Note 8 - first thoughts?

Found 17th Sep 2017
What's everyone's first thoughts about the Note 8? Got mine yesterday (after a cock up by DPD) and first impressions are good. The included AKG earphones seem decent and i'm impressed with the performance. Not fully looked at battery life yet.

Has anyone else had any issues with dead pixels? I've got what looks like 1 black (dead) pixel roughly half way down the display, a few mm to the right of the centre of the display. Really obvious when scrolling on a white background for example.

Obviously its a £900 phone so i'm getting it exchanged, wondering if anyone else has experienced the same?
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments
Send it back under your 14 day distance selling regulation. Go past this period and you'll be palmed off with Samsung saying 1 dead pixel isn't a problem.

I don't like Samsung after purchasing a few of their products.

Have you looked at the oneplus5, very good phone for the money.
Overhyped. I stopped buying Samsung phones a while back. They were admittedly £100~ ones and back a few years ago, but I found that they lagged like crazy and didn't have very long support. I'm on iOS now and before anyone says anything about being a fanboy, I believe these are overhyped too but they have longer support than 2 years. They are expensive though.
Dolphinzz23 h, 5 m ago

Overhyped. I stopped buying Samsung phones a while back. They were …Overhyped. I stopped buying Samsung phones a while back. They were admittedly £100~ ones and back a few years ago, but I found that they lagged like crazy and didn't have very long support. I'm on iOS now and before anyone says anything about being a fanboy, I believe these are overhyped too but they have longer support than 2 years. They are expensive though.

Ever heard of the saying you get what you pay for?
Of course a £100 Samsung phone is going to be poor and not on the latest version of Android...
DT896 m ago

Ever heard of the saying you get what you pay for?Of course a £100 Samsung …Ever heard of the saying you get what you pay for?Of course a £100 Samsung phone is going to be poor and not on the latest version of Android...

I for one am shocked that a £100 phone isn't as good as a £700 phone.

I haven't got my Note yet but the other half got hers(in gold of course) she hasn't had any dead pixel issues. Battery life seems to be roughly the same as my pixel xl so far.
DT891 h, 2 m ago

Ever heard of the saying you get what you pay for?Of course a £100 Samsung …Ever heard of the saying you get what you pay for?Of course a £100 Samsung phone is going to be poor and not on the latest version of Android...

Motorola G4/G5 Plus- £150 smartphones with the latest Android OS.
Dolphinzz12 m ago

Stock android though. Google does all the software updating for them.
Original Poster
Dolphinzz30 m ago

yes but you probably spent >£400 on your ios device, so yes, a phone 4 times the budget will be better.

the budget range from Samsung has always been a bit flakey i have to agree with you, but at least they do a budget range unlike Apple.

i have a G4 as a work phone and its ok - nothing special, still has the occasional stutter/lag so even those are not immune and ive not had a software update for a good few months. definately better than a £100 Samsung but then again, it does cost 50% more.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants