Expired

novelty cufflinks for wedding.... total rubbish or amusing?

22 replies
Found 2nd Apr 2009
I'm half thinking of getting some novelty cufflinks for the males in the wedding party..

As a quick poll, do you reckon they are completely tacky and would just look dumb, or do you think they are ok and might be vaguelly amusing?

Pics in post 2

22 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.hotcufflinks.co.uk/images/APS052LRG.jpghttp://www.hotcufflinks.co.uk/images/APS058LRG.jpg
http://www.hotcufflinks.co.uk/images/APS055LRG.jpghttp://www.hotcufflinks.co.uk/images/APS056LRG.jpg

They are not funny and i don't think they are intended to be..

good idea i reckon. amusing and not overly tacky.

excellent idea and would go well with the cans of lager placed on the tables during the buffet.

Original Poster

ants97;4808806

excellent idea and would go well with the cans of lager placed on the … excellent idea and would go well with the cans of lager placed on the tables during the buffet.

Is that what your family do at weddings? Classy stuff :thumbsup:

How much are you going to spend on them? They don't have to be tacky.
I bought some nice custom made cufflinks for one of my family and i had a pic of his car put on the front. They were resin domed and cost me £25. He still wears them.
I got them on this site : linksandties.co.uk/Bes…spx
You could personalise them a bit more and label the box instead of putting words on the links.

Realistically who is going to see them unless they go around showing people its not something thats very noticeable so if you like them and want to get them go for it its a nice keepsake that doesn't take up to much room afterwards.

ants97;4808806

excellent idea and would go well with the cans of lager placed on the … excellent idea and would go well with the cans of lager placed on the tables during the buffet.

Only if it's KFC bargain buckets for the wedding meal! :thumbsup:

Re Cufflinks, not really worth bothering, I would've thought.

Sorry but I wouldn't wear them if you paid me. Is this wedding in Essex?

Babbabooey;4808829

Is that what your family do at weddings? Classy stuff :thumbsup:

yes:w00t:

Original Poster

kaits;4808861

How much are you going to spend on them? They don't have to be tacky. I … How much are you going to spend on them? They don't have to be tacky. I bought some nice custom made cufflinks for one of my family and i had a pic of his car put on the front. They were resin domed and cost me £25. He still wears them. I got them on this site : http://www.linksandties.co.uk/BespokeCufflinks.aspxYou could personalise them a bit more and label the box instead of putting words on the links.

Well the initial idea was to get my best man a proper set of cufflinks as a thank you present.

But when searching for them all i found were the novelty ones which then gave me the idea to get them for all the men.

DKLS;4808866

Sorry but I wouldn't wear them if you paid me. Is this wedding in Essex?

I'm not from Essex, and I don't find Essex jokes very funny either!

Personalising cufflinks can make them a very nice keepsake. I have a garter, dress and shoes from my wedding day - I've not worn any of them since, but they make me smile when I think about them.

The question is will the people who will be wearing them, appreciate them?

Butterflies;4808979

The question is will the people who will be wearing them, appreciate them?

No, they're for men, we don't appreciate anything! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Butterflies;4808979

I'm not from Essex, and I don't find Essex jokes very funny … I'm not from Essex, and I don't find Essex jokes very funny either!Personalising cufflinks can make them a very nice keepsake. I have a garter, dress and shoes from my wedding day - I've not worn any of them since, but they make me smile when I think about them.The question is will the people who will be wearing them, appreciate them?

I know that the men would not be offended by them, and they would quite happily wear them. They are by no means whatsoever meant to be "serious" gifts/presents.

As the above poster says, men don't appreciate anything, and i'm sure this would be the same. IE they will be worn on the day and then never looked at again.

Butterflies;4808979

I'm not from Essex, and I don't find Essex jokes very funny … I'm not from Essex, and I don't find Essex jokes very funny either!Personalising cufflinks can make them a very nice keepsake. I have a garter, dress and shoes from my wedding day - I've not worn any of them since, but they make me smile when I think about them.The question is will the people who will be wearing them, appreciate them?

But touchy arent you love, Did you have a chavvy wedding devoid of taste and decency?

Its difficult to answer that question without knowing the intended wearers, which seems to negate the point of asking strangers on a forum.

Personally I wouldn't wear them, better to put the money that would be spent on these behind the bar to help the party along.

DKLS;4809026

But touchy arent you love, Did you have a chavvy wedding devoid of taste … But touchy arent you love, Did you have a chavvy wedding devoid of taste and decency?Its difficult to answer that question without knowing the intended wearers, which seems to negate the point of asking strangers on a forum.Personally I wouldn't wear them, better to put the money that would be spent on these behind the bar to help the party along.

I might be a little touchy yes - but you have just been very rude to presume about my wedding.. And you are so VERY wrong!

they are pretty cool, problem with them is, you can only wear them once, so pointless IMO, get some nice ones as the thank you presents to your ushers etc

good idea i think.

Alfonse

they are pretty cool, problem with them is, you can only wear them once, … they are pretty cool, problem with them is, you can only wear them once, so pointless IMO, get some nice ones as the thank you presents to your ushers etc

From your logic wedding dresses are pointless too as the bride only wears it once.

A few thoughts: -

1. Will they be wearing double-cuff shirts? If not, forget it; cufflinks on single cuffs look bad
2. Are they people that wouldn't normally wear cufflinks and possibly not own any? If you are hiring double-cuff shirts, they will appreciate not having to buy some themselves. (they'd probably appreciate 'normal' links more though which can be used on other occasions.)
3. Are they regular wearers of cufflinks? If so, it's likely they will find these tacky and feel deprived of wearing a quality pair from their collection.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/pig-cufflinks.jpg

SuffolkLad222

A few thoughts: -1. Will they be wearing double-cuff shirts? If not, … A few thoughts: -1. Will they be wearing double-cuff shirts? If not, forget it; cufflinks on single cuffs look bad2. Are they people that wouldn't normally wear cufflinks and possibly not own any? If you are hiring double-cuff shirts, they will appreciate not having to buy some themselves. (they'd probably appreciate 'normal' links more though which can be used on other occasions.)3. Are they regular wearers of cufflinks? If so, it's likely they will find these tacky and feel deprived of wearing a quality pair from their collection.

The original question was posted 4 years 11 months ago, I think those thoughts may be wasted.

I do enjoy musing on cufflinks though. Has been a while since I wore a double cuff shirt
Edited by: "Fandango_Grim" 19th Mar 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604833
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3593
    3. black friday dates for halfords11
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…66

See more discussions