Groups

Not a penalty !!!! My Backside it wasnt

before you start fai enough liverpool won they played well
    but surprise surprise penalty given for nothing .........
    compare and contrast to last weeks penalty shout and you tell me honestly
    which one was a true penalty
    dissappointed but truthfully Arsenal shoul;d have tried harder in the earlier games
    Oh well.....

51 Comments

ssshhhhhhhhhhhh

toure was jumping on him!!

When the game was live and i saw it i said peneltay i was watching with a arsenal fdan and immetdly put his head down first impression pen, but looking at in slow motion it was soft BUt the reft is watching it live and first impressions count.

Compared to last weeks shout for a penna its unbelieveable it was given.

Last week it was like a body grab, this week he was already on way down.

You're right Tarby. No doubt in my mind that tonight's 'penalty' was a con job. I'd be beside myself if I was an Arsenal fan.

Think that Babel made it look alot worse than it was but the simple fact is you cant put your hands across players in the box, asking for trouble.

But if that is a penalty then last weeks was too!!!

But tonight my first reaction was penalty!!

Banned

I couldn't care to be honest. Refs decision is final and so is the scoreline - not to mention yet another season that Ars*nal fail to win anything.

Other half said he totally agrees with you - once again Liverpool was very jammie that they went through, i know they got the 4th goal but Arsenal had to go out all attack due to the "dodgie penalty"!! Enjoyable for a neutral fan of the teams!!8-)

m1lz;1858314

toure was jumping on him!!

i agree but some people are blind and only see what they wanna see , im a man u fan so hate lpool and arsenal in equal measure but lpool deserved to go through,good call by the ref.

it was a pen just live with it.

HU5TLER;1858655

Was not! I'm seething with anger at the moment.

But hey, at the start of the season everyone was saying we won't even be top 4, but AWenger proved them wrong!

Now Wenger my old boy, spend a bit of money get more players!

I thought it was a pen, just like the Hleb one. Like DJNG22 said, as soon as you put your arms across a player in the box like that your just asking for trouble.

Some go your way, some don't (I'm still seething about that ridiculous one Chelsea got against us right at the start of the season )

Banned

momagic;1858928

Was not! I'm seething with anger at the moment.

Wenger vision?

But hey, at the start of the season everyone was saying we won't even be … But hey, at the start of the season everyone was saying we won't even be top 4, but AWenger proved them wrong!

I thought the prediction was that Arsenal wouldnt win anything (again!)

Me thinks its time for wenger to move up, whose with me?

4Site;1858993

NO! he doesn't employ a rotation policy :roll: OR use zonal marking :roll: so he's completely safe :roll: well, from the morning tabloids anyway.

Banned

4Site;1858993

Nah. We don't want him at Tottenham.

HU5TLER;1858655

An Arsenal fan with dignity :thumbsup:

It was a penalty, Fabregas pulled Babel's shirt (which put him off balance) then Toure tried to jump out of the way, but knocked him over.

Just been listening to the radio on the way home, Wenger saying the ref gave us a gift again. He needs to take a look at himself before blaming others, Walcott on the bench :?

Great game, can't wait for Chelsea

He also seems to be a bit stuck for ideas as of late, and seems to have this glaring obsession to stubbornly avoid seeing the missing links in our set up that even my dog notices, he barks whenever Senderos has the ball or a ball is played into the oppositions area and theres no-one from our team anywhere near the 18 yard box

guv;1859027

Nah. We don't want him at Tottenham.

Its so funny, how deluded spuds fans are.
    You were suppose to take our top4 spot this year weren't you?
    What position are you in the league? Sorry? What? Didn't catch that?

It was right in front of me and immediately thought penalty, even after coming home and watching it again it was a penalty.

Some you get, some you do not. I think we deserved to go through in the end and the 5-3 scoreline (agg) supports that.

Now arsenal must pick themselves up and beat the mancs this weekend.

Banned

4Site;1859067

Its so funny, how deluded spuds fans are.You were suppose to take our … Its so funny, how deluded spuds fans are.You were suppose to take our top4 spot this year weren't you?What position are you in the league? Sorry? What? Didn't catch that?

Tottenham have won far more than you over the past four years though?

Banned

no way was it a pen, liverpool are just cheats

seanbwfc;1859925

no way was it a pen, liverpool are just cheats

stop moaning its over and done with now

There's several ridiculous comments made here, there is no way that was a penalty in comparison to Hlebs penalty shout last week.

Babel did fall over very easily and waving his hands about made it look much worse than it actually was and tried to con the ref but I do agree that I don't have a clue why Toure jumped in the air in the first place, he's not been the same since the African Nations Cup.

Fact of the matter is, we were hard done by and it's difficult to accept going out like that when we should of won the first leg 2-1 (due to Hlebs penalty shout being turned down, maybe even 3-1 if bendtner didn't play as a liverpool defender) and the second leg should of been 2-2 (we wouldn't of thrown every player forward if Babel didn't dive, as the game would of been over at 2-2) but the decision can't be overruled, so we just have to concentrate on the league and let the top 2 battle it out in champions league, while we're playing catch up.

I really do hope replays are brought into the game, which would prevent any diving decisions being given, real penalties will be given etc and since the game is always halted when incidents like this occur anyway, it wouldn't even slow down the game.

Besides this, I have to admit, I applauded Torres for his excellent second goal and have to congratulate Gerrard for his brilliant penalty in a tense moment of the game and Theos amazing contribution to our second goal, as Liverpool tried to bring him down a few times and he just continued running like Forest Gump.

Banned

4Site;1859067

Its so funny, how deluded spuds fans are.You were suppose to take our … Its so funny, how deluded spuds fans are.You were suppose to take our top4 spot this year weren't you?What position are you in the league? Sorry? What? Didn't catch that?

How does that fact that we have won more than you in the past 3 years make us deluded? In fact why are you even talking the way you have? You suggested it was time for Wenger to move up. I though my reply was quite witty!

right, it was a game, it was last night, ref said it was a penalty, refs decision is final, GET OVER IT

realfriendlyman;1859994

There's several ridiculous comments made here...........

If you know you're about to make ridiculous comments, why carry on! :roll:

guv;1860868

I though my reply was quite witty!

made me chuckle also

guv;1860868

How does that fact that we have won more than you in the past 3 years … How does that fact that we have won more than you in the past 3 years make us deluded? In fact why are you even talking the way you have? You suggested it was time for Wenger to move up. I though my reply was quite witty!

I thought it was quite funny too but a very predictable post from you Guvner. lol

Jokes aside, we all know spurs would choose to finish above arsenal for once, rather than win the cup that nobody values as a trophy. lol

Forget just the last 3 years, we all know that Arsenal have been the second most successful team within the last 12 years or so as a whole and we're now well on the way to being the richest club in the world.

As I attended the Legendary Tour at the Emirates, Charlie George (I know people like Guv knows who he is ;-) ) explained how we're guaranteed to make half a billion (not million) profit within the next few years with all our investments outside of football, so even if we do rubbish in all competitions, we'll still be in an extremely healthy position......... we just need to convince Mr Wenger to spend it.

Is there any Spurs, Utd or Chelsea fans willing to offer there services? :-D

realfriendlyman;1861518

Forget just the last 3 years, we all know that Arsenal have been the … Forget just the last 3 years, we all know that Arsenal have been the second most successful team within the last 12 years or so as a whole and we're now well on the way to being the richest club in the world.

I Love the way you've said 12 years, if you had said 20 - you would have to say liverpool have been more succesful, and if you had said 10 years you'd have to say chelsea.

Truth is arsenal are on a downward slope, you cannot forget the only a few years ago you had an unbeaten team, now there are only 2 survivors i think from that team (toure and lehmann)- and you seem to have a few players with enough talent to only just spread across the first team, wenger needs to buy some big players, and win some trophies soon if you can continue to call yourself a "big team"

Oh and I'm sure most teams would prefer to win a trophy than to finish above their rivals.

Definite penalty last week, definite penalty last night.

Last weeks was more obvious, but both were penalties.

Wenger bringing on 2 strikers for 2 defensive people was more to blame than the referee. This left Arsenal wide open for the counter attack and step up Ryan Babel ;-)

i dunno, for a team of 'kids' that were supposed to struggle getting into europe this season, finishing about 5th, they've done pretty well, being top or a close 2nd for the majority of the season. Its just the last few weeks have taken its toll and the inexperience is showing through. Last night Wenger should have kept Diaby on and not brought on Van Persie as Diaby seemed to be the only one with any presence in the midfield, and he should never, ever, ever play Senderos again, ever. Drive him out to the middle of nowhere and leave him. For all the awesome talent he buys i still cant understand Senderos or Cygan....

Theo however deserves a medal for that run, ive never seen someones legs move so quickly.

Banned

Jonster;1861854

Theo however deserves a medal for that run.

Well he wont be getting one any time soon and neither will any one else...:whistling:

:-(

hes still young, hes got plenty of time to win everything.

Banned

realfriendlyman;1861518

Jokes aside, we all know spurs would choose to finish above arsenal for … Jokes aside, we all know spurs would choose to finish above arsenal for once, rather than win the cup that nobody values as a trophy.

Nobody values? Is that why the final has featured at least one of the so called "big four" for the past 4 seasons??

Banned

[QUOTE=realfriendlyman;1859994]

I really do hope replays are brought into the game, which would prevent any diving decisions being given, real penalties will be given etc and since the game is always halted when incidents like this occur anyway, it wouldn't even slow down the game.

QUOTE]

Did you express your disgust at diving when pires pulled off the most blatant dive in history against portsmouth a few season ago?

Your manager, team and fans are nothing but hypocrites...

[URL="youtube.com/watch?v=xN40jsmVe6I"]youtube.com/watch?v=xN40jsmVe6I[/URL]

was it a penalty ?
    the initial pull from fabregas was out of the area.

Banned

dr_badbeats;1861684

Oh and I'm sure most teams would prefer to win a trophy than to finish … Oh and I'm sure most teams would prefer to win a trophy than to finish above their rivals.

Particulary when those rivals won silverware and they didnt!

Well if it was a dive, at least Babel waited for actual contact :roll: Patrick Vieira take a bow, err, dive.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/1002/diavieira3ix.gif

pigs bladder
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532118
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions