NOWTV - can someone shed some light please?

Found 29th Oct 2017
Having purchased the Argos deal with a 2 month cinema pass, and I have
never been a customer before, would it be better to sign up for a free
trial first, then cancel , then apply the pass? AND, would this work
okay without a hitch? I guess this would therefore take me beyond
Christmas if done now. Also, being a nPower customer, I've got a free
week pass for sports, same, scenario? Thanks guys.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Tbh now tv is garbage. Its also a bit of a nitemare to get rid of once you realise its garbage but that mite just be my poor tech skills
I’ve been using nowtv since the early days
Then later apply the voucher
You should get the voucher then applied from the end of the trial date (that’s how they used to do it)
The sports pass from n power can be added to the account but you can choose when to use it
If you like having Netflix, prime and now tv in the future then probably better to buy a Roku box as you can have it all on one device plus plex and loads of other stuff too
cmdr_elito20 m ago

The sports pass from n power can be added to the account but you can …The sports pass from n power can be added to the account but you can choose when to use it

Thank you very much for the replies cmdr_elito, seems clear now.
Also worth noting that you can normally only apply one voucher at a time
So if you have 2 cinema vouchers you can only add one then wait till it expires then add the other
You can though apply the sports and the cinema one at the same time as they are for two different products. Products are cinema pass, entertainment pass, kids pass, sports pass
123batman32135 m ago

Tbh now tv is garbage. Its also a bit of a nitemare to get rid of once you …Tbh now tv is garbage. Its also a bit of a nitemare to get rid of once you realise its garbage but that mite just be my poor tech skills

Cheers 123batman321 (like the username!), I did see some issues in other posts, but just needed a cheap and cheerful way of seeing some movies, not yet on terrestrial, up to the New Year as I can not justify Sky/BT costs, so I am giving it a spin. Keeping my fingers crossed I can cancel okay!
Edited by: "herbertsimpson" 29th Oct 2017
cmdr_elito1 m ago

You can though apply the sports and the cinema one at the same time as …You can though apply the sports and the cinema one at the same time as they are for two different products. Products are cinema pass, entertainment pass, kids pass, sports pass

Cheers again, you really know your stuff and what you have said is great info for me.
You can also buy the vouchers for passes online from eBay, these work out about half the price (beware of dodgy sellers though).
Also worth noting if you use quidco normally the rates paid out give you a month free also. Key always being as others have noted, apply your free passes afterwards. You can apply a pass once you have 30 days or less available on your current. Once you all done normally when you click cancel they give you an offer which you can way up against current pricing offers of a new box with the passes etc.
Never had problems with now tv. We share the box between family. Best to buy vouchers and wen adding. Make sure you confirm it and it will show yr end date. Don’t forget to cancel
herbertsimpson4 h, 0 m ago

Cheers 123batman321 (like the username!), I did see some issues in other …Cheers 123batman321 (like the username!), I did see some issues in other posts, but just needed a cheap and cheerful way of seeing some movies, not yet on terrestrial, up to the New Year as I can not justify Sky/BT costs, so I am giving it a spin. Keeping my fingers crossed I can cancel okay!

Hopefully it will be what you need then. I just found it costly and the box very ring fenced. Just opinion tho others probably find it suits their needs
123batman32111 h, 38 m ago

Tbh now tv is garbage. Its also a bit of a nitemare to get rid of once you …Tbh now tv is garbage. Its also a bit of a nitemare to get rid of once you realise its garbage but that mite just be my poor tech skills

It's definitely not hard to cancel, a few clicks and you are done.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants