Not sure if I'm being stupid here

Found 22nd Nov 2017
My phone just rang, its just a cheap wired analogue phone, BT line, picked it and a machine said its BTs messages service and someone with withheld number has left me a message press 1 to hear it.

I didn't trust it not to be a scam as I've never heard that before so i just hung up.

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
32513558-0Kak8.jpg
Dial 1571. Then you'll know.

Are you standing in for Mutters today?
Burn it and the telegraph pole just to be safe.
32513068-PVjYb.jpg
25 Comments
Ring 1571 that way you will know if you have a message.
You can send messages to landlines if that's what you're worried about?
deeky47 s ago

You can send messages to landlines if that's what you're worried about?

But wouldn't someone phone first
Sounds weird to me, I would report it to BT, if there is a message they should be able to get it for you, if not then report the malicious phonecall
Could be a recorded BT promotional/marketing message, in which case they wouldn't ring first
Burn it and the telegraph pole just to be safe.
32513068-PVjYb.jpg
Segata-Sanshiro9 m ago

You can send text messages to landlines.
We removed that messaging service a few years ago because we found it annoying
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 22nd Nov 2017
Wongy11034 m ago

Burn it and the telegraph pole just to be safe.[Image]

Poor samsung
32513558-0Kak8.jpg
Dial 1571. Then you'll know.

Are you standing in for Mutters today?
Not sure if I'm being stupid here

Yes you are
MSK.28 m ago

[Image] Dial 1571. Then you'll know. Are you standing in for Mutters …[Image] Dial 1571. Then you'll know. Are you standing in for Mutters today?

Harsh but fair.
32514102-8uhOR.jpg
Yeah its a tough question you pose.
if some one sends a text message to a land line, isnt that the service that reads it out ?

if you pick phone up can you hear an intermittant dial tone or the normal one ?
Listening to the message isn't going to harm you...
Doo it! Do it! Do it!
Reminds me so much of the time when I was drunk I sent a very private text message to my girlfriend

Problem was that it was sent as a voicemail message to her Mum's landline phone
It’s the BT text message service. Had to turn mine off after a musclefood order as they spam your number to hell after. Hermes will sometimes send delivery confirmation through to it too.
Landlines are for old people anyway... Discuss
Segata-Sanshiro18 h, 4 m ago

Not necessarily. I've done it myself before, sent a text message to someone's landline instead of their mobile by mistake. They still got it the same way as you did.
CoeK3 h, 47 m ago

Landlines are for old people anyway... Discuss

that's why I don't have one lol. (Well I have one but I don't own a telephone so there's nothing plugged in other then my wifi router)
LeahsMintytoutou1 m ago

that's why I don't have one lol. (Well I have one but I don't own a … that's why I don't have one lol. (Well I have one but I don't own a telephone so there's nothing plugged in other then my wifi router)

Same with mine, no idea what the number would even be.
marcb461723 h, 45 m ago

Ring 1571 that way you will know if you have a message.

Well i did that and it said this service isn't available on this line. So its a mystery
LeahsMintytoutou1 h, 38 m ago

that's why I don't have one lol. (Well I have one but I don't own a … that's why I don't have one lol. (Well I have one but I don't own a telephone so there's nothing plugged in other then my wifi router)

So your paying for something you don't use, landline calls are cheaper then mobile
Segata-Sanshiro4 h, 22 m ago

So your paying for something you don't use, landline calls are cheaper …So your paying for something you don't use, landline calls are cheaper then mobile

I'm in an area where I have to get my wifi from the local company and I have to have a landline in order to get wifi. i wouldn't have a landline if I didn't need it for that. I need my mobile, I get thousands of mins and unlim texts so don't need a house phone for calls.
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 23rd Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants