Expired

Norovirus -

Found 14th Apr
I had the virus since Monday it's now Saturday and I think it's gone but I'm scared to eat anything other then rice dried bread in case I still have it I mean I don't have the symptoms anymore but my stomach still feels not 100%
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments
Ginger biscuits. They'll sort you out.
Health visitors always recommended crisps and flat pop for kids with sickness bugs
Original Poster
BeerMeister10 m ago

Ginger biscuits. They'll sort you out.

Thanks I'll pick some up
After enduring norovirus, eat your typical diet, but skip foods with little nutritional value or foods that might further upset your stomach. Avoid caffeine, fatty foods, spicy foods and sugary foods.

You may also be unable to tolerate milk for a few days after having diarrhea. If that’s the case, steer clear of it and other dairy products, such as cheese and yogurt as lactose intolerance can sometimes occur for a period of time after norovirus infection. It's known as secondary or acquired lactose intolerance.

From Patient UK

Your gut (intestinal) lining can be damaged by the episode of infection of the gut (gastroenteritis). This leads to lack of an enzyme called lactase that is needed to help the body digest the milk sugar lactose. Lactose intolerance leads to bloating, tummy (abdominal) pain, wind and watery stools after drinking milk. The condition gets better when the infection is over and the intestinal lining heals.

patient.info/hea…rus

livestrong.com/art…us/
Check the following from NHS Choices as well. Almost the same advice as above.

nhs.uk/con…us/
Original Poster
Thanks for the info guys think I'll eat very little tomorrow and Monday try to get back to normal diet but avoid milk
Splice11 m ago

Thanks for the info guys think I'll eat very little tomorrow and Monday …Thanks for the info guys think I'll eat very little tomorrow and Monday try to get back to normal diet but avoid milk

I also had something similar quite a few years ago. I also acquired a really bad bout of dehydration too, it was bloody awful. I was so dehydrated, every time I got up I felt faint.

Hope you a swift recovery.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 14th Apr
Original Poster
LemonHead8 m ago

I also had something similar quite a few years ago. I also acquired a …I also had something similar quite a few years ago. I also acquired a really bad bout of dehydration too, it was bloody awful. I was so dehydrated, every time I got up I felt faint.Hope you a swift recovery.

It's a horrible virus muscle pains sickness dehydrated and diarrhea problem is very contagious. Thanks very much, i think the worst is over I hope
Edited by: "_Enzo_" 14th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions