Now TV potential 12 months cinema pass and 9 months entertainment pass £93.96 - Account specific.

Posted 22nd Nov
Bear with me here! For those of us who usually sign up to the year long half price movies and entertainment now tv black Friday deal, another used has posted they were informed via now tv livechat that there will be no 12 month deals this year. Some good deals flying around for 3 to 6 months on the sticks as listed on here (argo s deals), I decided to stock up on sticks before they sell out.

I was previously signed up to the black Friday deal last year, 12 months movies and entertainment half price so I cancelled both passes as they are set to renew at full price in a few days. I chose the option I can no longer afford it.

I was offered entertainment for £1.60 a month for the next three months, I said yes please! I was then also offered movies for £2.40 a month, again I said yes please. I realise these may not be offered to everyone, but if you were on last year's 12 month black Friday deal as I was, there's a good chance.

I've reserved 1 of the Argos sticks with a 6 month entertainment pass for £29.99, will collect tomorrow.

I've reserved 3 of the Argos sticks with 3 months cinema for £59.97, again will collect tomorrow.

I also have 2 of the free entertainment codes courtesy of the hukd'er recently posted which I will attempt to stack - if these fail I will still have 9 months of entertainment and 12 months of cinema for just £93.96.

Yes, it's a bit of a faff but want to make sure I don't miss out before all the Argos half price deals sell out.

There is also of course the opportunity to sell surplus sticks and remotes and power leads if you are so inclined and get a few pounds back.

I hope some others can benefit from the same deal, I think this is as good as it's going to get for me with Now TV this black Friday.
Community Updates

Groups

23 Comments
I’m in the same position, been keeping my eye out for the 12month passes but nothing seemed to appear. I’ve got a mountains worth of now tv boxes from previously stacking the codes! Don’t really want to go down that route as feel it’s a bit of waste (plastic environment all that) when they could just do a yr pass? Madness! I’m gonna hold out for next Friday to see if anything appears, If not I will be doing the same as you
Edited by: "mummymelly" 22nd Nov
Thanks for the heads up - I'm tempted by the movie offer but still hoping they'll at least do a 6 month for £30 or something like that. Compared to last year even that would be expensive. If memory serves a got a year's worth of movies for £50.
thanks op,my years movie pass was due to expire TOMORROW!!! GOT THE £2..40 DEAL FOR 3 MONTHS nothing on the entertainment passes/kids entertainment but they dont run out till dec and jan,i would have been charged £11.99 tomorrow had it not been for your post.
I have also checked with Sky and the £99 Now cinema and entertainment package is not available this year, so as mentioned in another Now TV post, get the 12 months cinema and entertainment packages from Argos for £11.66 p/m instead of £8.25 p/m which is only a £3.41 extra.
Edited by: "MINANTRA" 22nd Nov
MINANTRA22/11/2019 20:57

I have also checked with Sky and the £99 Now cinema and entertainment …I have also checked with Sky and the £99 Now cinema and entertainment package is not available this year, so as mentioned in another Now TV post, get the 12 months cinema and entertainment packages from Argos for £11.66 p/m instead of £8.25 p/m which is only a £3.41 extra.

They say that now, but I still wouldn't bet on there being no 12-month offer on Black Friday.
mummymelly22/11/2019 20:26

I’m in the same position, been keeping my eye out for the 12month passes b …I’m in the same position, been keeping my eye out for the 12month passes but nothing seemed to appear. I’ve got a mountains worth of now tv boxes from previously stacking the codes! Don’t really want to go down that route as feel it’s a bit of waste (plastic environment all that) when they could just do a yr pass? Madness! I’m gonna hold out for next Friday to see if anything appears, If not I will be doing the same as you

It's crazy. As I've posted elsewhere, you get better deals with the hardware. So you end up with loads of sticks and boxes you'll never use got access to a digital service that should just need passes.

The hardware must cost a fair bit to make so where is the logic or sales margin in offering better deals with crap you don't need and will never use.

And all this at a time when we're all trying to be super eco-friendly!
mummymelly22/11/2019 20:26

I’m in the same position, been keeping my eye out for the 12month passes b …I’m in the same position, been keeping my eye out for the 12month passes but nothing seemed to appear. I’ve got a mountains worth of now tv boxes from previously stacking the codes! Don’t really want to go down that route as feel it’s a bit of waste (plastic environment all that) when they could just do a yr pass? Madness! I’m gonna hold out for next Friday to see if anything appears, If not I will be doing the same as you

Wialli23/11/2019 01:09

It's crazy. As I've posted elsewhere, you get better deals with the …It's crazy. As I've posted elsewhere, you get better deals with the hardware. So you end up with loads of sticks and boxes you'll never use got access to a digital service that should just need passes. The hardware must cost a fair bit to make so where is the logic or sales margin in offering better deals with crap you don't need and will never use. And all this at a time when we're all trying to be super eco-friendly!

Donate them to a charity or give to neighbours and friends.
Pokora23/11/2019 01:31

Who also can't afford or justify the standalone pass costs.

I guess they make good ornaments.
Wialli23/11/2019 01:41

Who also can't afford or justify the standalone pass costs. I guess they …Who also can't afford or justify the standalone pass costs. I guess they make good ornaments.

You can always used to make smart any tv, is not exclusive for nowtv use. I used in the bedroom with a small old tv for netflix or youtube.
Pokora23/11/2019 01:31

I have done! Still got one attached to all the TVs lol! 3 kids use them to hook up yo you tube etc. I’m not that selfish to not donate or give them away
I'm going to be going back to being the local now tv hardware pimp again!
They will lose out on loads of cash if they don’t offer the 12 month deals. I understand they might not do it as cheap but I think they would be mad not to do some kind of offer.

I can live without it all but if the offer is there for 12 months then it’ll probably get me back in.
dealpickle22/11/2019 21:02

They say that now, but I still wouldn't bet on there being no 12-month …They say that now, but I still wouldn't bet on there being no 12-month offer on Black Friday.

Hi all just wanted to confirm finally had my chat transcript through from NOWTV, not sure why it took so long, this was their response when I asked why they weren't doing any 12 month deals, I'll let you make up your own minds:

( 40m 5s ) Vaibhavi: Whenever we review our pricing, we work hard to make sure that we are offering customers the best value for their money. Our Black Friday promotions offer further discounts across a range of our Passes so that more customers can experience and enjoy the flexibility and range of content that NOW TV has to offer.

This year we don't have 12 months deal, As we continue to invest in more and more amazing content across all our Passes, we wanted to give customers the opportunity to experience as much of it as possible.

Unfortunately, we’re not able to do this with long term offers. But, with these short term deals, customers are able to take on multiple NOW TV Passes at a lower cost meaning they can watch a wider range of great content. All at a great price.

In regards to the deal mentioned by @eeyoreworld please see my deal below:
hotukdeals.com/dea…329
Edited by: "AMasters007" 24th Nov
AMasters00724/11/2019 14:53

Hi all just wanted to confirm finally had my chat transcript through from …Hi all just wanted to confirm finally had my chat transcript through from NOWTV, not sure why it took so long, this was their response when I asked why they weren't doing any 12 month deals, I'll let you make up your own minds:( 40m 5s ) Vaibhavi: Whenever we review our pricing, we work hard to make sure that we are offering customers the best value for their money. Our Black Friday promotions offer further discounts across a range of our Passes so that more customers can experience and enjoy the flexibility and range of content that NOW TV has to offer.This year we don't have 12 months deal, As we continue to invest in more and more amazing content across all our Passes, we wanted to give customers the opportunity to experience as much of it as possible. Unfortunately, we’re not able to do this with long term offers. But, with these short term deals, customers are able to take on multiple NOW TV Passes at a lower cost meaning they can watch a wider range of great content. All at a great price.In regards to the deal mentioned by @eeyoreworld please see my deal below:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/unlimited-free-nowtv-1-month-entertainment-passes-must-be-redeemed-by-31st-december-2019-think-it-requires-gmail-for-trick-3322329

Wow - obviously a copy and paste load of corporate (insert swear word). Real shame for NowTV."
AMasters00724/11/2019 14:53

Hi all just wanted to confirm finally had my chat transcript through from …Hi all just wanted to confirm finally had my chat transcript through from NOWTV, not sure why it took so long, this was their response when I asked why they weren't doing any 12 month deals, I'll let you make up your own minds:( 40m 5s ) Vaibhavi: Whenever we review our pricing, we work hard to make sure that we are offering customers the best value for their money. Our Black Friday promotions offer further discounts across a range of our Passes so that more customers can experience and enjoy the flexibility and range of content that NOW TV has to offer.This year we don't have 12 months deal, As we continue to invest in more and more amazing content across all our Passes, we wanted to give customers the opportunity to experience as much of it as possible. Unfortunately, we’re not able to do this with long term offers. But, with these short term deals, customers are able to take on multiple NOW TV Passes at a lower cost meaning they can watch a wider range of great content. All at a great price.In regards to the deal mentioned by @eeyoreworld please see my deal below:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/unlimited-free-nowtv-1-month-entertainment-passes-must-be-redeemed-by-31st-december-2019-think-it-requires-gmail-for-trick-3322329

I still don't believe them.
dealpickle25/11/2019 02:37

I still don't believe them.

Well okay I mean I've heard it from 3 different reps but up to you, from a business profit point of view does it make more sense to sell a product half price for a year or half price for a month or 2 then whack it back up to full price and catch people out with the auto subscription?
AMasters00725/11/2019 16:21

Well okay I mean I've heard it from 3 different reps but up to you, from a …Well okay I mean I've heard it from 3 different reps but up to you, from a business profit point of view does it make more sense to sell a product half price for a year or half price for a month or 2 then whack it back up to full price and catch people out with the auto subscription?

I'll be the first to hold my hands up if i'm wrong, don't worry!
dealpickle25/11/2019 20:48

I'll be the first to hold my hands up if i'm wrong, don't worry!

Quick update I stand corrected, despite the fact 3 reps and a manager confirmed that there would be no 12 month deals this year for new or existing customers (one of them actually said they wouldn't be doing them ever again) would you believe it they are now doing 12 month deals. Credit to @xp3200 for posting the deal: hotukdeals.com/dea…402

Annoyingly I now have several sticks that I might potentially return but that's life, a small part of me would like to believe that they bought the deal back as a result of so many people asking where the 12 month deals are/complaining about it, so on the off chance it was go peer pressure!
AMasters00728/11/2019 16:54

Quick update I stand corrected, despite the fact 3 reps and a manager …Quick update I stand corrected, despite the fact 3 reps and a manager confirmed that there would be no 12 month deals this year for new or existing customers (one of them actually said they wouldn't be doing them ever again) would you believe it they are now doing 12 month deals. Credit to @xp3200 for posting the deal: hotukdeals.com/dea…402Annoyingly I now have several sticks that I might potentially return but that's life, a small part of me would like to believe that they bought the deal back as a result of so many people asking where the 12 month deals are/complaining about it, so on the off chance it was go peer pressure!

I'm in the same boat wondering whether to return the sticks however, historically, after each voucher / prepaid stick applied, I've been offered a retention deal for 3 months cheap as chips so I figured... Stick to the 3 month retention deal for cinema and entertainment now, then add one 3 month movie stick pass and one six month entertainment pass end of February. Cancel cinema pass end of may in last week, saying it's too expensive... Hopefully get three month cheap as chips offer day yes. Apply new movie 3 month stick in late august and cancel entertainment... Hopefully get three month cheap as chips entertainment offer... Repeat until black Friday 2020... Sell surplus sticks. Hopefully that way I'll get 12 months much cheaper than the £99 by deal.
eeyoreworld28/11/2019 17:30

I'm in the same boat wondering whether to return the sticks however, …I'm in the same boat wondering whether to return the sticks however, historically, after each voucher / prepaid stick applied, I've been offered a retention deal for 3 months cheap as chips so I figured... Stick to the 3 month retention deal for cinema and entertainment now, then add one 3 month movie stick pass and one six month entertainment pass end of February. Cancel cinema pass end of may in last week, saying it's too expensive... Hopefully get three month cheap as chips offer day yes. Apply new movie 3 month stick in late august and cancel entertainment... Hopefully get three month cheap as chips entertainment offer... Repeat until black Friday 2020... Sell surplus sticks. Hopefully that way I'll get 12 months much cheaper than the £99 by deal.

I was doing the maths as I've still got a few months free Entertainment anyway (so not sure I'd even be eligible for 12 month offer, unless I create another new account which is a faff) and I pretty much came to the same conclusion tbh. I've been offered the same retention deals before so don't see why I wouldn't get the same, or similar again, all in as long as I get the best retention offers I have before I should be able to get just over a year of Movies/Entertainment for £98.77, if my maths is correct anyway, so actually slightly better than the BF deal and I get a few free sticks thrown in too so actually I'm pretty happy
AMasters00728/11/2019 16:54

Quick update I stand corrected, despite the fact 3 reps and a manager …Quick update I stand corrected, despite the fact 3 reps and a manager confirmed that there would be no 12 month deals this year for new or existing customers (one of them actually said they wouldn't be doing them ever again) would you believe it they are now doing 12 month deals. Credit to @xp3200 for posting the deal: hotukdeals.com/dea…402Annoyingly I now have several sticks that I might potentially return but that's life, a small part of me would like to believe that they bought the deal back as a result of so many people asking where the 12 month deals are/complaining about it, so on the off chance it was go peer pressure!

Don't worry, I won't hold it against you! I'd seen the offer appear and was just about to point it out to you, whilst trying not to gloat too much! Never trust what companies tell you about future offers, they're often under orders to lie so as not to tip off the competition.
dealpickle22/11/2019 21:02

They say that now, but I still wouldn't bet on there being no 12-month …They say that now, but I still wouldn't bet on there being no 12-month offer on Black Friday.

You were right ...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions