Found 7th Feb 2009
I'm after a folding bed guard and the cheapest I found was £14.99 at tesco direct so I thought I'd pop instore and pick one up to save on postage, went in our extra store today and it's over £20 in store?! I know its not much difference but bit p'd off that the same company can charge more just because in in the shop not online.... poo!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

I bought a TV the other week, £350 on the net £550 in the store.

Theres a lot of people who (still) arent net-savvy and so just go for the price they see instore.

Similarly, there was a childrens set of books on the whs site I was going to get for my daughter so last time I was in town I popped into the local smiths only to find it's double the price instore!! What a con!!!!

Drives ya mad, don't it??

nikkib123;4314677

Write and complain!

Why? If the site has a price doesnt mean that they have to have the same price insotre, could be coming from a different warehouse or base company or anything.

nikkib123;4314708

Well if you don't try you don't get!

Fair enough!

we get complaints all the time in asda about this-the answer they give is that asdadirect are competing with websites and do not have the staff and heating/lighting etc costs that a store has.

tvs and high value items are much cheaper on our website than instore-not sure what tescos answer would be but suspect it may be the same.

it's because they are cutting out the middle man........no picking from the warehouse to deliver to the stores.......then no need to put on the shelves and no need for a person at the till..therefore lowering the price

barky;4314745

we get complaints all the time in asda about this-the answer they give is … we get complaints all the time in asda about this-the answer they give is that asdadirect are competing with websites and do not have the staff and heating/lighting etc costs that a store has.tvs and high value items are much cheaper on our website than instore-not sure what tescos answer would be but suspect it may be the same.

queenlush;4314769

it's because they are cutting out the middle man........no picking from … it's because they are cutting out the middle man........no picking from the warehouse to deliver to the stores.......then no need to put on the shelves and no need for a person at the till..therefore lowering the price

What they said.

nikkib123;4314781

I am not saying they will do anything if you write and complain but … I am not saying they will do anything if you write and complain but sometimes it makes you feel better that you have had your say!

I agree - better to fire off an e-mail to Tesco than just have a moan on some forum :whistling:

Original Poster

Found it for £14.99 at mothercare on special offer.... stuff tesco lol

kirsty1981;4320970

Found it for £14.99 at mothercare on special offer.... stuff tesco lol

lol, Yay! Mothercare still rocks sometimes :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.818
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769455
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98197
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1946

See more discussions