Now TV Box (black) - Live Freeview TV app - is there one?

Found 7th May 2016
Maybe I imagined it but I seem to remember seeing a comment in a post here recently that there is an app that can be loaded to the Now TV box that allows live TV (Freeview) as opposed to the Live Sky TV built into the Now TV ....... is there such an app

I know only one app can be added to these boxes and Plex is one of them but I am sure I have seen a Freeview app too

any hints / links please

EliTom
Community Updates
13 Comments
This what you want - coincidentally, i'm trying it at the moment on a new black box
blog.artesea.co.uk/201…tml
nerodenerdo

This what you want - coincidentally, i'm trying it at the moment on a new … This what you want - coincidentally, i'm trying it at the moment on a new black boxhttp://blog.artesea.co.uk/2016/01/tvplayer-on-roku-or-now-tv.html

that's the one !!

let me know how you get on ....quote from link

UPDATE: At present changes made by TVPlayer have blocked the streams from loading.
However I’ve created an alternative app using FilmOn feeds.
Latest Version: FilmOn 1.1.7 Sideloadable ZIP / Roku Private Channel

does it work now ?

thanks

EliTom
Installed filmon just now and that works a treat.
Yep, just installed on new black now tv box - took ten mins and got all the live channels - got to put up with little filmon icon top right but v. Good
nerodenerdo

Yep, just installed on new black now tv box - took ten mins and got all … Yep, just installed on new black now tv box - took ten mins and got all the live channels - got to put up with little filmon icon top right but v. Good

What's the quality of the pic like? Sd or hd? Grainy/fuzxy/pixilated?
Looks like sd to me - not amazing but I'm just using for a spare tv where I can't be bothered to run a cable to
Thanks for this. I may put it on later.
nerodenerdo

Looks like sd to me - not amazing but I'm just using for a spare tv where … Looks like sd to me - not amazing but I'm just using for a spare tv where I can't be bothered to run a cable to

same here - bedroom TV with no aerial cable - just for the news channels really - will try later

EliTom
nerodenerdo

Yep, just installed on new black now tv box - took ten mins and got all … Yep, just installed on new black now tv box - took ten mins and got all the live channels - got to put up with little filmon icon top right but v. Good

cheers nerodenerdo - that works just fine

EliTom
does kodi work on blaxk boxs ?
nerodenerdo

This what you want - coincidentally, i'm trying it at the moment on a new … This what you want - coincidentally, i'm trying it at the moment on a new black boxhttp://blog.artesea.co.uk/2016/01/tvplayer-on-roku-or-now-tv.html

Thank you for this - it worked a treat for me.
kevlfc

does kodi work on blaxk boxs ?

no
thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants