Not a Deal - ID Mobile - Buyer Beware

Found 5th Sep 2017
hi folks, I know there will be many happy users of ID and this is not aimed to slag them off, but here is a buyer beware alert. When buying please make sure you ask what " credit limit " they are giving you as that is what they use to set the level of " cap " for your monthly bill. perhaps it was me being naieve but just got landed with a £75 bill for a £5 30 day sim

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

maybe keep an eye on your actual usage?

do you just use credit cards withiut looking to see what you've used?
15 Comments

Since this isn't a deal it's probably better off being posted in the forums.

Eh? In the app you can set limits, it's set at 75, I reduced mine down to 5 quid my next bill is 6 quid as I'm on a 6 quid tariff only joined them yesterday no issues here

Original Poster

TAZMANUK4 m ago

Eh? In the app you can set limits, it's set at 75, I reduced mine down to …Eh? In the app you can set limits, it's set at 75, I reduced mine down to 5 quid my next bill is 6 quid as I'm on a 6 quid tariff only joined them yesterday no issues here

like I said it is a buyer beware. during the sales call there was no mention of a " credit limit ", otherwise I would of asked why

Is this where you end up being charged for usage above and beyond your monthly tariff?
Did you genuinely make £75 worth of phone usage without knowing it?
Just trying to understand the context.

It would be the same with most of the networks, very few of them offer a 'capped' acc.

There are many apps that will tell if you get close to your plan limit if you can't use the one's built into the phone.

Destard1 h, 10 m ago

Is this where you end up being charged for usage above and beyond your …Is this where you end up being charged for usage above and beyond your monthly tariff?Did you genuinely make £75 worth of phone usage without knowing it?Just trying to understand the context.

I'm guessing it's using more data than they are entitled too.

Vodafone data if you go over its like £6 for each 250mb.

Are you sure you're not looking at the cap option to reduce it, it's automatically set at 75 quid, lower it to 5 quid, the app clearly gives your tariff allowances and cost you are paying.

Also you can set mobile data threshold on your phone when you hit near it.

maybe keep an eye on your actual usage?

do you just use credit cards withiut looking to see what you've used?

WTF. Seriously.

Sorry op but you could say this about any phone company, some will only let you reduce the cap to £20 others as low as you want. I would suggest though you look at your usage and may be switch off MMS as well but no idea how you could go up to £75

idmobile.co.uk/hel…ges

eslick29 m ago

Sorry op but you could say this about any phone company, some will only …Sorry op but you could say this about any phone company, some will only let you reduce the cap to £20 others as low as you want. I would suggest though you look at your usage and may be switch off MMS as well but no idea how you could go up to £75https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges

Meh £10 for 100mb wouldnt take much, plus whatever they charge ontop for going over + regular bill.

Got to remember por- I mean YouTube videos in 720p are about 4mb per second or above

Original Poster

like I said, probably me being naieve. there was no mention of credit limit during the sales call and there was actually a conversation around the cap and it only being allowed to be as much as the monthly tariff. the sim wasn't for me but for my grandson. but hey ho, you live and learn. I had already cancelled it prior to getting the bill as part of the sale was for increased minute allowance after the first 30 days, but when I rang to activate them they didn't exist

So same as every network, you went over the limit, and had to pay more...

Original Poster

dcx_badass14 h, 35 m ago

So same as every network, you went over the limit, and had to pay more...

indeed. but when you think the cap is set at £5 getting a bill for £75 is a bit irksome

sarell6th Sep

indeed. but when you think the cap is set at £5 getting a bill for £75 is …indeed. but when you think the cap is set at £5 getting a bill for £75 is a bit irksome

Crazy why companys doing so well currently the best offers and low cap and such now started to reap there money now they have people on board, why can't there be a company who just do the right thing oh yeah 'shareholders'
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants