Expired

Note 4 not great for bluetooth

Found 2nd Sep 2017
I play music from my ipad air, my lenovo ideapad (windows 10) and my galaxy note 4 (android marshmellow 6.0.1). I use the kitsound pocket hive bluetooth speaker for these players and the music plays really well except for the note 4 where the sound jitters so I don't get a smooth play.

It is acceptable but I can hear the slight fluctuation in the connection from the disruption of the music, very small and quick disruption but enough to be noticeable.

When I listen to music on my note 4 through the corded headphones the sound is very smooth so the problem is the bluetooth connection. I only play music on bluetooth over wifi.

Anyone got any idea why I having this problem playing music on the note 4 when I do not have this problem on the ipad air or my laptop?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

Have you tried youtube ?

Original Poster

kester7623 m ago

Have you tried youtube ?

do you mean to see whether i get the same problem with the note 4 on bluetooth?

mutley132 m ago

do you mean to see whether i get the same problem with the note 4 on …do you mean to see whether i get the same problem with the note 4 on bluetooth?

Yes. Could be app specific, could be the format/sample rate the app pushes out isn't quite compatible causing the OS to resample. Could just be a bad app.

Original Poster

kester761 h, 47 m ago

Yes. Could be app specific, could be the format/sample rate the app pushes …Yes. Could be app specific, could be the format/sample rate the app pushes out isn't quite compatible causing the OS to resample. Could just be a bad app.

thanks so much for this. you are quite right. i listened to the music on youtube on my note 4 and i don't get the problem so it is the music app on my phone that is the issue. it is the built in samsung music app so i am surprised that it is causing problem.

i used the google music player and it all works fine. the clarity of the sound is also much better. cheers, you have solved my problem
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions