Nothing Phone 1 128GB Black New £399 @ Amazon

Posted 5th Sep 2022
Edit: Turns out this RRP, just option can buy from amazon I guess.
amazon.co.uk/dp/…OLE
Only the Black (8+128) version at this price

• Glyph Interface: A new way to communicate. Unique light patterns indicate who’s calling. Signals app notifications, charging status and more. Everyday interactions, made joyful.
  • Design: Dual-side Gorilla Glass gives toughness. Advanced vibration motors make touch responses life-like. The symmetrical bezels and aluminium frame adds elegance, lightness and durability.
  • 50 MP dual camera: Large main camera sensor and ƒ/1.8 aperture. For brilliant realism. Always-sharp shots with dual image stabilisation. Expansive shots with the 114° field of view. And intelligent features like Scene Detection and Night Mode to take images to the next level.
  • Video: Crystal-clear 4K. Liquid motion at 60 fps. And Live HDR tailors true-to-life highlights and shadows.
  • Nothing OS: Delivers only the best of Android. No bloatware. Just speed and a smooth experience. Hardware and software speak a single visual language, with bespoke widgets, fonts, sounds and wallpapers. Enables seamless integration with third party products.
  • 120Hz OLED display: 1 billion colours. Every hue, powerfully true-to-life. 6.55” OLED display. HDR10+. Richer colour and deeper contrasts, tuned to each scene. Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate for irresistibly responsive interactions, while being reassuringly power-efficient.
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G+: Powerful. Reliable. Fast. Cue phenomenal graphics. Heightened gaming. Advanced camera features. All accelerated by 5G.
  • 4500 mAh Battery: Charge fast. Charge wirelessly. Get 18 hours of use with every charge. 50% power in just 30 minutes. Power accessories like ear (1) with 5W reverse charge.
  • Responsible: Made with 100% recycled aluminium. Leading the industry with over 50% of the plastic components coming from bio-based and recycled sources. Recycled fibre packaging. And the unfailing determination to shrink tech’s environmental impact.
Community Updates
Permanent Offers
New Comment

27 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Bought one and had a terrible experience with their customer support. I highly recommend against buying one. Mine came with some of the glyph lights not working. Contacted amazon which got me in contact with Nothing's customer support which told me to factory reset the phone (like it's gonna help a hardware issue) and reply to their email if it didn't work. After replying asking them for a replacement, they told me after 2 weeks of waiting that the warranty only covers phones bought directly by them and I should instead have it dealt with Amazon. I didn't bother pointing out that their warranty says it covers sales from authorized reseller which clearly Amazon is, cause it's a lost cause and I returned the phone immediately as I wouldn't want to deal with their customer support again.
    Cold AF

google.com/amp…mp/

Lowering screen brightness after all the reviews are out. 1200 to 700nits! (edited)
    That's a OP thing, Carl knows all the tricks.
    Stereo speakers, whoops that's gone
    Waterproofing whoops that's gone too.
    This is RRP.
    Amazon are incorrect in their 499 RRP and 20% discount.
    You are right. It almost makes one think if it is deliberate!
    EDIT : Having said that, people might still prefer to buy from Amazon for one reason or another rather than say from Nothing directly. (edited)
    Not a deal, £399 is the MSRP
    I had very bad green tint on the unit I bought. Return was easy as always with Amazon though. The phone seems excellent for the price if you don't have any hardware issues. (edited)
    Their QA is horrible, a lot of reported faulty units. I'm betting most won't last long. (edited)
    Surely there are cheaper torches out there.
    Amazon are becoming quite difficult to deal with too regarding returns. They've altered their policies quite a lot over the past 12-18 months. They used to basically be no questions asked up to 12 months after purchase, now if you go past 30 days they generally refuse returns unless there's a fault - and even then they try and force a repair rather than return/refund.

I've also noticed far fewer items I order are next day delivery anymore, usually 2-3 days, even when marked as Prime delivery. I think I'll cancel Prime when my current subscription runs out. There's not much benefit to it anymore, Amazon are rarely the cheapest option and if I need an item quickly I'd be better off with Argos for same day delivery or collection in person. (edited)
    With Prime it's next day delivery from when it is shipped apparently. This is what support has told me on many occasions. If it does not arrive, once shipped, in 1 day. I always complain and they add a month of prime to my sub. Better than nothing.
    Nothing for something. Bad deal.
    The only real reason to buy this phone was that it ran a vanilla Android OS and, you had to assume, would come with quick updates, but the Android 13 non beta isn't forecast to arrive until early 2013 so you might well just buy the Pixel 6a.
    Early 2013??!!
    John cena should promote this phone
    Certainly not cost nothing
    what on earth is that for £399
    It's a mobile phone from the dude who made OnePlus a success. I think his name is Carl Pei. The LED glyphs are a gimmick, but overall as a design, it looks really nice.

For the price though, might be better to go for other well established brands.
    And there's me thinking this would be for nothing!
    If I had a pound for every time somebody listed this phone at RRP from Amazon.
's avatar