Notebooks that accept phone sim cards.....

Found 8th Apr 2011
Wondered if there is such a thing as a laptop that accepts broadband ready sim cards instead of using those stupid dongles that ALWAYS end up snapping.

I know there is laptops out there that take sim cards but does it/will it work in the exact same way? and what are they actually called? any examples out there?

11 Comments

For example a dell e6400, or netbook such as msi, or dell minis (some do some dont)

Original Poster

Thanks....

do you know if there work exactly the same as the dongles? without any flaws?

my work laptop Lenovo T400 has it in-built. used less than 5 times and no cannot comment on the performance

Word of warning if after removing battery you spot a sim card slot. Don't think I know, I'll try my sim card. Co's you'll probably hear it dropping inside your laptop and some of them have no easy access panels to remove it, therefore needing the whole assembly removed to retrieve your sim card
Edited by: "dontasciime" 8th Apr 2011

Its called integrated 3G like this one which is now expired
hotukdeals.com/dea…529

Some Samsung N150 have them but as pointed out above although there maybe a slot for SIM cards don't rely on there being an actual sim card holder there. You will normally find out if there is one via the device manager of the operating system.
Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 8th Apr 2011

You might consider a midi, this is a separate device whic using a mobile broadband connection sets up a wireless connection. Nothin to break off as it can go in your pocket plus you can share it with up to five devices

Original Poster

mittu1

Its called integrated 3G like this one which is now … Its called integrated 3G like this one which is now expiredhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/asus-ul30a-culv-laptop-13-3-su7300-3g-2-year-warranty-320-save-laptops/912529

Thats the thing, i wouldnt want just a small netbook. Id prefer a usual size laptop with a pref 17" screen with the integrated 3g....

any previous deals on hukd?

mosskeeto

You might consider a midi, this is a separate device whic using a mobile … You might consider a midi, this is a separate device whic using a mobile broadband connection sets up a wireless connection. Nothin to break off as it can go in your pocket plus you can share it with up to five devices

do you not mean mifi ?

Lmao! Yeah I did... Combination of no glasses and apples auto correct function

dontasciime

do you not mean mifi ?

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11