Now TV?

Found 18th Jun 2015
Please can someone explain Now TV to me? I have Sky downstairs and would like to be able to watch TV in my bedroom but we can't get an aerial to it, so how does Now TV work? If I buy a box will I be able to get it on my TV upstairs? I have wifi! Was thinking about Sky Multi-room but it's rather expensive!

1. Ask
  2. Now TV
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Now TV
10 Comments

No. Now TV is a streaming service where you have to buy a pass from Sky for a month. Entertainment, movies or sports. It also has free access to bbc iplaywr etc.

Why not get a computer and use sky player to download over wifi for free instead of a second TV?

And use the TV as a monitor? That would work.

Why not connect into the sky box downstairs and buy a magic eye

ding

Why not connect into the sky box downstairs and buy a magic eye

Agree I have this in two of my bedrooms but you can only watch the same channel that is on downstairs. Or if you have sky go you can watch your sky package via a playstation.

Original Poster

I already have the second TV and don't want a computer in my bedroom - But thanks for the input - By getting a Now TV box/pass each month and plugging it into my TV upstairs will I be able to watch TV? And would it need an aerial? It's a bit pointless with the 'magic eye' thing as you have to watch the same channel as downstairs, I might as well be downstairs! Also I don't have a playstation, nor would I buy one!

korinarose4366

I already have the second TV and don't want a computer in my bedroom - … I already have the second TV and don't want a computer in my bedroom - But thanks for the input - By getting a Now TV box/pass each month and plugging it into my TV upstairs will I be able to watch TV? And would it need an aerial? It's a bit pointless with the 'magic eye' thing as you have to watch the same channel as downstairs, I might as well be downstairs! Also I don't have a playstation, nor would I buy one!

Test nowtv before you buy a box....its ok, but expensive, and not many channels best of getting multiroom

korinarose4366

I already have the second TV and don't want a computer in my bedroom - … I already have the second TV and don't want a computer in my bedroom - But thanks for the input - By getting a Now TV box/pass each month and plugging it into my TV upstairs will I be able to watch TV? And would it need an aerial? It's a bit pointless with the 'magic eye' thing as you have to watch the same channel as downstairs, I might as well be downstairs! Also I don't have a playstation, nor would I buy one!

Depending on your setup down stairs you can use the 2nd tv option from your sky box to loop through the signal from your aerial to feed a digital freeview box

It uses your internet connection to receive online IP TV channels i.e. Now TV [with subscription] BBC iPlayer, 4oD and 5 On Demand you will not get the normal terrestrial channels broadcast via the digital service.and received through a roof top Ariel,

Theres an offer on at the moment to try it for a month for £1 and I think I read somewhere they reduced it to around a fiver a month for three months too

I have sky downstairs and my son has multiscreen in his room, i have been wanting to cancel sky for a while so am currently using a now tv box in my bedroom to try out which I'm finding ideal.
The Now tv works off wifi so u just plug the box in to the telly(and wall of course)and off you go, u watch all your live tv on freeveiw, catch up like bbc iPlayer, itvPlayer ,4od and 5od on the now tv box and you have 3 choices when u purchase the box, 3 free month's entertainment(channels include sky 1,sky Atlantic, sky living+ others)or a one month sky movies or 2 x24 hour sky spmorts passes.
The now tv boxes are currently on offer at £10 in both Sainsbury n tesco(you get the passes in with the box). If you don't like it u can cancel it otherwise it will automatically renew at £6.99 per month for the entertainment or u can use another voucher code.
I have now given notice to end my sky as it will work out cheaper for me to have 3 now tv boxes running entertainment,movies n sport for less than I pay sky just for the entertainment.
You can run up to 4 items- the box/tablet/phone/games console through the registered box in any one home and u can watch different channels on two at any one time.

If you log into your sky account it is there that you can try it for £1.

Hope this helps n sorry to the pros if I have made any mistakes I am fairly new to giving an opinionion. Good luck

Original Poster

Suziq91

I have sky downstairs and my son has multiscreen in his room, i have been … I have sky downstairs and my son has multiscreen in his room, i have been wanting to cancel sky for a while so am currently using a now tv box in my bedroom to try out which I'm finding ideal. The Now tv works off wifi so u just plug the box in to the telly(and wall of course)and off you go, u watch all your live tv on freeveiw, catch up like bbc iPlayer, itvPlayer ,4od and 5od on the now tv box and you have 3 choices when u purchase the box, 3 free month's entertainment(channels include sky 1,sky Atlantic, sky living+ others)or a one month sky movies or 2 x24 hour sky spmorts passes.The now tv boxes are currently on offer at £10 in both Sainsbury n tesco(you get the passes in with the box). If you don't like it u can cancel it otherwise it will automatically renew at £6.99 per month for the entertainment or u can use another voucher code.I have now given notice to end my sky as it will work out cheaper for me to have 3 now tv boxes running entertainment,movies n sport for less than I pay sky just for the entertainment.You can run up to 4 items- the box/tablet/phone/games console through the registered box in any one home and u can watch different channels on two at any one time.If you log into your sky account it is there that you can try it for £1.Hope this helps n sorry to the pros if I have made any mistakes I am fairly new to giving an opinionion. Good luck

Thank you very much for this it is very helpful!
Post a comment
@
    Text