Groups

nosebleeds

mams nose has started bleeding twice in less than 24 hours. can this be deemed as normal or will there be an underlying cause?

19 Comments

has it happened before and does she have any other symptoms or possible causes such as medications , conditions etc ?
    best ring doctors if its out of ordinary .....

Could be either. If she is otherwise healthy it is probably a bit of high blood pressure perhaps, or due to any medication etc?
    I use to suffer lots from nose bleeds for years, but since I had my operation on my nose I have only had one in 4 weeks. Although my operation was for my breathing and sinuses.

denandyas;8247776

has it happened before and dies she have any other symptoms or possible … has it happened before and dies she have any other symptoms or possible causes such as medications , conditions etc ?best ring doctors if its out of ordinary .....

Unfortunate typo.
    Phone NHS direct.

yes sorry op ....changed

high bp
    congestion

Osler-Weber-Rendu syndrome.

I used to get the all the time for no reason. 2-3 daily ended up getting my nose cauterized, never had bother since

my dad had nosebleeds and it was a side symptom of t,b :?

baffledsalmon;8247836

I think she would have realised if she had that by now.

Original Poster

denandyas;8247807

yes sorry op ....changed

haha no bother :thumbsup:

she has had the occasional one, and is on some medications however cant think what they are off top of my head and shes in bath at the moment so cant ask.

she does suffer from a few things ie rheumatoid arthritis, pernicious anemia are the ones that come to mind but i wouldnt say any of those could cause them.

she has had an op on her nose years ago. when she was younger she broke her nose and a tiny bit of bone fixed itself in the wrong place, so it was shaved down as it was sticking over her airways (if you can understand any of that) but again i dont think this will have caused it.

we'll see if she gets anymore this week before we start panicking

Paddy_o_furniture;8247853

I used to get the all the time for no reason. 2-3 daily ended up getting … I used to get the all the time for no reason. 2-3 daily ended up getting my nose cauterized, never had bother since

Sounds like me! I had mine cauterized and reduced though, it was done to increase my airwaves in my nose, but also so far has sorted my nose bleeds! :-D

Original Poster

baffledsalmon;8247836

:? :whistling:

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8247853

I used to get the all the time for no reason. 2-3 daily ended up getting … I used to get the all the time for no reason. 2-3 daily ended up getting my nose cauterized, never had bother since

hers arent that often, but if they do become more frequent then i would persuade her to go docs

op . yes v sorry about that .. always best to call NHS direct or docs ..... BTW aneamia can cause nose bleeds

donna-lou;8247869

:? :whistling:

Exactly - not without the concomitant telangiectasia.

Original Poster

denandyas;8247912

op . yes v sorry about that .. always best to call NHS direct or docs … op . yes v sorry about that .. always best to call NHS direct or docs ..... BTW aneamia can cause nose bleeds

even pernicious anemia? :oops:

Original Poster

sollas001;8247929

Exactly - not without the concomitant telangiectasia.

definately lost off now :w00t:

It is always assume that high blood pressure is a cause, however this is rarely the case.

Could be many reasons, could be nothing - therefore not simple enough to deal with here. Needs to see GP
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions