Now tv (entertainments channels)

Posted 15th Dec 2019
So, currently paying Sky £57 a month which includes £15 for the entertainments package - recently committed to a new 18 month contract as we took the HD channels for £2.50 a month.

I see Now TV are offering the entertainments channels and Cinema for £114 for a year. Thinking about cancelling entertainments via Sky, buying a Now TV stick and signing for this instead?

Any major flaws with that? Would we still keep the HD channels? Does a stick allow you to still record and playback shows from the Sky box?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Now TV doesn't come in HD. I think you may be able to pay extra but not sure what channels it covers.
You can't record either. It works via catch up.
Generally entertainment programs stay far a set time to watch
The stick enables you to stream everything through the internet. It doesn’t have a record option. There are about 14 live channels on entertainment. HD is extra per month as far as I know. I don’t bother with it.
It’s £3 pm extra for full HD instead of 720p. I’ve found on my bedroom tv which is hd I don’t notice the difference between the 2 but in my main tv a 60” 4k you can tell the hd is better even though not in 4k it’s a lot sharper. I’d say if it’s gonna be your main viewing platform pay the £3 pm. For me I’ve got Netflix and prime tv and Apple TV+ and now tv along with kodi and other things so it’s not worth the £3 for the occasional months I use nowtv when I’m arch offers. Like the current £4 cinema month or I got 4 months entertainment for free and sports mobile £1 pm. Just keep look out for offers on here, through now tv offers and also try cancelling subscriptions to see what now tv themselves offer in the cancellation process. I find as long as you’ve had a package (sports, cinema, entertainment etc) for 2 months in a row after that if you go to cancel you always get a good offer.
Why not just get iptv cost £20 a year for all channels plus many more from abroad..
Does a stick allow you to still record and playback shows from the Sky box?
As far as I know it would not allow you to record & playback shows via the Sky box (I think you can get a card to get the free channels on sky (e.g BBC,ITV ect) . You can view some sky channels via the Now TV stick (e.g Sky One, Sky Witness, Sky Atlantic) and view on demand boxsets
Bargainhead15/12/2019 09:37

Why not just get iptv cost £20 a year for all channels plus many more from …Why not just get iptv cost £20 a year for all channels plus many more from abroad..

I use iptv and the picture quality is not the best so I still have my virgin media tv as my go to for my TV channels. I only pay for the iptv as I get to watch every single Everton game so for me it's still worth it but I wouldn't use it as my everyday tv because quality not the best. It's bearable though to watch the mighty blue boys
What packages are you actually getting and does your account list the various packages as in or out of contract?

I think that if you cancel all channel bundles (entertainment pack, movies pack etc) then the Sky HD box no longer records, will Sky let you cancel all packages and keep HD only? no idea...

I think you need to speak to them and see what you're contractually obligated to as you recently added a new package option.

Sky and Now TV operate as two seperate companies and having a Now TV stick and package won't mean anything to your Sky account.
Edited by: "spannerzone" 15th Dec 2019
Thanks all - I do have an IPTV as well but the wife particularly likes the reliability of the Sky channels, but I’m always looking to reduce the bill if I can most of what we watch is recorded and watch later. I recently signed up to the now tv mobile sports app for £4 for 4 months, so wondered if there was other bargains to have through them 🏻
I recently cancelled Sky HD after 18 years..I got a Fire stick and we found we watched mostly Amazon prime TV or freeview... so we cancelled Sky, got a half price for 18 month offer but declined and we haven't really missed Sky too much.... their HD box is the best way to record and play, nothing else is as simple and reliable but we manage with iplayer, Prime etc and we save £28 a month which will buy us a new TV after 1 year of savings!
Edited by: "spannerzone" 15th Dec 2019
spannerzone15/12/2019 11:13

I recently cancelled Sky HD after 18 years..I got a Fire stick and we …I recently cancelled Sky HD after 18 years..I got a Fire stick and we found we watched mostly Amazon prime TV or freeview... so we cancelled Sky, got a half price for 18 month offer but declined and we haven't really missed Sky too much.... their HD box is the best way to record and play, nothing else is as simple and reliable but we manage with iplayer, Prime etc and we save £28 a month which will buy us a new TV after 1 year of savings!

Get student prime 6 months free then £39, and also Netflix Turkey for about £3pm and it’ll work out cheaper than standard prime price and Netflix has so much more than prime and even sky.
You'll want to check that there aren't any channels in the Sky Entertainment package that aren't in the Now TV Entertainment package that you will miss. Now TV is more of a bare bones service.
Bargainhead15/12/2019 09:37

Why not just get iptv cost £20 a year for all channels plus many more from …Why not just get iptv cost £20 a year for all channels plus many more from abroad..

I’ve got an iptv for three had it years dunno if someone is paying or not but an old friend gave me his log ins and they’ve worked ever since so I watch footy and a few movies and shows not on other platforms. The problem is even with an excellent stream iptv quality doesn’t match prime and Netflix with its 4K and hdr etc so I don’t use it as main thing to view tv.
efc_4ever15/12/2019 10:43

I use iptv and the picture quality is not the best so I still have my …I use iptv and the picture quality is not the best so I still have my virgin media tv as my go to for my TV channels. I only pay for the iptv as I get to watch every single Everton game so for me it's still worth it but I wouldn't use it as my everyday tv because quality not the best. It's bearable though to watch the mighty blue boys

Try a different iptv the one I have has the had channels, I use the app direct on the tv not through a stick or box, don’t know if that makes a difference..
toonsquirel15/12/2019 13:03

I’ve got an iptv for three had it years dunno if someone is paying or not b …I’ve got an iptv for three had it years dunno if someone is paying or not but an old friend gave me his log ins and they’ve worked ever since so I watch footy and a few movies and shows not on other platforms. The problem is even with an excellent stream iptv quality doesn’t match prime and Netflix with its 4K and hdr etc so I don’t use it as main thing to view tv.

Can’t complain for free ..
Bargainhead15/12/2019 14:06

Try a different iptv the one I have has the had channels, I use the app …Try a different iptv the one I have has the had channels, I use the app direct on the tv not through a stick or box, don’t know if that makes a difference..

Maybe. I use it with my firestick

Who you use for your iptv
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 15th Dec 2019
efc_4ever15/12/2019 14:16

Maybe. I use it with my firestickWho you use for your iptv

I use smart iptv app on a Samsung tv, and bought a subscription on eBay fo £16, works great got vod on it as well. Sold by square-eyes...
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 15th Dec 2019
Bargainhead15/12/2019 15:57

I use smart iptv app on a Samsung tv, and bought a subscription on eBay fo …I use smart iptv app on a Samsung tv, and bought a subscription on eBay fo £16, works great got vod on it as well. Sold by square-eyes...

How long is the subscription for?

I can't find it
efc_4ever15/12/2019 17:43

How long is the subscription for? I can't find it

was 12 month, got it last month, dont know how long it will last but paypal will cover me upto 6 months...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions