Groups

not available

not available

what happened to dogos?
    - magicbeans

47 Comments

Original Poster

aawww

Nothing wrong with that breed, just like pitbulls, its the numpty macho owners you have to watch out for.
    The police couldn't recognise a banned breed if one bit their arris.

Original Poster

DKLS;6429591

Nothing wrong with that breed, just like pitbulls, its the numpty macho … Nothing wrong with that breed, just like pitbulls, its the numpty macho owners you have to watch out for.The police couldn't recognise a banned breed if one bit their arris.

surely if they are banned they are banned.

Banned

DKLS;6429591

Nothing wrong with that breed, just like pitbulls, its the numpty macho … Nothing wrong with that breed, just like pitbulls, its the numpty macho owners you have to watch out for.The police couldn't recognise a banned breed if one bit their arris.

nowt wrong wi most pitbulls also, as long as they are registered/tattooed

greyparrot;6429604

surely if they are banned they are banned.

A ban means diddly in the real world. If I was to walk down to the local park I would see at least 3 american pitbulls the law is an ass.

I saw at the weekend a pitbull cross english mastiff, Imagine a dog the size of a small donkey with the tude of a pit :w00t:

Banned

http://upsidedowndogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bella-the-pitbull-dog-420x342.jpg

Can't you have one as long as it's registered with the Index of Exempted Dogs?

She's breaking the law by selling/breeding them.

RSPCA: 0300 1234 999

Have you reported the ad?

Dogs shouldnt be banned the idiot owners should! Im sick of people giving me looks or avoiding me when im walking my dog, the press has a lot to answer too, its not "evil" dogs its "evil ignorant owners" My rottweiler is a teddy bear, but because of **** owners they have tried banning rotties too!

Banned

you should report her.

Original Poster

i thought that at one stage you was allowed to keep them but only with muzzles etc but a friend of my mums had a pitbull years ago and it was as soft as muck but she still had to have it put down thats why police etc still take dogs of pitbull type i know the police as rubbish at what they are looking for but one thing i definately do know is it is illegal to breed from banned dogs.also coz the ban was 1991 dont you think there should be no dogo argentinos left in the country.

Banned

Jake1983;6429701

Dogs shouldnt be banned the idiot owners should! Im sick of people giving … Dogs shouldnt be banned the idiot owners should! Im sick of people giving me looks or avoiding me when im walking my dog, the press has a lot to answer too, its not "evil" dogs its "evil ignorant owners" My rottweiler is a teddy bear, but because of **** owners they have tried banning rotties too!

any dog can turn, any no matter who the owner, its the difference in the damage that can be done

sorry i know little about them, are those the kids of dogs that have killed a few people lately? i knew some were banned but was also aware there were a few breeds, i wouldnt know a banned one if i saw one.

Original Poster

Jake1983;6429701

Dogs shouldnt be banned the idiot owners should! Im sick of people giving … Dogs shouldnt be banned the idiot owners should! Im sick of people giving me looks or avoiding me when im walking my dog, the press has a lot to answer too, its not "evil" dogs its "evil ignorant owners" My rottweiler is a teddy bear, but because of **** owners they have tried banning rotties too!

i completely agree with you there it is the people but if this woman is breeding banned dogs what she is doing is breaking the law.also not being funny but since pitbulls were banned you lads have moved on to staffys and if it carrys on that is only going to lead to trouble.

hncb what kind of dog is that?

Original Poster

superskilly;6429720

sorry i know little about them, are those the kids of dogs that have … sorry i know little about them, are those the kids of dogs that have killed a few people lately? i knew some were banned but was also aware there were a few breeds, i wouldnt know a banned one if i saw one.

thats just the thing dogo argentinos were banned in 1991 there should not be any left in the uk at all!!! and there was also strict rules that if someone was allowed to keep one then it be muzzled etc but they were not allowed to breed off them but even so for the people that had them back then dont you think the dogs would be dead after all the ban was 18 years ago.

greyparrot;6429737

i completely agree with you there it is the people but if this woman is … i completely agree with you there it is the people but if this woman is breeding banned dogs what she is doing is breaking the law.also not being funny but since pitbulls were banned [COLOR="Black"]you lads have moved on to staffys [/COLOR]and if it carrys on that is only going to lead to trouble.

staffs are lovely dogs if brought up right, I wouldnt want one though, they are not too intelligent!

Original Poster

Goonieman;6429676

Have you reported the ad?

no i havent just seen it and was shocked to be honest.

Jake1983;6429701

As a former Akita owner (another breed much maligned and owned by inexperienced and idiotic people)

+1001

Banned

superskilly;6429745

hncb what kind of dog is that?

devil dog

Na i dunno, google pit bull

Original Poster

Jake1983;6429772

staffs are lovely dogs if brought up right, I wouldnt want one though, … staffs are lovely dogs if brought up right, I wouldnt want one though, they are not too intelligent!

i know they are lovely dogs my mate has one but unfortuantly they now are being kept by scallys and being used for dog fights etc you know it will lead to trouble in the end thats what people did with pitbull and look what happened they ended up banned.

greyparrot;6429773

no i havent just seen it and was shocked to be honest.

please dont report it anyone, yes they shouldnt be breeding them but its not the irresponcible owners who will suffer its the dogs they will be put down!

just because they are a banned breed does not mean people who buy them wont give them a loving home!

So rather than report it your first reaction was to come onto a shopping forums misc section and create a thread asking how people can get away with it? Complacency is your answer.

Original Poster

DKLS;6429776

As a former Akita owner (another breed much maligned and owned by … As a former Akita owner (another breed much maligned and owned by inexperienced and idiotic people) +1001

exactly it is stupid what people do i should know first hand ive been brought up along side akitas my mum used to show and breed them until her precious big lad passed away and then she had no heart left in it to carry on.

greyparrot;6429800

i know they are lovely dogs my mate has one but unfortuantly they now are … i know they are lovely dogs my mate has one but unfortuantly they now are being kept by scallys and being used for dog fights etc you know it will lead to trouble in the end thats what people did with pitbull and look what happened they ended up banned.

we are both on the same page here:thumbsup:

Its little scumbags who should be banned from keeping dogs!

I think you should have to apply for a licence to keep a dog, prove you have the money to afford one and are a responcible ADULT!

Jake1983;6429804

please dont report it anyone, yes they shouldnt be breeding them but its … please dont report it anyone, yes they shouldnt be breeding them but its not the irresponcible owners who will suffer its the dogs they will be put down!just because they are a banned breed does not mean people who buy them wont give them a loving home!

Do you really think it is responsible people who are looking for banned dogs to buy ?.

Original Poster

Jake1983;6429804

please dont report it anyone, yes they shouldnt be breeding them but its … please dont report it anyone, yes they shouldnt be breeding them but its not the irresponcible owners who will suffer its the dogs they will be put down!just because they are a banned breed does not mean people who buy them wont give them a loving home!

its not about reporting it really this woman is damn wrong for breeding off them,yes they could end up in loving homes but it could also start the vicious circle again you know what i mean, and yeah the police would probably pass them off as american bulldogs as they are simalar.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6429843

Do you really think it is responsible people who are looking for banned … Do you really think it is responsible people who are looking for banned dogs to buy ?.

yep that was my thought.

tonyg1962;6429843

Do you really think it is responsible people who are looking for banned … Do you really think it is responsible people who are looking for banned dogs to buy ?.

No, but thats not my point, my point is it does not mean they wont give them a loving home and raise them in to lovely dogs!

The woman who had the first face transplant ever was savaged by a dog!

Do you know what type of dog done it?

A labrador, no one heard about it as it wasnt a pitbull or a rotty, it was a lovely labrador a blue peter dog, so should they all be banned?

my point is these dogs are not to blame it is the owners!

Original Poster

hncb0809;6429781

devil dogNa i dunno, google pit bull

so are you saying you have a pitbull or a cross or something?

Jake1983;6429906

No, but thats not my point, my point is it does not mean they wont give … No, but thats not my point, my point is it does not mean they wont give them a loving home and raise them in to lovely dogs!The woman who had the first face transplant ever was savaged by a dog!Do you know what type of dog done it?A labrador, no one heard about it as it wasnt a pitbull or a rotty, it was a lovely labrador a blue peter dog, so should they all be banned?my point is these dogs are not to blame it is the owners!

Dogs often attack people when the owners are not there,Whether you survive or not usually depends on how big the dog is,

Original Poster

Jake1983;6429906

No, but thats not my point, my point is it does not mean they wont give … No, but thats not my point, my point is it does not mean they wont give them a loving home and raise them in to lovely dogs!The woman who had the first face transplant ever was savaged by a dog!Do you know what type of dog done it?A labrador, no one heard about it as it wasnt a pitbull or a rotty, it was a lovely labrador a blue peter dog, so should they all be banned?my point is these dogs are not to blame it is the owners!

i completely understand that but my point is they are banned seriously you need to get that into your head this woman by breeding is giving them a death sentence anyway and its people like her who are to blame but the whole problem i have is the fact they are banned illegal you know i am not saying for one minute it is the dogs fault i know better than that but what she is doing is wrong end of.

greyparrot;6429800

i know they are lovely dogs my mate has one but unfortuantly they now are … i know they are lovely dogs my mate has one but unfortuantly they now are being kept by scallys and being used for dog fights etc you know it will lead to trouble in the end thats what people did with pitbull and look what happened they ended up banned.

I met one of these scallys in a local park whilst walking my Akita bitch, he suggested we breed his Pit with my akita, I told him where to go, 10 mins later this Pit was of the lead and heading for mine in full on attack mode. Unsure of what to do, I dropped the lead so mine could defend itself.
    The scally was very surprised at the outcome, and even more surprised when I started on him.

Original Poster

DKLS;6429977

I met one of these scallys in a local park whilst walking my Akita bitch, … I met one of these scallys in a local park whilst walking my Akita bitch, he suggested we breed his Pit with my akita, I told him where to go, 10 mins later this Pit was of the lead and heading for mine in full on attack mode. Unsure of what to do, I dropped the lead so mine could defend itself.The scally was very surprised at the outcome, and even more surprised when I started on him.

see thats what i mean you do get idiots. i absolutely love akitas they were part of my life for my first 14 years they were my babies.

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;6430014

we used to have a staff, she was treated like one of the family but she … we used to have a staff, she was treated like one of the family but she snapped at my then 14 months old son, she was soon rehomed somewhere that didnt have kids.My cousin is a Staffy breeder and even she keeps them caged when her grand daughter is there.As someone already said ANY dog can turn no matter what the breed

well said i absolutely agree.

greyparrot;6429963

i completely understand that but my point is they are banned seriously … i completely understand that but my point is they are banned seriously you need to get that into your head this woman by breeding is giving them a death sentence anyway and its people like her who are to blame but the whole problem i have is the fact they are banned illegal you know i am not saying for one minute it is the dogs fault i know better than that but what she is doing is wrong end of.

yeah the breeder is scum, it makes me sick, you are right she has given them a death sentence!

sorry I just get emotional about this subject as people have tried getting rottweilers banned and it makes me angry, They see banning breeds as a solution as its easier than introducing laws to vet who can own dogs!

In reply to Tonyg1962 the size of dogs and how much damage they can do is a silly argument, if this was the case then all dogs over a certain size would be classed as "dangerous" dogs dont just "turn" its down to how they have been brought up!

vinylandtrinkets;6430014

we used to have a staff, she was treated like one of the family but she … we used to have a staff, she was treated like one of the family but she snapped at my then 14 months old son, she was soon rehomed somewhere that didnt have kids.My cousin is a Staffy breeder and even she keeps them caged when her grand daughter is there.As someone already said ANY dog can turn no matter what the breedthe guy that lives in my road breeds american pit bulls, bull mastiffs and another " banned breed" the rspca have been and checked him and said he was fine to breed and sell them. the poor dogs are never walked and the bitch is always having another litter.people like that should be banned from keeping dogs

Dogs dont just "turn" if they do its a sign the breeding parents were raised wrong and had aggression in them already, you should never breed a dog that has shown any signs of aggression!

people who treat dogs as money making tools are scum of the earth it is cruel and your are 100% right they should be banned!

Original Poster

Jake1983;6430045

yeah the breeder is scum, it makes me sick, you are right she has given … yeah the breeder is scum, it makes me sick, you are right she has given them a death sentence!sorry I just get emotional about this subject as people have tried getting rottweilers banned and it makes me angry, They see banning breeds as a solution as its easier than introducing laws to vet who can own dogs!In reply to Tonyg1962 the size of dogs and how much damage they can do is a silly argument, if this was the case then all dogs over a certain size would be classed as "dangerous" dogs dont just "turn" its down to how they have been brought up!

its so sad isnt it, my other half used to have 2 rotties years ago he said they were as soft as muck,and as for me i bought up with akitas from being in nappys. i now own newfoundlands which are known for being soft but still a big dog my newfoundland bitch is 55 kilos and is only 17 months old but she the best and is fab with my kids.but yeh its down to idiots wanting these dogs and its all to make them look big its wrong and more foul the breeders for selling them to them sometimes its all about pound signs when it comes to some breeders.

Jake1983;6430045

yeah the breeder is scum, it makes me sick, you are right she has given … yeah the breeder is scum, it makes me sick, you are right she has given them a death sentence!sorry I just get emotional about this subject as people have tried getting rottweilers banned and it makes me angry, They see banning breeds as a solution as its easier than introducing laws to vet who can own dogs!In reply to Tonyg1962 the size of dogs and how much damage they can do is a silly argument, if this was the case then all dogs over a certain size would be classed as "dangerous" dogs dont just "turn" its down to how they have been brought up!

To say its about how a dog has been brought up shows you dont know much about animal instincts,All well trained dogs follow a pack leader but when that pack leader isnt there then other instincts takeover,

tonyg1962;6430113

To say its about how a dog has been brought up shows you dont know much … To say its about how a dog has been brought up shows you dont know much about animal instincts,All well trained dogs follow a pack leader but when that pack leader isnt there then other instincts takeover,

what you are saying has nothing to do with this thread about banned dogs, in your eyes any and every dog is a risk to people if the pack leader is not there? so what, people should not have dogs?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047116
      2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…89
      3. Spotify Family Premium share513
      4. word association Game73944489

See more discussions