Expired

NOW TV PRICE RISES ROBBING PEOPLE!

Found 8th Feb
moneysavingexpert.com/new…-up

Now TV has bumped up the price of its daily and weekly sport passes – but you may still be able to find them at discounted rates.

The streaming service, which is part of Sky, has today increased the cost of its Sky Sports Day Pass from £6.99 to £7.99, and its Week Pass from £10.99 to £12.99. The Month Pass has escaped the price jump and remains at £33.99 a month – but unlike the daily and weekly pass this is a rolling monthly contract.

The sport passes give you access to all 10 Sky Sports channels.

If you bought a daily or weekly sports pass prior to the price increase but have yet to use it, you won't be charged extra when you do.

With Now TV, you pay for Sky content such as entertainment, films and sport to watch live or on demand without having a long-term subscription, as you instead buy a short-term pass or go for a rolling one-month contract
Community Updates
Top comments
kpearsoncj3 m ago

I WOULD RATHER FOOTBALLERS WERENT PAID 500K A WEEK AND THEN SKY WOULDNT …I WOULD RATHER FOOTBALLERS WERENT PAID 500K A WEEK AND THEN SKY WOULDNT HAVE TO PAY BILLIONS FOR IT IT SHOULD ALL BE A FAIR PRICE AND WAGES CONTROLLED THE ONLY REASON FOOTBALL CLUBS MAKE MONEY NOW IS COS OF SKY ITS STUPID

I must say you are taking criticism of your postition remarkably well.
splatsplatsplat5 m ago

Player wages are a cost. If the cost of that expense was cheaper the clubs …Player wages are a cost. If the cost of that expense was cheaper the clubs could either a) make more profit b) charge less to let people watch it. Do you really believe someone kicking a ball around a field should be paid more per week than an American President per year? "Since 2001, the president has earned a $400,000 annual salary, along with a$50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and$19,000 for entertainment. ""Carlos Tevez £31.98million / 615k per week"

Not a very good comparison, any idiot can be president clearly.
38 Comments
yes a price increase
robbing people ? hardly
Sky lost approximately 14% of it's football viewing audience last year. So it's no surprise to see prices rising on more flexible options circa 14% to compensate.
Headline doesn't really match the story.
Original Poster
mattmerch4 m ago

yes a price increase robbing people ? hardly

i disagree the prices they charge are already overpriced and they are a rip off if u get an old sky box u get get money off your account but any new items are pricing people our of enjoying what should be free really
kpearsoncj3 m ago

i disagree the prices they charge are already overpriced and they are a …i disagree the prices they charge are already overpriced and they are a rip off if u get an old sky box u get get money off your account but any new items are pricing people our of enjoying what should be free really

Why should it be free?
Banned
kpearsoncj4 m ago

i disagree the prices they charge are already overpriced and they are a …i disagree the prices they charge are already overpriced and they are a rip off if u get an old sky box u get get money off your account but any new items are pricing people our of enjoying what should be free really

HA HA HA

Then don't buy it my little cupcake!
Original Poster
RossD8911 m ago

Why should it be free?

football should be free to watch on tv - why should we pay £30 a month so footballers get paid 500,000 a week! any one who thinks otherwise is free to it just makes no sense.
kpearsoncj7 m ago

football should be free to watch on tv

Why should it? Sky pays the Premier league billions to air their football and BT pay hundreds of millions. They also pay UEFA and the Football League quite a bit to show their football. The clubs involved are the product and get a cut of the monies paid. football is an entertainment business, not a charity performance. Why should clubs miss out on revenue just because you don't pay at the gates to watch them play and instead watch them on TV?
Edited by: "RossD89" 8th Feb
kpearsoncj22 m ago

So don't watch? Get a hobby you can afford?
Original Poster
RossD891 m ago

Why should it? Sky pays the Premier league billions to air their football …Why should it? Sky pays the Premier league billions to air their football and BT pay hundreds of millions. They also pay UEFA and the Football League quite a bit to show their football. The clubs involved are the product and get a cut of the monies paid. football is an entertainment business, not a charity performance. Why should clubs miss out on revenue just because you don't pay at the gates to watch them play?

YOU DONT GET WHAT IM SAYING THE MONEY JUST GOES TO THE PLAYERS. U ASK ANY REAL FOOTBALL FAN DO THEY WANT TO PAY LOTS OF MONEY TO THE PLAYERS OR WOULD YOU RATHER PAY A REASONABLE AMOUNT
kpearsoncj1 m ago

YOU DONT GET WHAT IM SAYING THE MONEY JUST GOES TO THE PLAYERS. U ASK ANY …YOU DONT GET WHAT IM SAYING THE MONEY JUST GOES TO THE PLAYERS. U ASK ANY REAL FOOTBALL FAN DO THEY WANT TO PAY LOTS OF MONEY TO THE PLAYERS OR WOULD YOU RATHER PAY A REASONABLE AMOUNT

So you would rather the money go to the executives of the clubs, rather than the people playing the football?
Edited by: "RossD89" 8th Feb
Original Poster
I WOULD RATHER FOOTBALLERS WERENT PAID 500K A WEEK AND THEN SKY WOULDNT HAVE TO PAY BILLIONS FOR IT IT SHOULD ALL BE A FAIR PRICE AND WAGES CONTROLLED THE ONLY REASON FOOTBALL CLUBS MAKE MONEY NOW IS COS OF SKY ITS STUPID
Beer should be free, happy to pay through the nose for everything else.
kpearsoncj3 m ago

I WOULD RATHER FOOTBALLERS WERENT PAID 500K A WEEK AND THEN SKY WOULDNT …I WOULD RATHER FOOTBALLERS WERENT PAID 500K A WEEK AND THEN SKY WOULDNT HAVE TO PAY BILLIONS FOR IT IT SHOULD ALL BE A FAIR PRICE AND WAGES CONTROLLED THE ONLY REASON FOOTBALL CLUBS MAKE MONEY NOW IS COS OF SKY ITS STUPID

kpearsoncj8 m ago

Football makes money because it is, by all metrics, the most popular sport on the planet and as such can charge quite a bit of money to allow people to watch it - especially at elite level. How would controlling player wages prevent this?
Graham197937 m ago

HA HA HAThen don't buy it my little cupcake!

Have to admit, hundreds of channels, almost all total crap (imho), can't understand why anyone would pay for it.

If I had my way there'd be no need for a telly in this house, but the wife watches it, so that's that.

P.S. still think the only things worth watching; i.e. MOTD, Blue planet etc are on BBC - can shove the rest of it as far as I'm concerned.
Edited by: "tryn2help" 8th Feb
tryn2help8 m ago

Have to admit, hundreds of channels, almost all total crap (imho), can't …Have to admit, hundreds of channels, almost all total crap (imho), can't understand why anyone would pay for it.If I had my way there'd be no need for a telly in this house, but the wife watches it, so that's that.P.S. still think the only things worth watching; i.e. MOTD, Blue planet etc are on BBC - can shove the rest of it as far as I'm concerned.

You should put your foot down
tryn2help17 m ago

Have to admit, hundreds of channels, almost all total crap (imho), can't …Have to admit, hundreds of channels, almost all total crap (imho), can't understand why anyone would pay for it.If I had my way there'd be no need for a telly in this house, but the wife watches it, so that's that.P.S. still think the only things worth watching; i.e. MOTD, Blue planet etc are on BBC - can shove the rest of it as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agree, I don't watch TV and there is the odd programme that I miss but they are few & far between.

@ OP. I suggest you vote with your wallet or moan somewhere where your comments might make a difference (I say might but I really mean won't), perhaps the Now TV forum (shock!).

Or start a petition.
CoeK10 m ago

You should put your foot down

It keeps her happy-ish and far be it from me to disturb her happiness (I enjoy the peace).

I do like watching MOTD, the format of just showing the exciting parts of the game suits my interest levels, and sometimes there are some good documentaries on telly, but all that Sky/Now/PPV stuff - it looks like utter crap (just my opinion).
I find the internet far more entertaining.
kpearsoncj49 m ago

YOU DONT GET WHAT IM SAYING THE MONEY JUST GOES TO THE PLAYERS. U ASK ANY …YOU DONT GET WHAT IM SAYING THE MONEY JUST GOES TO THE PLAYERS. U ASK ANY REAL FOOTBALL FAN DO THEY WANT TO PAY LOTS OF MONEY TO THE PLAYERS OR WOULD YOU RATHER PAY A REASONABLE AMOUNT

Karm down dear
OldEnglish44 m ago

Beer should be free, happy to pay through the nose for everything else.

Free women would be nice, no?
CoeK43 m ago

33224217-JOXaY.jpg
I'm more concerned about the way they rotate south park seasons tbh. Who wants to pay for three ancient seasons?

Still, it was free. Hasn't inspired me to wasn't to buy a pass in the future though.
MSK.2 m ago

I'm more concerned about the way they rotate south park seasons tbh. Who …I'm more concerned about the way they rotate south park seasons tbh. Who wants to pay for three ancient seasons?Still, it was free. Hasn't inspired me to wasn't to buy a pass in the future though.

Please don't say...
deeky3 m ago

Please don't say...

Don't say what?
MSK.1 m ago

Don't say what?

You like.... South Park

See my comment in Waitrose thread.
kpearsoncj1 h, 26 m ago

PRICELESS thanks for that
RossD891 h, 19 m ago

Football makes money because it is, by all metrics, the most popular sport …Football makes money because it is, by all metrics, the most popular sport on the planet and as such can charge quite a bit of money to allow people to watch it - especially at elite level. How would controlling player wages prevent this?

Player wages are a cost. If the cost of that expense was cheaper the clubs could either a) make more profit b) charge less to let people watch it.

Do you really believe someone kicking a ball around a field should be paid more per week than an American President per year?

"Since 2001, the president has earned a $400,000 annual salary, along with a$50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and$19,000 for entertainment. "
"Carlos Tevez £31.98million / 615k per week"
splatsplatsplat5 m ago

Player wages are a cost. If the cost of that expense was cheaper the clubs …Player wages are a cost. If the cost of that expense was cheaper the clubs could either a) make more profit b) charge less to let people watch it. Do you really believe someone kicking a ball around a field should be paid more per week than an American President per year? "Since 2001, the president has earned a $400,000 annual salary, along with a$50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and$19,000 for entertainment. ""Carlos Tevez £31.98million / 615k per week"

Not a very good comparison, any idiot can be president clearly.
splatsplatsplat8th Feb

Do you really think that as a business any football club would elect to earn less money? The only chance of that happening is if interest in football dwindles and they need to attract more people to watch.

It doesn't really matter whether I think footballers are overpaid, or what others in society are paid in relation to them. It's false equivalency. Footballers make their employers hundreds of millions and they are rewarded for that with high wages.
splatsplatsplat17 m ago

Tell you what, let's stop paying people their market value and pay them what they "should" be paid, which is of course highly subjective so we need one person to decide everyone's wage for consistency. I propose we clone Stalin.
Edited by: "Rubisco" 8th Feb
With the Stalin again? Come on, If we are re-animating visionaries here. I'll dig up Roddenberry thanks.
RossD898 h, 8 m ago

Footballers make their employers hundreds of millions and they are …Footballers make their employers hundreds of millions and they are rewarded for that with high wages.

Most clubs struggle to break even as the Premier league clubs are more like trophy wives for the very rich and not run on normal business terms. If they were there's no way their wages bill would be such a large proportion of turnover.
At least with the movie and music business they try to make money but they don't seem to care with football.
It's a very odd business and has become a very odd game.
I watched the last 5 minutes of the Irish rugby game by chance on the weekend having not watched rugby for years.
When the game ended what came to mind was how normal the players seemed, apart from their bulk.
By contrast these days so many footballers are plain cheats and prima donnas, which I already knew and it annoys me but it took seeing the rugby men to put the soccer boys into perspective.
Edited by: "Agharta" 8th Feb
MSK.8 h, 49 m ago

Don't say what?

Who killed Kenny!

No spoilers please.
RossD896 m ago

Does that mean that the owners of these clubs don't earn any money?

It varies a lot and some certainly do.
For some it's a bit like buying a high maintenance 70s Ferrari with very high running costs but they can get lucky if the value has appreciated significantly whilst they owned it.
Some like Man United were bought as an investment when prices were much lower and they have taken a lot of profit from the club.
A lot of it is big egos seemingly and people in it for the craic.
Andy@XCite2 h, 4 m ago

Who killed Kenny!No spoilers please.

I still want to know who killed JR?
I still have the mug and feel a mug for not knowing.
Agharta2 m ago

I still want to know who killed JR?I still have the mug and feel a mug for …I still want to know who killed JR?I still have the mug and feel a mug for not knowing.

* Spoiler *

I think it was Kristen
Why pay Sky at all, have you people not heard of IPTV! My TV is complete with all movie and sports channels and costs me £20 / year. I run it on a firestick but it's probably better on an android box like the octa core Beelink GT1 Ultimate around (£50). You can continue to be robbed by Sky or be a bit more proactive......its your choice. Info on loads of forums like Tech Kings
Edited by: "con1972" 12th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants