Now TV box and HDMI-CEC?

Found 13th Aug 2015
Does anyone know if you can control Now TV using your TV remote?
Community Updates
AskNow TV
8 Comments
no it doesn't support it..

Frustrating to see these types of questions, when a simple browse on google would've answered it.
Feel free to share a link to the Google search results confirming that it doesn't support it.

The closest I can find is a Now TV forum post from December 2013 requesting it as a feature.

With the new box just out it seemed reasonable to ask if it, or the original, had the feature.
It's a rebranded Roku box. So google around that instead.

Not only does it not support CEC, it breaks any other device using ARC CEC.
Then NowTV Smart box does support CEC with the new firmware update rolling out now.
brookysm

Then NowTV Smart box does support CEC with the new firmware update … Then NowTV Smart box does support CEC with the new firmware update rolling out now.

Thanks! That actually makes the new box a bit more tempting.
MMeldrum

Thanks! That actually makes the new box a bit more tempting.

No worries, just bare in mind it's a new feature n may take them a while to get fully working as they usually screw something up the 1st time they release a new feature....
Update landed on mine, seems the box will control the TV but not the other way round atm, well not on mine anyway which it will with other devices.

Oh well suppose it is a start....
Ah ok, so it's more for the smart features of the new box. Makes sense I suppose, but it's a missed opportunity for them to allow people to use other (generally better) remotes.

Again, thanks for the info.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants