NoScript vanished from FireFox

Found 15th Oct 2017
The latest update messed up Noscript; to restore do the following :-

Click Help - Restarted with addons disabled.
When prompted select "Safe mode".

When the browser has finished opening, close it, and open as normal (which may take a few seconds), and the NoScript icon is back!!!

Not sure if this is a permanent fix, as some report NoScript vanishes again eventually; the guy behind NoScript is investigating.

I hope this helps people using the BEST browser on the market.
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Wonder if this has to do with FF retiring the old plugin system.

I suspect allot of issues will be coming up in the next couple of months.
tech34755 h, 55 m ago

Wonder if this has to do with FF retiring the old plugin system. I suspect …Wonder if this has to do with FF retiring the old plugin system. I suspect allot of issues will be coming up in the next couple of months.

It was working fine after the "legacy" system came in; 3/4ths of my addons are now listed as legacy - but they all still work. NoScript vanished after the latest update, and even the developer says he is mystified why.

I wonder if the ad people have figured out the NS blocks more adverts than ABP+. I have actually deactivated ABP+, and havent seen ANY fresh adverts.
Gentle_Giant1 h, 29 m ago

It was working fine after the "legacy" system came in; 3/4ths of my …It was working fine after the "legacy" system came in; 3/4ths of my addons are now listed as legacy - but they all still work. NoScript vanished after the latest update, and even the developer says he is mystified why.I wonder if the ad people have figured out the NS blocks more adverts than ABP+. I have actually deactivated ABP+, and havent seen ANY fresh adverts.

Word is they're dropping support completely next month, so I suspect addons which try to adapt may become buggier for a while.
tech347546 m ago

Word is they're dropping support completely next month, so I suspect …Word is they're dropping support completely next month, so I suspect addons which try to adapt may become buggier for a while.

The NS dev is already asking users to try the FF beta, so he has some warning of what is happening; in MY humble opinion, this is going to kill off the browser, the addons are the whole point; if we had wanted Chrome, we would have switched a year or two ago.

So, some of the addons slow the browser down, it is a matter of balancing protection and privacy against speed; I lean on the side of protection and privacy.
Gentle_Giant1 h, 4 m ago

The NS dev is already asking users to try the FF beta, so he has some …The NS dev is already asking users to try the FF beta, so he has some warning of what is happening; in MY humble opinion, this is going to kill off the browser, the addons are the whole point; if we had wanted Chrome, we would have switched a year or two ago.So, some of the addons slow the browser down, it is a matter of balancing protection and privacy against speed; I lean on the side of protection and privacy.

I'm contemplating a move myself, plugins were the main reason I stuck with FF.

I'll probably also switch over other people as well.
I've switched from firefox to Chrome. I had been using it since firefox 1. extensions and bugs galore after they rejigged the add-ons/extensions system, I gave it two weeks and nothing is fixed automatically so I just made the jump, main issues we're ublock broke so pages were not loading at all and last pass was failing to fill in logins etc little buggy things hard to explain. Can't believe they released it without sorting things with the add-on developers.

I still have it installed but just don't use it, ill check back in a month or so but im not holding my breath.
Here is a fix that worked for me

UPDATE WITH A FIX
Firefox menu > Help (?) > Restart with Add-ons disabledClick the [Continue in Safe Mode] buttonRestart the browser again normally: NoScript UI should be back now
psymonkey16th Oct

Here is a fix that worked for meUPDATE WITH A FIXFirefox menu > Help (?) > …Here is a fix that worked for meUPDATE WITH A FIXFirefox menu > Help (?) > Restart with Add-ons disabledClick the [Continue in Safe Mode] buttonRestart the browser again normally: NoScript UI should be back now [Image]

Its that exactly what I said at the beginning??
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions