Groups

Note 7

Im looking at getting my wife a new phone, she liks the note 7 but with the recent battery issue i wasnt sure wether to go for it. Is it now safe to order or should i look at something else?

15 Comments

Once the replacement programme as all sorted you'll not get any issues with faulty batteries.
    Don't think the handset is available anywhere tho at the min as I'm considering grabbing one myself or the s7 edge.

No complaints on newer Note 7. I think it should be available by end of October itself. I ordered one from Very.co.uk on 28th Aug and still waiting to get my hands on it.
    Edited by: "phanikirankara" 24th Sep 2016

No sign of it on cpw website yet

Note 7 is a beast.

There are no reports of any accidents over here. The replacement program is going on as of last week. My replacement will be delivered on Monday.

You'll be able to tell it is a new *non explosive* device as the battery indicator will be green all the time. So it is easy to tell if you have a new batch phone or not.

I have been using mine extensively since I received it 3 days before release day and it's an amazing phone.

The recall was good for me, as it meant I could treat the phone like I never would do. I knew it was getting replaced so took the cover off, used it in the shower loads of times, really pushed its limits and it has coped with it all.

Get it, then get yourself one, don't listen to the clowns who tell you to get some knock off no doggee one plus crapfest phone from china which will take 7years to arrive and you'll have to pay 5grand to send back.

Wait just a bit longer, and give her the beast.

Galaxy Beast

I'm really interested in this phone once they sort the issues out

benjammin316

Note 7 is a beast.There are no reports of any accidents over here. The … Note 7 is a beast.There are no reports of any accidents over here. The replacement program is going on as of last week. My replacement will be delivered on Monday. You'll be able to tell it is a new *non explosive* device as the battery indicator will be green all the time. So it is easy to tell if you have a new batch phone or not.I have been using mine extensively since I received it 3 days before release day and it's an amazing phone. The recall was good for me, as it meant I could treat the phone like I never would do. I knew it was getting replaced so took the cover off, used it in the shower loads of times, really pushed its limits and it has coped with it all.Get it, then get yourself one, don't listen to the clowns who tell you to get some knock off no doggee one plus crapfest phone from china which will take 7years to arrive and you'll have to pay 5grand to send back.Wait just a bit longer, and give her the beast.Galaxy Beast

Could you please elaborate what did you test rigorously on your old Note 7? Did you use the screen naked? How do you usually carry it? Did it scratch? Did the back side scratch? Did the phone overheat on normal day to day activities? any other issues? I ordered mine on 28th August from Very and didn't get hold of the phone yet.

Edited by: "phanikirankara" 25th Sep 2016

mmurdoch

No sign of it on cpw website yet

Available for pre-order with delivery commitment by 28th October for both Blue and Black variants. Previously the delivery date was 21st Oct. Not its postponed.
    carphonewarehouse.com/sam…tml!colour=blue&capacity=64GB&dealType=sf

phanikirankara

Could you please elaborate what did you test rigorously on your old Note … Could you please elaborate what did you test rigorously on your old Note 7? Did you use the screen naked? How do you usually carry it? Did it scratch? Did the back side scratch? Did the phone overheat on normal day to day activities? any other issues? I ordered mine on 28th August from Very and didn't get hold of the phone yet.

Used it in the shower countless times.

No screen protector or case.

In pocket with keys

On workbench at work

Tossed about a lot

YouTube videos for hours at a time

Once I get my new one, tomorrow, I'll definitely be putting a case back on it. I dropped this one from about 3foot in the bathroom and it cracked the back. Why it's got glass all over I'll never know. Sure, it looks amazing, but it's slippy and fragilie on the back.

As for the front, no scratches, no marks. I'll be rubbing the screen with my keys tomorrow before boxing it up to see how it holds up.

It's nice to have been using it like an old phone to give me an idea of how it holds up.

I'll be taking a lot of care of my new one, dropping wise. That's the first time I've dropped a phone. So case will be on, I won't bother with a screen protector, I never have done anyways.

I thought I read over on mac forums it was postponed until at least November in Europe
    androidauthority.com/gal…09/

the porter

I thought I read over on mac forums it was postponed until at least … I thought I read over on mac forums it was postponed until at least November in Europe http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-7-november-sales-europe-718009/

Hi the date us for new orders on the shelves in UK shops, Amazon etc. (after probably all the pre-orders and replacements are honored) but the one in discussion is a replacement. Replacements started from 19th itself.
    Edited by: "phanikirankara" 25th Sep 2016

benjammin316

Used it in the shower countless times. No screen protector or case. In … Used it in the shower countless times. No screen protector or case. In pocket with keysOn workbench at workTossed about a lotYouTube videos for hours at a timeOnce I get my new one, tomorrow, I'll definitely be putting a case back on it. I dropped this one from about 3foot in the bathroom and it cracked the back. Why it's got glass all over I'll never know. Sure, it looks amazing, but it's slippy and fragilie on the back. As for the front, no scratches, no marks. I'll be rubbing the screen with my keys tomorrow before boxing it up to see how it holds up. It's nice to have been using it like an old phone to give me an idea of how it holds up. I'll be taking a lot of care of my new one, dropping wise. That's the first time I've dropped a phone. So case will be on, I won't bother with a screen protector, I never have done anyways.

Yes. case is a must. All days are not ours. Which case are you planning on getting/got? Which color is your note? Eagerly waiting for your key scratch test . Please do post the result here.

phanikirankara

Yes. case is a must. All days are not ours. Which case are you planning … Yes. case is a must. All days are not ours. Which case are you planning on getting/got? Which color is your note? Eagerly waiting for your key scratch test . Please do post the result here.

I got grip pro cases, a deal which I found on here

amazon.co.uk/gp/…-21

hotukdeals.com/dea…936

I got one of each, but prefer the grip pro cases. Got a silver and blue one. Fit really well without being overbearing.

I have the coral blue note, really like it. It's subtle

I will definitely report back tomorrow evening, even with the phone being with my keys the past few weeks there are no notable scratches on the screen.

I usually give my wife my old phone

benjammin316

I got grip pro cases, a deal which I found on … I got grip pro cases, a deal which I found on herehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JM5T9AU/?tag=ho01f-21http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-note-7-orzly-case-s-sale-normal-14-99-amazon-g-hub-2490936I got one of each, but prefer the grip pro cases. Got a silver and blue one. Fit really well without being overbearing. I have the coral blue note, really like it. It's subtleI will definitely report back tomorrow evening, even with the phone being with my keys the past few weeks there are no notable scratches on the screen.

still waiting for your report :D​

benjammin316

I got grip pro cases, a deal which I found on … I got grip pro cases, a deal which I found on herehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JM5T9AU/?tag=ho01f-21http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-note-7-orzly-case-s-sale-normal-14-99-amazon-g-hub-2490936I got one of each, but prefer the grip pro cases. Got a silver and blue one. Fit really well without being overbearing. I have the coral blue note, really like it. It's subtleI will definitely report back tomorrow evening, even with the phone being with my keys the past few weeks there are no notable scratches on the screen.

​Hi mate, what happened? Got your new Note? Any issues with the new one? What happened to your scratch test?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions