Groups
    EXPIRED

Not received my DBS Certificate....

My current job I had to get a DBS check which the Employee did and came out of my wages etc.

Job I am applying for requires a DBS check as well, but I have nothing to prove that I have already had a DBS check.

Should I not have received a certificate or proof that I had a DBS check...

Thanks!

15 Comments

Banned

Some info here:

gov.uk/dis…ate

would imagine you would need to apply for a new one in case you have done anything "bad" meanwhile, really struggle to see why employees should bear the cost of this when they can't apply, seems very wrong in this day and age.

Original Poster

KillFelix

Some info … Some info here:https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/tracking-application-getting-certificate

Thnaks, but is says "The employer will have to ask the applicant to see the certificate." Doesn't that mean I should have been sent the DBS certificate as I am the employee"

Banned

TheBoss96

Thnaks, but is says "The employer will have to ask the applicant to see … Thnaks, but is says "The employer will have to ask the applicant to see the certificate." Doesn't that mean I should have been sent the DBS certificate as I am the employee"

Not sure if I'm honest, bud. Just did a quick google and that's what popped up. Good luck, though.

Hi, If you are moving to a different job you would be required to renew your DBS anyway, but to answer your other question on should you of received proof of your old DBS than yeah i certificate gets sent to you at the address you live at, and not the employer at the time. If you never received the certificate then you should of never started working at your current place.
    If you still have the tracking reference you can go on the wedsite and see what stage its at.

You need a new DBS for each different job if it's with a different company/organisation. I've had 3 so far this year. Each certificate has the name of the company or organisation on it. The certificate does tend to take a while to come through. I think my most recent one took about 8 weeks.

Just a note, it's usually the employer who pays for it. I've never had to pay for one myself apart from the one I have for my own business.

TheBoss96

Thnaks, but is says "The employer will have to ask the applicant to see … Thnaks, but is says "The employer will have to ask the applicant to see the certificate." Doesn't that mean I should have been sent the DBS certificate as I am the employee"

Yes, it's sent directly to you and is your property, not the property of your employer.

Original Poster

Ok thanks all for your help! As Vics said probably take a while for the certificate to come to my address

Banned

i paid £50 for a annual one and it needs renewal in a few weeks. do I still need a renewal ?
    how long doe i take t

sofiasar

i paid £50 for a annual one and it needs renewal in a few weeks. do I … i paid £50 for a annual one and it needs renewal in a few weeks. do I still need a renewal ? how long doe i take t

mine lasts for 3 years didn't know they did a annual one

All DBS certificates are sent directly to the applicants home address as there is only one copy issued, if you haven't received your copy you can ask the DBS for a replacement certificate within a certain time frame (think it is 3 months). You are responsible for showing your employer your certificate as they do not receive a copy. When you receive your certificate you can apply to join the DBS update scheme which will cost you £13 per year and this means you can take your certificate from job to job and will not need another check. You will only have 19 days from the date of issue of your certificate to join this scheme. Also the DBS allow Royal Mail 14 days to deliver certificates.

Banned

DBS certificate should have been sent to you once completed.

Banned

Yeah

I worked with these in HR for a long time.

You receive a certificate, as does your employer.

If you do not have your copy, the new employer will have to do a new check.

Where I used to work, we did a new check on all employees regardless of whether they previously had one or not!

You should have received the certificate as employers apply on your behalf and then ask you to bring it in so they can check and photocopy it. You can track it providing you have the tracking number at https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/enquiry/enquirySearch.do

If you don't have a tracking number you'll need to call them and find out where it went on 0870 909 0811.

They are pretty good on the phone, during my time in residential recruitment I chased a lot of DBS checks and they do try their best to help.

You should have received the certificate as employers apply on your behalf and then ask you to bring it in so they can check and photocopy it. You can track it providing you have the tracking number at https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/enquiry/enquirySearch.do

If you don't have a tracking number you'll need to call them and find out where it went on 0870 909 0811.

They are pretty good on the phone, during my time in residential recruitment I chased a lot of DBS checks and they do try their best to help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gaming Monitor33
      2. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?11
      3. Car park fine UKPC55
      4. debenhams lancome order11

See more discussions