Expired

nowtv

Found 13th Oct 2017
I have given up on sky, can anyone tell me the best nowtv box to buy with the cinema package please. How easy is it to set up?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Have a look at the NOWTV webiste it's all there. For offers look on Hotukdeals.
Original Poster
OBH6UK3 m ago

Have a look at the NOWTV webiste it's all there. For offers look on …Have a look at the NOWTV webiste it's all there. For offers look on Hotukdeals.

Thanks not
Simple difference between the two box's is one lets you receive freeview channels and rewind/pause those channels, the cheaper box doesn't have that functionality. Although for the Smart Box you will need to have access to a TV aerial and what freeview channels depends on your aerial and what reception you get. Setup wise through screen prompts you follow setup instructions which are clear and easy to follow. Basically just WIFI code, NOWTV account setup, followed by channel search (if Smart box).
As for the offers each, check around HUKD.
A tip I've found from new account. When you buy a box with a pack you will get a card inside with a code for your x months. Do not apply this yet. Check to see what they offer you as a new account holder, sometimes you get deal also. The codes inside are good for quite a long time and you can then apply afterwards once from memory you are down to two months or less paidup. Once your codes run out. Press the cancel button and normally you get another offer. If no offers look again around HUKD for another box with offers which normally work out cheaper.
Also go through Quidco or your cashback retailer of choice and do your account setup before you get the box, normally get offers and cashback also. As an example Quidco is currently £8 for new customers subscribing to a package. So you would get a 14 day trial, then £8 for one month pass, £8 Quidco making that free, then apply your pass you got free with the box.

32244913-0RW9L.jpg
Edited: Only rewind/Pause not record. TY Van1973.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 13th Oct 2017
cecilmcroberts12 m ago

Simple difference between the two box's is one lets you receive freeview …Simple difference between the two box's is one lets you receive freeview channels and record/pause those channels, the cheaper box doesn't have that functionality. Although for the Smart Box you will need to have access to a TV aerial and what freeview channels depends on your aerial and what reception you get. Setup wise through screen prompts you follow setup instructions which are clear and easy to follow. Basically just WIFI code, NOWTV account setup, followed by channel search (if Smart box). As for the offers each, check around HUKD.A tip I've found from new account. When you buy a box with a pack you will get a card inside with a code for your x months. Do not apply this yet. Check to see what they offer you as a new account holder, sometimes you get deal also. The codes inside are good for quite a long time and you can then apply afterwards once from memory you are down to two months or less paidup. Once your codes run out. Press the cancel button and normally you get another offer. If no offers look again around HUKD for another box with offers which normally work out cheaper. Also go through Quidco or your cashback retailer of choice and do your account setup before you get the box, normally get offers and cashback also. As an example Quidco is currently £8 for new customers subscribing to a package. So you would get a 14 day trial, then £8 for one month pass, £8 Quidco making that free, then apply your pass you got free with the box. [Image]

I don't think the smart box allows you to record freeview channels - just pause (and perhaps rewind?).
Van19733 m ago

I don't think the smart box allows you to record freeview channels - just …I don't think the smart box allows you to record freeview channels - just pause (and perhaps rewind?).

Sugar, sorry only pause and rewind. Does it link though to catchup from memory instead. Been a while as I switched to Youview.
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts28 m ago

Simple difference between the two box's is one lets you receive freeview …Simple difference between the two box's is one lets you receive freeview channels and rewind/pause those channels, the cheaper box doesn't have that functionality. Although for the Smart Box you will need to have access to a TV aerial and what freeview channels depends on your aerial and what reception you get. Setup wise through screen prompts you follow setup instructions which are clear and easy to follow. Basically just WIFI code, NOWTV account setup, followed by channel search (if Smart box). As for the offers each, check around HUKD.A tip I've found from new account. When you buy a box with a pack you will get a card inside with a code for your x months. Do not apply this yet. Check to see what they offer you as a new account holder, sometimes you get deal also. The codes inside are good for quite a long time and you can then apply afterwards once from memory you are down to two months or less paidup. Once your codes run out. Press the cancel button and normally you get another offer. If no offers look again around HUKD for another box with offers which normally work out cheaper. Also go through Quidco or your cashback retailer of choice and do your account setup before you get the box, normally get offers and cashback also. As an example Quidco is currently £8 for new customers subscribing to a package. So you would get a 14 day trial, then £8 for one month pass, £8 Quidco making that free, then apply your pass you got free with the box. [Image] Edited: Only rewind/Pause not record. TY Van1973.

Perfect that's what I needed, Got the new Smart box with 2 months movies, Thanks
yve6713 m ago

Perfect that's what I needed, Got the new Smart box with 2 months movies, …Perfect that's what I needed, Got the new Smart box with 2 months movies, Thanks

Sorry, one more thing. Your TV aerial needs to be a male end going into the box. Remember I had to buy a convertor/coupler for mine.

Male End.
32245149-a64D5.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 13th Oct 2017
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts6 m ago

Sorry, one more thing. Your TV aerial needs to be a male end going into …Sorry, one more thing. Your TV aerial needs to be a male end going into the box. Remember I had to buy a convertor/coupler for mine.Male End. [Image]

I already have all that thanks for the heads up though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions