Found 28th Dec 2016
Looking at Now Tv fibre as a stop gap to a better fibre deal as im getting the royal jerk around from bt following the black friday deal and guess that the topcashback will fail in the end. Now TV entertainment plus Fab Fibre comes in at £30 a month plus £60 up front for the boxes... now they advertise a £50 high street voucher and Topcashback is £86.25. Cant see anywhere but doesnt look like you have to sign to the 12 months to be eligible. So....is it possible to say do a couple of months for the voucher to come and the cashback to clear. So total spend £120 for £136.25 back plus im guessing you get to keep the hub and smart box? Thinking there must be a problem with my thinking somewhere along the line if its not already posted on here? Tried scouring the terms and conditions but nothing has flagged up.

4 Comments

What issues you having with BT ? If you placed an order with them and it failed they'll still honour it.

Original Poster

More worried about the topcashback, whilst its never a guarantee i feel like it would ultimately fail as the my original order was cancelled and manually done again by someone overseeing it at BT to double check nothing would go wrong...which i found out today had also been cancelled so i was reassured that someone would oversee my account to double check nothing goes wrong...which is what they said the last time. No one would commit to the cashback still be valid and at £165 its a risk id rather avoid. Mind my new problem is rang BT to see when my partner could cancel her contract in order to move providers and got told 10th Jan...book Now Tv for the 12th and she gets an email saying its going to be £80 worth of charges to cancel early? so looks like i will have to cancel that or see if i can postpone it till im guessing feb lol all fun and games tp try and find a reasonable deal.

What is it you're looking to achieve in the end ? If I read this right, you already have services at that address provided by BT but in your partners name, Is that right ?

Why did the original order fail ? If it was a BT error then the order can be resubmitted and with the voucher built in, the cashback I have no idea how they really work (Yeah I should do the time I spend here) so somebody else might comment on that.

Original Poster

PKRichie

What is it you're looking to achieve in the end ? If I read this right, … What is it you're looking to achieve in the end ? If I read this right, you already have services at that address provided by BT but in your partners name, Is that right ?Why did the original order fail ? If it was a BT error then the order can be resubmitted and with the voucher built in, the cashback I have no idea how they really work (Yeah I should do the time I spend here) so somebody else might comment on that.

​Yeah her contract was for basic tv and broadband and is up in feb. Tried to sway them for a new deal more in line with the black friday deal but got nothing. Got told all i could do was sign up in my name and ask for a new line. So did that all fine but BT put through the order wrong and ended up blaming Open Reach and then it failed again. Without the cashback it works out. Ignoring all cahback the Now TV deal is basically the same cost but can cancel anytime. All im trying to do now is workout when my partner can switch free of charges and wait till something that works out about £15 a month turns up. My maths get the black friday deal to equivalent £11 a month. Bts current offer is approx £20 a month and now tv £23. Ive used topcashback alot and know its good but any slight issue and it's probably a no hoper. Without it the black friday deal would work out to £25 a month if the credit card deal went through without a hitch after all the messing around.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3172
    2. Free sweet Sunday’s code22
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769365
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951380

See more discussions