Not enough 4k ports on TV, any solution?

Found 23rd Jun
hi.. getting SKY Q installed today. my TV is a Panasonic 58dx750b which I believe of the 4 HDMI's only 2 can show 4k content.

In the 4K ports I have PS4 pro and a Panasonic HTE80 soundbox which works with my TV remote via ARC.

What do I do here about the SKY Q box?
Community Updates
AskElectronicsTV
12 Comments
HDMI switcher box. You can get 4k ones that automatically switch when signal is coming from device.
tri_942 h, 12 m ago

HDMI switcher box. You can get 4k ones that automatically switch when …HDMI switcher box. You can get 4k ones that automatically switch when signal is coming from device.

Does HDR come through them tho?
Does the Panasonic HTE80 not have an input?
Yes.. its does. Ssys Blueray etc?

What can I do with that?
makershaker5 h, 11 m ago

Yes.. its does. Ssys Blueray etc?What can I do with that?

I thought you wanted to know if HDR came through the switch boxes?
Edited by: "deeky" 23rd Jun
deeky14 m ago

I thought you wanted to know if HDR came through the switch boxes?

Yeah sorry.. was answering the person above you !
MIDURIX7 h, 32 m ago

Does the Panasonic HTE80 not have an input?

Tried this. 4k doesn't come thru it
makershaker2 m ago

sorry, didn't realise the age of the soundbar thing. Does it connect to the tv via optical out of bluetooth. Seems a waste to send a signal to a soundbase via hdmi.
makershaker37 m ago

Have you tried connecting the Sky Q box to HDMI 3 or 4? HDMI 1 and 2 may just be the only HDMI inputs that work with 4K HDR but the others should output 4K without HDR too. As Sky Q doesn’t have HDR, it’d be fine on the HDMI 3 or 4 inputs.

*Edit*
Nevermind. Apparently Sky Q uses HDCP 2.2 and that’s the issue here as only two of your HDMI ports are HDCP 2.2 compatible. You’re going to need a hdmi switch box or try outputting audio via optical cable from the tv to the soundbase. I’d go with the optical cable option personally.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 23rd Jun
The optical cable is an option but I assume that would mean a seperate remote for the sound bar? I like the fact via ARC the soundbar goes on and off with the telly remote.
Wait I thought all HDMI ports support 4k
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants