Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Not finding any stuff to buy in any groceries store...

Posted 22nd MarEdited by:"ab713"
Any idea on what should I do? Checked local tesco metro and lidl not finding anything.

Check click and collect/delivery for the following: No available slot ( havent checked going personally in these stores as they are not near my location)

1. Morrisons
2. Asda
3. Ocado not available
4. Nothing on amazon pantry.
5. Got only 20% stuff from sainsbury

Any idea?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I find it impossible to believe the supermarkets you have visited have absolutely no food on the shelves.
23 Comments
As they said in yesterday’s press conference it’s not that you can’t eat it’s just that you might have to have something different. What is it you need, even when there is no hand soap there will be options. Lidl and Aldi round our ways have been the best places to get things but you might need to go to more than one store.

Delivery won’t be an option as the slots will be booked as soon as they become available and there is no guarantee you will get what you want.
Edited by: "eslick" 22nd Mar
Corner shops / convenience stores seem to have the essentials for now if that helps. Other than that, if you need a delivery have you tried local farms?
I think the supermarkets will be back to normalish in a couple of days. Hold out a bit if you can. Can you not make a meal from the 20%? Takeaway perhaps
If you have nothing left then your best hope is to queue up outside a store before it opens for a few hours but no social distancing there.

There is only so much longer before the delivery bottleneck is solved + the stockpilers run out of space. You should be able to get more stuff soon, hopefully by next week if you can hold on until then.
Edited by: "jamie15" 22nd Mar
Telephone Mr Patel, cornershop. @ab713
Edited by: "splender" 22nd Mar
Not sure where you are located but being present at store opening has been sufficient to get what I needed.
what time did you go? people have reported stuff are back on the shelves more since the restriction has been put in place so i am surprised to hear this unless you went near closing time? it has been a very busy shopping day as sunday always is.

if you go early tomorrow they would have restocked. you can't get delivery slots any more. i was able to get tesco delivery slots for this week but there are none available for the next 3 weeks on their booking schedule.

if you are really stuck, the the small corner store will probably have stuff in.
As mentioned stock is often in local shops.

Wholesalers have prioritised shops and takeaways too so they have the first pick.
it's a shame there isn't a way for the suppliers to restaurants and pubs to sell directly to the public as now these businesses are closed there is a huge amount of food and drink in that supply chain.
mutley122/03/2020 23:45

it's a shame there isn't a way for the suppliers to restaurants and pubs …it's a shame there isn't a way for the suppliers to restaurants and pubs to sell directly to the public as now these businesses are closed there is a huge amount of food and drink in that supply chain.

Lots of these suppliers do sell directly to the public
I find it impossible to believe the supermarkets you have visited have absolutely no food on the shelves.
daniellndn22/03/2020 23:15

I think the supermarkets will be back to normalish in a couple of days. …I think the supermarkets will be back to normalish in a couple of days. Hold out a bit if you can. Can you not make a meal from the 20%? Takeaway perhaps

Yes i can hold for few days.
bozo00722/03/2020 23:22

Not sure where you are located but being present at store opening has been …Not sure where you are located but being present at store opening has been sufficient to get what I needed.

I didnt yet try to stand in queue before store opens. May be thats what i need to do.
pinkleponkle22/03/2020 23:50

I find it impossible to believe the supermarkets you have visited have …I find it impossible to believe the supermarkets you have visited have absolutely no food on the shelves.

I am vegetarian and when u went 2 hours before closing (may be this was my mistake, i should have waited in queue before store opening)
1. No frozen stuff
2. No peanut butter
3. No oats
4. No rice
5. No pasta packets
6. No milk.

Only thing I got is:
Fresh fruits, vegetables
ab71322/03/2020 23:59

I am vegetarian and when u went 2 hours before closing (may be this was my …I am vegetarian and when u went 2 hours before closing (may be this was my mistake, i should have waited in queue before store opening)1. No frozen stuff2. No peanut butter3. No oats4. No rice5. No pasta packets6. No milk.Only thing I got is:Fresh fruits, vegetables

I personally visited only tesco metro and Lidl. Other stores checked online but no delivery or click and collect slot available
I relate with op think it depends where you live im a london suburb and went to 3 shops couldnt get hardly anything defo not fresh fruit or veg or basics i had to drive out about 5 miles to a small coop and managed to get some bits on the way past a tesco superstore and people were queuing around the entire car park just thankful i drive because if i didnt i wouldnt of been able to get much some people are really suffering
Or morrisons had enjoy shelves on Saturday, the co-op had stock. Yesterday the co-op was empty but Morrisons had loads (in fact they were reducing prices on shine stuff ad they were filling the shelves. Seems its not lack of supplies, it the deliveries that addre the issues now. Just keep trying,
Just for info, I was up and about early yesterday so thought I would head out to get some fresh stuff if i could, local mini mart type place has tons of fruit and veg available and loads of other cupboard items (non fresh) but virtually no meats (I know that is of no use to the OP). Co-op next door had bits n pieces and some bread but again, no meats.

2 mins down the road are 2 more co-ops, both had fresh fruit / veg / meats / cereals and lots of options, also a few other mini marts all with loads of fruit and veg available.

Maybe lucky, but these are smaller local stores and not the local bigger stores / supermarkets / hypermarket types. I know each area will be different but it's more about giving yourself options and going and looking. i was fortunate but keen to get some shopping in for my elderly / high risk parents to make sure they had no reaosn to go out themselves.
We visited Aldi yesterday afternoon, it was almost like a 'normal' day other than signs up to say restriction on the amounts you could buy. They limited every item to 4 per customer. The only thing that was low on the shelves was meat but that always happens on a sunday afternoon, everything else was quite well stocked. Apart from the alcohol that is which was a bit bare come to think of it lol. Compared to when i went to Sainsburys in the week for some milk, which had been picked bare almost as if the end of the world was coming. there was nothing on the shelves in there at all , no meat, fish, cheese, butter, tins, bread pet food, cleaning stuff or anything, they had some loo roll delivered while i was there and people were actually running to get it off the cage as it came through the door. Crazy.
I popped in to Asda yesterday and the only thing really out of stock was dried pasta, there was still fresh pasta available and plenty of food to make a meal with. I took the last box of eggs from the shelf but there was more than enough bread and semi-skimmed milk. I didn't look at the meat aisle as I didn't need any but it seemed ok.
A lot of farm shops and garden center shops are fully stocked. Most are also doing home delivery.
Why do people still run to a supermarket is beoynd me.
also m&s was fine on saturday. it seems the low cost places that seem to attract all the nutters.
Supermarkets in much better state today since there wasn't the usual post school run rush
Ever since there was a limit on the quantity of each item you could purchase, the shelf’s seem to be a lot more full
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants