Expired

Now TV & Sky Go - is this possible without a media server?

Found 27th Dec 2013
Hi, I got a NowTV box for xmas and I'm hoping to be able to use it to watch my paid for sky channels in another room without having to subscribe to multiroom and have another box installed. I udnerstand that you can sideload Plex on to the Now TV box but from what i have read this only seems to create an interface which allows you to connect your Now TV to a media server running Plex, which you would install Sky Go on to? Is this right? As I don't have a media server / want to leave the laptop turned on all the time either is there any other way of getting sky go working on Now TV? Is there any beenefit at all in installing plex without having a media server or is it just a waste of time.

Sorry if the above is completely wrong - new to this and have tried googling etc.
Community Updates
AskServerSkyNow TV
4 Comments
As far as I am aware, there is no Sky Go plug in for Plex MS
Thanks, so is Plex any use at all without a Plex MS?
Not really no. Plex is the funky front end that needs the PMS to work properly.
There IS a Sky Go plugin for Plex. It did work until about 3 months ago. Looks like there's no further support and development happening now though. You must have PMS installed on your PC and the Roku Plex app side loaded onto your Now box for anything to work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants