Now TV. Worth looking into? And Broadband recommendations?

We are looking at getting rid of our Sky package. Very expensive, budget doesn't really fit and we don't use it to full potential. Contract is over so was looking at Now TV, in particular the smart box, so can stream certain channels and subscribe to the Entertainment package. Any one have any views on this? Is it worth looking at?

Also, looking at new broadband. Any recommendations there on the best providers?

Thanks in advance.

10 Comments

I would get one of them. Also invest in a Amazon Fire Stick and install Kodi. There are plenty of instructions on how to install it on the internet. Advantage with Now Tv boxes are that live tv is available. There may be some offers on for the box. Try Argos, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Amazon for the offers

batezy_1984

I would get one of them. Also invest in a Amazon Fire Stick and install … I would get one of them. Also invest in a Amazon Fire Stick and install Kodi. There are plenty of instructions on how to install it on the internet. Advantage with Now Tv boxes are that live tv is available. There may be some offers on for the box. Try Argos, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Amazon for the offers

And of course this website !

Original Poster

Excellent. Many thanks for that.

Now TV with Virgin Media Vivid 100 Broadband only.

Don't forget to add the TV Player app also onto your FireStick.

I don't think i would be satisfied with Now TV on it's own but i'm happy enough with it alongside Amazon and Netflix.

Original Poster

Well, we have an Amazon box, mainly got that because of the Prime delivery and the TV is a bonus. could soon get Netflix too but be happy to have my monthly bill slashed.

TH5

Well, we have an Amazon box, mainly got that because of the Prime … Well, we have an Amazon box, mainly got that because of the Prime delivery and the TV is a bonus. could soon get Netflix too but be happy to have my monthly bill slashed.

how much do you pay? I'm currently paying £31 for fibre 40mb and sky q boxsets. So you could get something like that maybe? If you can get virgin their internet is the best and I will be going back to them when my sky contract ends.

I cancelled sky and we bought a now tv box. Since then I upgraded to the roku 2 so I can get Netflix on the same box.
Got all catch up stuff on and other apps. Don't miss sky one bit!

One major downside is you cannot record programmes.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)46
    2. seller asked for IMEI87
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1925
    4. Advertised on Gumtree33

See more discussions