Not happy with Sky dish install

Found 29th Jan
I got Sky installed last week on my new build property, the engineer said the only place the dish could go is on the front of the house (conveniently next to the living room where the cable was going) pointing across the front of the house. I was pretty sure the exact same angle could be achieved on the rear. However the engineer denied this so had to go with the dish on the front.

however my next door neighbour has just had his dish installed on the rear of his house in the exact same angle I described!!

Is it worth complaining to sky and trying to get it moved?

thanks

dan
Community Updates
AskEntertainment
13 Comments
I believe you have a cooling off period so phone them up and tell them to move it or come and remove it and cancel your contract . They will move it
I had Sky out couple of years ago. Nightmare! Engineers are amateurs and want in and out as quickly as possible. I chased 2 Engineers on the same day (Sky for TV install and BT for telephone). Neither of them had a clue! Took Sky to ombudsmen and received an apology and compensation. Went back to Virgin Media. Will never go with Sky even if they pay me! AVOID!!!
Would it have had a clear view of the sky?, I recall a sky engineer pointed dish at a lamppost once and had move it.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 29th Jan
mccauley40 m ago

I had Sky out couple of years ago. Nightmare! Engineers are amateurs and …I had Sky out couple of years ago. Nightmare! Engineers are amateurs and want in and out as quickly as possible. I chased 2 Engineers on the same day (Sky for TV install and BT for telephone). Neither of them had a clue! Took Sky to ombudsmen and received an apology and compensation. Went back to Virgin Media. Will never go with Sky even if they pay me! AVOID!!!

Funny isn't it? I'd rather extract my own teeth than deal with virgin ever again. Guess it just depends on the individual experience.
I'm surprised you haven't got a covenant that states no satellite dishes etc to be installed on a front wall.
You could always cancel Sky and move to Virgin for a while until Sky roll out their Sky boxes that don't need a satalite

bbc.co.uk/new…603
d3fult_72 h, 8 m ago

You could always cancel Sky and move to Virgin for a while until Sky roll …You could always cancel Sky and move to Virgin for a while until Sky roll out their Sky boxes that don't need a satalite http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42815603

Yup that's an idea, it would mean that if the internet is down, then so is your Sky channels though!
He probably did it for quickness & convenience.The engineer i had told me it was basically job and knock with Sky & i was the last one he was doing that day.He was delighted that he'd be in the pub by two o'clock after finishing mine.
Funny that the last engineer i had booked i had to cancel because he called to say he was going to be late and it clashed with me needing to go out.I asked how long it would take him and he started banging on about ' oh,i know your street,they are thick walls' ,wi-fi might be tricky,it could take as long as 4 hours' etc.I guess he wanted an early finish that day too
Tree, chimney, street light, building - any of these obstructing line of site?
There are free apps you can download to your mobile to check the line of sight, check the position you were hoping it could be installed at before complaining to Sky.

Bear in mind, if Sky move it to the rear, you may have fixing holes visible on your brand new property.....
Looking at getting sky, new dish required how much is this or included
I installed mine without contract shame it had to go out front dont look too bad. You can buy a satellite strength finder.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants