Now TV Boost (including 1080p streaming) for £3 a month

Posted 21st Nov
Now TV are now offering the option to boost their content to 1080p for an extra £3.00 a month.

What do I get with NOW TV Boost?
  • Full HD: Watch all the Sky Sports channels, plus selected shows and movies, in 1080p video quality instead of the usual 720p.
  • Smoother sporting action: Two Sky Sports channels – Main Event and Premier League – are available at 50 frames per second (except on LG TV).
  • Awesome audio: Got a surround sound speaker system or soundbar? Boost lets you enjoy a fully immersive audio experience with Dolby Digital 5.1.
  • An extra stream: Another handy benefit is that you get to stream on 3 devices at the same time. Perfect for families that can’t agree on what to watch!
help.nowtv.com/art…ost
Community Updates

Groups

9 Comments
I think most people will say no thanks......trying to charge an extra £3 a month just for HD is taking the p155
gardner121/11/2019 18:31

I think most people will say no thanks......trying to charge an extra £3 a …I think most people will say no thanks......trying to charge an extra £3 a month just for HD is taking the p155

I won't be paying for it, I've never had an issue with 720p on the 24 and 32 inch screens I watch on. I was expecting that 1080p would be at an extra cost, thankfully it's come as a optional extra rather than as £3 increase in all the Now TV pass prices.
They put their prices up a few months ago didnt they? And now even more for 1080p which should now be the default resolution.
Definitely taking the p155 asking for extra money for 1080p, have they never heard of 4k.
Charging extra for full HD seems like something from about 2009. 50fps should be standard on sports channels by now too. Please don't pay extra for basic stuff like this, it just sustains the rip-off for longer.
Also does this include Sky Cinema?
Craig201822/11/2019 02:51

Also does this include Sky Cinema?

From the link I provided

What can I watch in HD?
You can watch all of the following in 1080p with NOW TV Boost:

• All the Sky Sports channels – plus, you can watch Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League at 50fps
  • All the live Sky Cinema channels, plus all on-demand movies
  • All the live Entertainment channels except Fox and Gold, plus selected box sets
  • All the live Kids channels except Cartoonito and Nicktoons, which aren’t in HD, plus limited on-demand kids' episodes.
What a rip off. Also, I can guarantee you the lowest 1080p bitrate you will have ever seen. I'll stick to Disney+, Netflix and Amazon. It's a shame as NowTV has great content, especially since I don't have Sky.
ShishaGod22/11/2019 08:36

What a rip off. Also, I can guarantee you the lowest 1080p bitrate you …What a rip off. Also, I can guarantee you the lowest 1080p bitrate you will have ever seen. I'll stick to Disney+, Netflix and Amazon. It's a shame as NowTV has great content, especially since I don't have Sky.

I've got a LG TV, so god knows what the picture quality would be like for me.

Smoother sporting action: Two Sky Sports channels – Main Event and Premier League – are available at 50 frames per second (except on LG TV)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions