Now Borders have gone into Administration.. Does that mean...

Found 27th Nov 2009
all franchises (our's has GAME as part of our Team Valley store) will have to reduce their prices?

I'm guessing not as they will move their stock to other stores but thought I'd ask

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

the one in Solihull has had it stock being reduced for the last 2 weeks at least, went in last week and isnt loads left

Don't think so - there were ads in the Metro about the Books Etc up to 70% off sale, but the 70% off was for rubbish and there was only 20% off the rest of the stock - ok if you've getting an older book I guess, but for best sellers/new books you'd be better off going to supermarkets or shopping online.

nessynoo01;7019431

the one in Solihull has had it stock being reduced for the last 2 weeks … the one in Solihull has had it stock being reduced for the last 2 weeks at least, went in last week and isnt loads left

I went in too nessy was a loada crap!! :w00t:

4lyons09;7020594

I went in too nessy was a loada crap!! :w00t:

i only went as they had the horrid henry books for £2.50 and needed 2 to complete daughters collection.

Most of the stock was either crap books or those jewellery hanging things

They are trying to sel it as a going concern so any talk of a "clearance sale" is just hype by the administrators. Stock will not be reduced below wholesale value until they start breaking up the business.

Franchises like GAME and Paperchase are unaffected.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch11
    2. Credit Card Debt Question...66
    3. Looking to travel from belfast33
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller44

See more discussions