now tv is having technical problems with the tv boxes

16 replies
Found 18th Oct 2016
I am having trouble myself and thought I would post incase anyone else is having issues today.
We're aware of an issue that may be affecting all customers watching both live and on-demand NOW TV on their Now TV Boxes.

Our technical teams are looking into this issue right now and will work to get things back up and running as soon as possible.

16 Comments

Mine has been turning itself off and on and the front LED light flashing, I have two, one in bedroom and one in front room, only the bedroom one has the issue.

Both same type of box?

Original Poster

Jhey

Mine has been turning itself off and on and the front LED light flashing, … Mine has been turning itself off and on and the front LED light flashing, I have two, one in bedroom and one in front room, only the bedroom one has the issue.

​thought it was just me earlier...tried brand new box and same thing. did online chat they basically didn't know said it was strange and referred my case they meant to be getting in touch with me. nothing as yet. went on my account and saw the message I posted. mine doing same as yours flashing box blank screen.

I bought a new wide black model a month or so back. That would only show one live channel and had to be reset before it would show another live channel! But streaming worked fine.

I had that swapped out for a new one. That one would randomly show a line of rubbish at the top of the screen and then reset itself, it could take 20 minutes to come back on.
Tried to take that back to Sainsbury, but they say that, that model is now discontinued !!!!

Anyone know if there's another new one due??

Banned

steve1221

I bought a new wide black model a month or so back. That would only show … I bought a new wide black model a month or so back. That would only show one live channel and had to be reset before it would show another live channel! But streaming worked fine.I had that swapped out for a new one. That one would randomly show a line of rubbish at the top of the screen and then reset itself, it could take 20 minutes to come back on.Tried to take that back to Sainsbury, but they say that, that model is now discontinued !!!!Anyone know if there's another new one due??

If an item has been discontinued that is no reason for Sainsbury to not sort out your situation. Your money back is in order

cchopps

If an item has been discontinued that is no reason for Sainsbury to not … If an item has been discontinued that is no reason for Sainsbury to not sort out your situation. Your money back is in order

Normally I'd agree, but in this case I can't find the receipt (It was bought with the weekly shop). They're happy to exchange it for another, but they won't refund on it.

Tried resetting as per Helpdesk and no-go ... Suspect its an isuue at their End. Mines a newer model black one . NOT happy having to dig up the clutter of cables and switches and faffing about with new batteries. Wrong kind of bits down the line ? I think their farting about trying to get 4k down a 3Mb/s phone line. A Free months cinema pass for everyone!

just been on chat with customer services..

they said to check
community.nowtv.com/t5/…208
fir updates, although they havent updated in 5hrs,

also stated there would be no compensation fir the issues and will be fixed "as soon as it can be"

id suggest we fill a few mins of our time filing a complaint.

help.nowtv.com/art…int

maybe enough complaints and we'll change their mind about compensation

Let me know please if a firmware update is available.

centurion01

just been on chat with customer services..they said to … just been on chat with customer services..they said to checkhttp://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208#M353fir updates, although they havent updated in 5hrs,also stated there would be no compensation fir the issues and will be fixed "as soon as it can be"id suggest we fill a few mins of our time filing a complaint. http://help.nowtv.com/article/Make-a-complaintmaybe enough complaints and we'll change their mind about compensation

​jaysus, is compensation always the first things on people's minds? maybe if the service were out for a significant time but do you really want 20p back for the time you have missed?

chineseJohn

Both same type of box?

​both the same box but spoke to soon, both boxers are flashing, it comes up on the TV with an image but latest for about 2 seconds then goes black again.

Just looking into this myself and saw this thread on Nowtv facebook page. Mine started just rebooting. Did normal power off, then router off then factory reset. Put wifi details in again and now just goes back into rebooting. I'm assuming now it's them rather than my box.
Edited by: "Ridgehead" 18th Oct 2016

Mines just this second started working

GwanGy

NOT happy having to dig up the clutter of cables and switches and … NOT happy having to dig up the clutter of cables and switches and faffing about with new batteries

Think of how awesome the future will be they said in 2001, the internet they said, cable free they said, information super highway they said.

Seems all sorted now got update but had to sideload Plex again.

working again, reload plex now
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247573
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769255
    3. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't512
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2586

See more discussions