the vpn on your router, unless someone can correct me? By the way, I use Nord on my fire stick and don’t have the same issue

Do you use official Nord app or some other open vpn stuff ?
EN1GMA02/11/2018 21:41

Switch on the vpn on your phone,pick usa vpn server , go into Netflix, tap …Switch on the vpn on your phone,pick usa vpn server , go into Netflix, tap the chromecast option, pick show, press play.I know it works on windscribe as I do it myself.

35902897-vtk8g.jpgThis never worked for anyone so you must be an exception

mtsk3rd Nov 2018

[Image] This never worked for anyone so you must be an exception

Works on windscribe, the USA Netflix server. I used it yesterday evening in fact.
mtsk03/11/2018 07:09

[Image] This never worked for anyone so you must be an exception

Does your work without chromecasting? You using nord or windscribe?
EN1GMA03/11/2018 07:35

Does your work without chromecasting? You using nord or windscribe?

Yup, can play it on everything I have at home except fire tv
mtsk3rd Nov 2018

Yup, can play it on everything I have at home except fire tv

As I said, it's a known issue, I've tweeted nord about it many times but they can't do anything. Or won't. Ultimately they say, the service works, and the device issue is not their fault.
mtsk3rd Nov 2018

Do you use official Nord app or some other open vpn stuff ?

I use the Nord apk file from their website. It’s not brilliant, very clunky, but works fine
I made a thread about this too, nordvpn doesn’t work with Netflix USA on fire stick, express VPN works fine
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants