Now TV on Nvidia Shield

deleted950523's avatar deleted950523 21
Posted 26th Feb 2021
So I have a working Now TV APK that works on my Nvidia Shield. It appears to be modded from a Sony and works fantastic. Discuss?
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    jameshothothot26/02/2021 18:21

nice - does it upscale to 4k? I have been watching some DS9 upscale from …nice - does it upscale to 4k? I have been watching some DS9 upscale from the nether regions of the internet and they say nvidia shield has built in upscaling... never had one myself!

Shield can upscale to 4k it's worth the price over all other steamers. The lack of now TV app is a pain. Shouldn't need to side load it.
    Hello ontheqt

Managed to login ( a bit of a faff) finally. How can I now have thre free chanells added to the available options ? (BBC I player, Itv et al).

Thanks any furtehr inputs you may have.
    bobdylan27/02/2021 13:49

Sorry, where is the link?

The link is the text on top of the video
    Hi, all the links to the modded app have been deleted. Anyone got a new link, cheers
    Please post a how to ! And link to the APK.
    nice - does it upscale to 4k? I have been watching some DS9 upscale from the nether regions of the internet and they say nvidia shield has built in upscaling... never had one myself!
    Anonymous User Author
    Onlydongles26/02/2021 17:23

Please post a how to ! And link to the APK.

Downloaded it to my computer and stuck it in a usb stick direct to the Shield. Installed, 100% working. You could upload to Google drive them download via file commander.
    Anonymous User Author
    jameshothothot26/02/2021 18:21

nice - does it upscale to 4k? I have been watching some DS9 upscale from …nice - does it upscale to 4k? I have been watching some DS9 upscale from the nether regions of the internet and they say nvidia shield has built in upscaling... never had one myself!

See link above.
    Just wonderin, why in the Video is he using a NOW Tv remote ? should be the remote of the Shield he should be using !
    Anonymous User Author
    Onlydongles26/02/2021 20:01

Just wonderin, why in the Video is he using a NOW Tv remote ? should be …Just wonderin, why in the Video is he using a NOW Tv remote ? should be the remote of the Shield he should be using !

It's the one for Google TV. Played sky sports and kids pack on now TV no in issue with playback on Shield. I knew it was nonsense sky hasn't put the app out. They obviously have exclusive deals with Sony and Amazon. This APK is the Sony APK modded. I have a Sony and it's the same APK. When I played something, the Shield is named as an Android TV device on the now TV device list. They haven't updated the Apple TV APK for years.
    deleted95052326/02/2021 20:56

It's the one for Google TV. Played sky sports and kids pack on now TV no …It's the one for Google TV. Played sky sports and kids pack on now TV no in issue with playback on Shield. I knew it was nonsense sky hasn't put the app out. They obviously have exclusive deals with Sony and Amazon. This APK is the Sony APK modded. I have a Sony and it's the same APK. When I played something, the Shield is named as an Android TV device on the now TV device list. They haven't updated the Apple TV APK for years.

Tried it on Shield, connected to an Old Samsung TV. the app only gives option for free 7 day trial ! (presumably for Sony TV - so not quite modded it seems). How do I link this to my existing NOW tv account ? Mind you havent used nOW tv for a while anyways. USed the white box till they killed it.
    Anonymous User Author
    Onlydongles26/02/2021 23:22

Tried it on Shield, connected to an Old Samsung TV. the app only gives …Tried it on Shield, connected to an Old Samsung TV. the app only gives option for free 7 day trial ! (presumably for Sony TV - so not quite modded it seems). How do I link this to my existing NOW tv account ? Mind you havent used nOW tv for a while anyways. USed the white box till they killed it.

I managed to sign in using my normal login details, not sure what's going wrong for you, perhaps your need to press back on the offer screen. Think I saw some sort of offer for buying a Sony (which the APK is modded from). I assure you the app is fully working. No reason it would work for me and not you.
    Anonymous User Author
    bobdylan27/02/2021 13:49

Sorry, where is the link?

You need to go to the YouTube video above and click the link in the description. If you struggle send me a private pm and will try direct you.
    Anonymous User Author
    Onlydongles27/02/2021 19:35

Hello ontheqtManaged to login ( a bit of a faff) finally. How can I now …Hello ontheqtManaged to login ( a bit of a faff) finally. How can I now have thre free chanells added to the available options ? (BBC I player, Itv et al).Thanks any furtehr inputs you may have.

Free channels? All now TV content requires payment? Watched football on the app earlier, so much more smoother than using cast on the Shield, flawless play back albeit my team lost. (edited)
    deleted95052327/02/2021 20:08

You need to go to the YouTube video above and click the link in the …You need to go to the YouTube video above and click the link in the description. If you struggle send me a private pm and will try direct you.

Found it thanks, v2.15 seems to work fine on my Firestick
    deleted95052327/02/2021 20:11

Free channels? All now TV content requires payment? Watched football on …Free channels? All now TV content requires payment? Watched football on the app earlier, so much more smoother than using cast on the Shield, flawless play back albeit my team lost.

On my Old box, I had the option to add apps (including Roku app), which tis doesnt. I also had BBC iplayer, Sky News etc on that. Maybe limited specifically to to Sony then.
    Onlydongles28/02/2021 10:42

On my Old box, I had the option to add apps (including Roku app), which …On my Old box, I had the option to add apps (including Roku app), which tis doesnt. I also had BBC iplayer, Sky News etc on that. Maybe limited specifically to to Sony then.

I believe your referring to the nowtv box, that was able to add apps on like iPlayer etc. This is just the now TV app
    NowTV is crap quality so what's the point?
    Anyone got a link so i can load into my nvidis shield tv ?
    Some jackass has removed it. Apparently a DCMA request. Which is stupid as you are not forging the account or downloading illegally, provided you are using your account, merely providing a service that is not taken care of.
's avatar
Top Merchants