Now that April Fools Day is over, what was the funniest pranks you witnessed? (incl in person, online or even over the radio)

I saw a couple and attempted a couple too and it definitely caused a chuckle but what was the funniest April Fools pranks you witnessed, whether it was in person, online or even on the radio, as there was definitely a lot of fools around? lol

11 Comments

Shevchenko scoring a goal was quite a shock!

Original Poster

Trickyjabs;4807395

Shevchenko scoring a goal was quite a shock!

What about Shearer taking over at Newcastle only months ago when he said he would never consider it? :giggle:

Those silly bankers at RBS - waving notes out of the window to protestors . . . . . .

The pranksters! - that backfired quite badly though didn't it :oops:

Hearing Whoopi Goldberg had married Peter Cushings son!!!! Doh :oops:

an old school friend pretended he had a kid.... that was odd..............
even put up baby pictures!

the best prank i remember seeing though was the google april fool last year... remember that???
i actually half believed it as well! lol

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;4807657

Hearing Whoopi Goldberg had married Peter Cushings son!!!! Doh :oops:

So is the joke that she became Whoopi Cushion or that someone is willing to marry her? :giggle:

czar.nik;4807993

an old school friend pretended he had a kid.... that was … an old school friend pretended he had a kid.... that was odd..............even put up baby pictures! the best prank i remember seeing though was the google april fool last year... remember that???i actually half believed it as well! lol

I don't know that one...do tell. :-D

Banned

czar.nik;4807993

an old school friend pretended he had a kid.... that was … an old school friend pretended he had a kid.... that was odd..............even put up baby pictures! the best prank i remember seeing though was the google april fool last year... remember that???i actually half believed it as well! lol

Care to explain please...

can't remember the exact details so just gonna copy and paste from the wiki page (Google's hoaxes, en.wikipedia.org/wik…xes)

Google TiSP (short for Toilet Internet Service Provider) was a fictitious free broadband service supposedly released by Google. This service would make use of a standard toilet and sewage lines to provide free Internet connectivity at a speed of 8 Mbit/s (2 Mbit/s upload) (or up to 32 Mbit/s with a paid plan). The user would drop a weighted end of a long, Google-supplied fiber-optic cable in their toilet and flush it. Around 60 minutes later, the end would be recovered and connected to the Internet by a "Plumbing Hardware Dispatcher (PHD)". The user would then connect their end to a Google-supplied wireless router and run the Google-supplied installation media on a Windows XP or Vista computer ("Mac and Linux support coming soon"). Alternatively, a user could request a professional installation, in which Google would deploy nanobots through the plumbing to complete the process. The free service would be supported by "discreet DNA sequencing" of "personal bodily output" to display online ads that relate to culinary preferences and personal health. Google also referenced the cola-and-Mentos reaction in their FAQ: "If you're still experiencing problems, drop eight mints into the bowl and add a two-liter bottle of diet soda." Also, look for delivery offered through the sewage system!

I thought it was a pretty weak April Fools this year
- the BBC's fake documentary piece was unfunny and rather pointless - I was expecting Steven Fry to ride one of those Shark/Whales!
- usually a load of decent video game fool's, but hardly none this year.
- youtube's upside down gag was poor - the rick'roll from last year was much better.
- google - meh...and predictable

Original Poster

czar.nik;4808088

can't remember the exact details so just gonna copy and paste from the … can't remember the exact details so just gonna copy and paste from the wiki page (Google's hoaxes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google%27s_hoaxes#Google_TiSP)Google TiSP (short for Toilet Internet Service Provider) was a fictitious free broadband service supposedly released by Google. This service would make use of a standard toilet and sewage lines to provide free Internet connectivity at a speed of 8 Mbit/s (2 Mbit/s upload) (or up to 32 Mbit/s with a paid plan). The user would drop a weighted end of a long, Google-supplied fiber-optic cable in their toilet and flush it. Around 60 minutes later, the end would be recovered and connected to the Internet by a "Plumbing Hardware Dispatcher (PHD)". The user would then connect their end to a Google-supplied wireless router and run the Google-supplied installation media on a Windows XP or Vista computer ("Mac and Linux support coming soon"). Alternatively, a user could request a professional installation, in which Google would deploy nanobots through the plumbing to complete the process. The free service would be supported by "discreet DNA sequencing" of "personal bodily output" to display online ads that relate to culinary preferences and personal health. Google also referenced the cola-and-Mentos reaction in their FAQ: "If you're still experiencing problems, drop eight mints into the bowl and add a two-liter bottle of diet soda." Also, look for delivery offered through the sewage system!

Would of prefered your own brief explaination. :thumbsup:

The Google one about setting up a colony on mars was pretty good
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions