Now tv

Posted 23rd Sep
So with virgin poor service all round been offered a deal with sky dunno if I want to pay what there asking so now I'm thinking about now tv with the 4k box, how good is this is there Freeview installed & does it connect to my sky satellite I've still got up, also how good is the pic quality, many thanks for any info.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Now TV 4K got into trouble for false advertising, it's quite mis-leading only 2-3 Apps on the Now TV 4K box actually support 4K streaming all of which cost money such as Netflix & Amazon Prime, Now TV does not support 4K, infact it only streams 720p and stereo sound making it the worst streaming service for PQ & Sound Quality. You cannot use your sky satellite with it no, it's simply a streaming box but does give access to Sky Channels - Sport's, Entertainment, Kids & Movie's
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 23rd Sep
O right many thanks
Wait until black Friday they do 50% or so off deals if you buy 12 months upfront for the subscriptions.
I paid what works out at about £8/month for films and entertainment.

It's iirc 720p, they have claimed they are upgrading it for a long time.
lettherebedeals23/09/2019 21:12

Now TV 4K got into trouble for false advertising, it's quite mis-leading …Now TV 4K got into trouble for false advertising, it's quite mis-leading only 2-3 Apps on the Now TV 4K box actually support 4K streaming all of which cost money such as Netflix & Amazon Prime, Now TV does not support 4K, infact it only streams 720p and stereo sound making it the worst streaming service for PQ & Sound Quality. You cannot use your sky satellite with it no, it's simply a streaming box but does give access to Sky Channels - Sport's, Entertainment, Kids & Movie's

They keep saying 1080p is in the works, trouble is they've been saying it for years
4Real201623/09/2019 21:39

They keep saying 1080p is in the works, trouble is they've been saying it …They keep saying 1080p is in the works, trouble is they've been saying it for years

Yeah I have give feedback a few times about surround sound to which as always been ignored like the feedback about 1080p from customers, they just don't listen, but are happy to falsely advertise and even have the cheek to increase prices by £1 a month. As for the 4K box it's so mis-leading for customers when it was 1st released it only supported Netflix 4K but no mention of this on the box.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 23rd Sep
Good luck in finding anything to watch on NowTv I watched a series called Curfew utter dross just had to watch it to see if it got any better it didn't only saving grace was Billy Zanes hippy group but that's all.
If you regularly watch the Sky channels (Sky One, Sky Atlantic etc) then Now TV entertainment is worth is to get those much cheaper than you can on satellite. Or if you want to watch the movies on Sky cinema channels then its also much cheaper to stream on Now TV compared to Sky satellite. The only downside is that its all only in 720p.

You don't need any particular box, many smart TVs already have a Now TV app.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants