Found 25th Mar 2010
I've been a member of this site for 4 years now.

I've had bargains, I've posted bargains - I have really enjoyed being part of a site that gives an edge to consumers but yet still cares about it members.

Now....... It has arrogance and no commication with members.

I understand that it's main focus is as a buisness but without members it's nothing - yet we don't seem to matter anymore. It's more like the gestapo.

For me I think I'll move on and find a site that cares a bit more.......

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
40 Comments

Who are you?

Close the door on your way out if you please

Banned

I agree mate bunch of wannabe mods or jokers left.

like watching old people make out... not pleasant at all.

how have they been uncaring ?

I only come on realy to be near micoo

See ya! :-D

Banned

to many cliques n a poor mod team (well 1 poor mod)

There's gonna be multiple references to your low post count OP!

Banned

I fully agree with the OP, lets get rid of the mods and make this a happy caring place again

I agree. I feel abused and undervalued.

supermod

Now....... It has arrogance and no commication with members.I understand … Now....... It has arrogance and no commication with members.I understand that it's main focus is as a buisness but without members it's nothing - yet we don't seem to matter anymore. It's more like the gestapo.

katrb, can you let us know what's happened ? If you don't want to post details in this thread you can use the report button http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/images/custom_buttons/report.gif beside your user name to let us know

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/flyonwall/Sad%20Emo%20Pictures/EmoSoap.jpg

angelfairee;8208504

ur just ****** cos u just got back

Banned

dcx_badass;8208545

failpic

i need to do what all the other members do...

BRB i need to find a picture of 'fail'

Banned

angelfairee;8208504

oh hai thur.... hope you dont hate me :-(

Banned

I'm ok with this site, from my view its always been rubbish...

Banned

khy86;8208561

i need to do what all the other members do...BRB i need to find a picture … i need to do what all the other members do...BRB i need to find a picture of 'fail'

here, borrow my fave... http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/roflbot-oiw0.jpg

op has a point though

Marina;8208495

There's gonna be multiple references to your low post count OP!

LOL i've been a member for even longer and dont have a high post count...does it really matter? I can't remember a time when I would have had the time to be on here enough to get up to the 10,000's!!!

micoo;8208551

ur just ****** cos u just got back

Shut it, or else.

bykergrove;8208566

oh hai thur.... hope you dont hate me :-(

Why, what have you done?

angelfairee;8208504

What!!! You loved it and I left the £20 on the bed side table!:-D

chunky;8208594

LOL i've been a member for even longer and dont have a high post … LOL i've been a member for even longer and dont have a high post count...does it really matter? I can't remember a time when I would have had the time to be on here enough to get up to the 10,000's!!!

no one respects a n00b

angelfairee;8208603

Shut it, or else.

or else what?

when am i gonna get my shirt back?

bykergrove;8208580

here, borrow my fave... op has a point though

Oooh yes, saved to desktop...right alongside cheryl cole :-D.

Anyway judging by all the recent threads, i somewhat have to agree.

Original Poster

chunky;8208594

LOL i've been a member for even longer and dont have a high post … LOL i've been a member for even longer and dont have a high post count...does it really matter? I can't remember a time when I would have had the time to be on here enough to get up to the 10,000's!!!

Thanks chunky - just because I don't post loads doesn't mean I don't follow or been watching the difference.........

katrb;8208629

Thanks chunky - just because I don't post loads doesn't mean I don't … Thanks chunky - just because I don't post loads doesn't mean I don't follow or been watching the difference.........

ive been a member for 3 years and i dont know wht ur on about, seems the same as it was to me

[quote=micoo;8208622]no one respects a n00b
I get that...but would anyone really care if you werent respected on a deals website?!!!

jubbyme;8208575

I'm ok with this site, from my view its always been rubbish...

Get back to that four word game :lol:

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8208605

What!!! You loved it and I left the £20 on the bed side table!:-D

That was supposed to be a SECRET arrangement.

micoo;8208622

or else what?when am i gonna get my shirt back?

What shirt?! :whistling:

chunky;8208638

I get that...but would anyone really care if you werent respected on a … I get that...but would anyone really care if you werent respected on a deals website?!!!

I don't know, but would anyone really care if people were mean to each other on a deals website?!?!?!?!?!

Original Poster

sigma;8208505

katrb, can you let us know what's happened ? If you don't want to post … katrb, can you let us know what's happened ? If you don't want to post details in this thread you can use the report button beside your user name to let us know

Thanks sigma - you have been someone who cared and still does - unlike a lot of the rest of the site - don't want to get into it but appreciate your help. Site just feels different and not about the people anymore.

Banned

angelfairee;8208603

Why, what have you done?

i eated up your cookies :oops:

katrb;8208657

Thanks sigma - you have been someone who cared and still does - unlike a … Thanks sigma - you have been someone who cared and still does - unlike a lot of the rest of the site - don't want to get into it but appreciate your help. Site just feels different and not about the people anymore.

It's been said many times about various people Kat

Original Poster

chunky;8208638

[quote=micoo;8208622]no one respects a n00bI get that...but would anyone … [quote=micoo;8208622]no one respects a n00bI get that...but would anyone really care if you werent respected on a deals website?!!!

by other members I don't give a t*ss but with the site itself that has built itself through people I do.

It's like bad customer service - you don't want to go back as you don't feel a worthy customer.

angelfairee;8208650

I don't know, but would anyone really care if people were mean to each … I don't know, but would anyone really care if people were mean to each other on a deals website?!?!?!?!?!

I wouldn't...it's not real life...hmm well it is for some lol!!

micoo;8208633

ive been a member for 3 years and i dont know wht ur on about, seems the … ive been a member for 3 years and i dont know wht ur on about, seems the same as it was to me

its beter for u now micoo as i am her now

bykergrove;8208662

i eated up your cookies :oops:

You can add them to the list of things you have to give me on our date

chunky;8208680

I wouldn't...it's not real life...hmm well it is for some lol!!

:thumbsup:

As a lurker more than a poster, this place used to have some edge, proper hot deals. Now it just seems to be updates on supermarkets latest bog roll offers, eejit trolls out for an argument, and half witted chavs trying to out-chav each other.

I used to traipse through the site on an almost OCB basis, but I'm now looking to other places! I truly think there is a business model for someone smarter than me to set up a selective rival, using the gmail /demonoid invitation model to make a mint. Proper deals, with up to date vouchers, not arguing about niff naff and 1 store only deals which the OP bought.

chunky;8208638

no one respects a n00bI get that...but would anyone really care if you … no one respects a n00bI get that...but would anyone really care if you werent respected on a deals website?!!!

touche my friend :lol:

miles136;8208684

its beter for u now micoo as i am her now

seriously m8, wtf is wrong with you?

katrb;8208657

Thanks sigma - you have been someone who cared and still does - unlike a … Thanks sigma - you have been someone who cared and still does - unlike a lot of the rest of the site - don't want to get into it but appreciate your help. Site just feels different and not about the people anymore.

i agree, sigma is one of the good mods- atleast gives u a proper explanation for her warnings, thread closures etc unlike some who just take the easy route- Just suspend the member!!!:x
i was suspended in one thread for just telling that it is a good car-
hotukdeals.com/ite…vti

and its just not me- a lot of people happened to be doing similar stuff- in so many other threads- just say 'aaaawwww its a lovely dress', 'oh thats so cute' etc etc. Still dont understand what some mods see is right and what is wrong!!

Banned

op on the whole i agree with you. it just seems like the majority seek pleasure in putting other people down nowadays and it gets a little boring after a while. I wont be using the site much in a while. because as you put it so clearly, it's not what it was.

Original Poster

lilmuppets;8208698

As a lurker more than a poster, this place used to have some edge, proper … As a lurker more than a poster, this place used to have some edge, proper hot deals. Now it just seems to be updates on supermarkets latest bog roll offers, eejit trolls out for an argument, and half witted chavs trying to out-chav each other. I used to traipse through the site on an almost OCB basis, but I'm now looking to other places! I truly think there is a business model for someone smarter than me to set up a selective rival, using the gmail /demonoid invitation model to make a mint. Proper deals, with up to date vouchers, not arguing about niff naff and 1 store only deals which the OP bought.

Wanna start a business as I reckon a right model would reap great rewards..........

Banned

AR03;8208706

i agree, sigma is one of the good mods- atleast gives u a proper … i agree, sigma is one of the good mods- atleast gives u a proper explanation for her warnings, thread closures etc unlike some who just take the easy route- Just suspend the member!!!:xi was suspended in one thread for just telling that it is a good car- http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/634480/fs-2001-x-toyota-celica-1-8vvtiand its just not me- a lot of people happened to be doing similar stuff- in so many other threads- just say 'aaaawwww its a lovely dress', 'oh thats so cute' etc etc. Still dont understand what some mods see is right and what is wrong!!

For the umpteenth time - no thread spoiling in fs/ft allowed. Review rules #14 and #15 if in any doubt.

All such posts will be actioned in the same manner should we be aware of it.

As for the OP, we genuinely don't wish any member to leave. It's well worth reflecting upon in the morning and contacting a mod or admin should you wish your issues to be resolved.

As the thread is now heading towards another direction:

katrb;8208727

Wanna start a business as I reckon a right model would reap great … Wanna start a business as I reckon a right model would reap great rewards..........

We'll close until your issue has been addressed.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Whatsup number, confused44
  2. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
  3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
  4. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21

See more discussions