Expired

Not content with music magpie offering pennies for CDs and DVDs?? You can now trade in designer clothing

Found 12th Jan 2013
I checked a few trade in prices

Diesel jeans £3.30
Replay jeans £3.09
Adidas hoody £2.43

Clearly they are aware of what you can sell these on eBay for...

Bunch of com artists I reckon
Community Updates
23 Comments
.com artists?
How are they con artists? They aren't tricking you into selling to them, don't like their offers then just go elsewhere.
I'd rather give my stuff away to my local charity shop and let them make a profit for a good cause than sell to these people!
Where is the con? They offer you an amount they are willing to pay. You accept or decline.
Edited by: "Mark2111" 12th Jan 2013
They always price match on amazon play.com so some canny individual will be listing there own clothes at a penny wait for zoverstock / estock / music magpie to come down on the price and then buy for a penny plus postage and delist there own item..
Original Poster
Sorry the con is the t&c

Unless its literally like new they could withhold payment and you lose a pair of designer jeans

They pay 30p for most CDs / DVDs but if case is broken they Deduct 50p

I'd be very cautious before sending them anything
whatsThePoint

its only £3ish and not worth worrying about

Are you Richard Pryor from Superman III?
Richard Pryor is dead
dodgymix

Sorry the con is the t&cUnless its literally like new they could withhold … Sorry the con is the t&cUnless its literally like new they could withhold payment and you lose a pair of designer jeansThey pay 30p for most CDs / DVDs but if case is broken they Deduct 50pI'd be very cautious before sending them anything

So they charge you 20p for the pleasure of selling them a DVD? I think you might be exaggerating a bit.
What do music magpie do with the cd's?
greg_68

Probably clean them up and sell through retail outlets like Morrisons who have started doing a replay range or online with what hey pay for them they can afford to sell low.
Edited by: "newbie1001" 13th Jan 2013
Original Poster
Alternate.. Read their t&c and then send them a cracked cd. What they've done with me in the past is claimed a higher value trade in had a cracked / broken case

They resell via amazon / playtrade / eBay as zoverstocks / overstocks

They pay 30p for a cd and relist it for £29.99...personally they are con artists as they are undervaluing your stuff on trade in price... Cex pay so much more. Easily 10x on most stuff
Buying for 30p and selling for £29.99 sounds like good business sense not a con.
Original Poster
It certainly does... Keep your costs as low as possible and sell for as much as you can get away with

What I feel is the con is they are aiming at people who are unaware of the value of certain items and although peeps are happy getting 30p for a cd they would probably be pi55ed if they knew it was worth £30 on eBay
Their tv add is basically telling middle aged people to go in their attic and trade in their cd collection they've not used in 10 years
Original Poster
Duping unsuspecting public is dodgy IMHO

Have you come across "red save" they offer new DVDs/CDs at 50p cheaper than the others in online search engines.. Once you buy from them you have to tick a t&c box... Buried in the t&c is a £19.99 monthly subscription... Very dodgy but well within the law.... Doesn't mean it's ethical or right
greg_68

They sell as estocks on eBay and zoverstocks play / amazon
They are turning second hand selling of DVDs and CDs into a monopoly as if you try to compete with them they will reduce items to a penny
Mark2111

Buying for 30p and selling for £29.99 sounds like good business sense not … Buying for 30p and selling for £29.99 sounds like good business sense not a con.

they should be offering better trade ins, are you saying the same 'good business sense' for the pay day loans, door step lenders, sharks, it's ethics at the end of the day.. Personal opinion on what is right and wrong. In the pursuit of money some individuals / business would sell there own kids
whatyadoinsucka

they should be offering better trade ins, are you saying the same 'good … they should be offering better trade ins, are you saying the same 'good business sense' for the pay day loans, door step lenders, sharks, it's ethics at the end of the day.. Personal opinion on what is right and wrong. In the pursuit of money some individuals / business would sell there own kids

Why should they? Look at you trying to enforce your own opinions onto them.
Banned
Offer is made, you either accept it or you don't.

No con here. You may get less for your stuff but they send a courier to collect from your doorstep. Saves the hassle of getting up at 5am in the freezing cold and flogging them at a car boot.
KillFelix

Offer is made, you either accept it or you don't.No con here. You may get … Offer is made, you either accept it or you don't.No con here. You may get less for your stuff but they send a courier to collect from your doorstep. Saves the hassle of getting up at 5am in the freezing cold and flogging them at a car boot.

Do you work for a supermarket lol

condracky

Why should they? Look at you trying to enforce your own opinions onto … Why should they? Look at you trying to enforce your own opinions onto them.

Am I enforcing my own opinions... Next you.ll be saying its fine for supermarkets to pay farmers 10p a litre for milk
Markets have to be regulated, the oft require a fair playing field ..

whatyadoinsucka

Do you work for a supermarket lol

Enter your items, get an offer, accept or decline with free pick-up. If you are stupid enough to accept 19p for a CD that would do at least 99p plus postage on eBAY then more fool you. There's no con here, just a good business idea.
AmyX

.com artists?

I'm a corn artist...very respectable profession.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants