Nowtv help

Found 17th May
Looking for anyone me to shed some light. Im new to now TV and would like to know how it works as seriously considering the offer for the entertainment pack at £45 for the year as that's only £3.75/month.

I currently have Netflix and only watch things on demand/catch up I don't watch any live TV as have issues with the Ariel connecting to TV and can't get reception.
Netflix is great but I feel like I've exhausted everything on the lol.
I had Amazon prime but was a bit miffed it also showed content you have to pay extra for, I like the ui of Netflix where it just shows you what you can watch - what is the not tv interface like?
I notice it says access to box sets and X "live channels" would I be unable to access these live channels bc I'm not connected via Ariel?
I believe in order to watch now TV I'd need to get a box or stick or something? Which would be an added cost I'd be looking for the cheapest lol which I think would be the stick, is it as simple as plug and play of the Amazon fire stick? Is there a stick I could use that would have both the Netflix and the nowtv app?

Would be grateful if anyone could halp with the above. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
You could look for a roku express steaming stick, this has both now tv the and Netflix apps. I have a different roku stick and it's very good
Also re the live channels, I think it's some of the sky channels and no you don't need an aerial for this.
with a NowTv Box you can watch Live TV for Free via the Internet (No TV Aerial required) of BBC1 and 2, BBC SportNews, Parliment, Alba, S4C, CBeesbies, Top Class, Sky News, ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITVBe, CITV,

In addition for Free you can also watch Catch Up and On Demand like BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and a lot of Box Sets

There are some limited Apps you can Install for Free like, YouTube, Spotify, STV, UK TV Play, to name a few.

If you then pay on the NowTV App you can watch per Bundle, Sky Cinema, Entertainment, Sky Sport and the Kids Channels

If you are Interested in the Entertainment Bundle you can watch Live TV of, Sky One, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, Gold, Comedy Channel, SYSY, Sky Arts, Fox, Discovery, MTV and Wild, as wel as Catch Up and a load of Box Sets.

The Cheapest way to get a NowTV is a Black Box around £15 for the Box or around £18 for the Stick (Shop around) and they normally come Bundled with a few Months Entertainment or Sky Cinema (Movies) your need to set Up an Sky Account to set the Box Up but you dont need to Subscribe to anything and you could get your first month or 2 for free with the Box and Test out the Sky Channel side of things, but personally if you dont watch much TV theres plenty going on for Free either Live or Catch Up wise.
Edited by: "zirk" 17th May
Cancel your Netflix and get an android TV box £30+ (you'll save money over time). Get a 2nd gen Now TV box (black one) for £10 click, this comes with 2 months entertainment pass.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 17th May
If you have a console (PS4, Xbox One) then you can download the Now TV app and watch through there.

You should give Prime Video a try though - all content included has the Prime banner on it so you can differentiate between paid and 'free' content.
Android box or fire stick tv with a IPTV subscription is the way to go.
fergys11 h, 13 m ago

Android box or fire stick tv with a IPTV subscription is the way to go.

pay to pirate
I assume you currently dont have a bbc licence but you will if you get a now tv entertainment pack so that £45 per year isn't quite the good deal it appears to be.
chocci51 m ago

I assume you currently dont have a bbc licence but you will if you get a …I assume you currently dont have a bbc licence but you will if you get a now tv entertainment pack so that £45 per year isn't quite the good deal it appears to be.

Why do I need a BBC TV licence to watch now TV if I don't watch any bbc content?
little_green1 h, 23 m ago

Why do I need a BBC TV licence to watch now TV if I don't watch any bbc …Why do I need a BBC TV licence to watch now TV if I don't watch any bbc content?

Licence is to watch any live streams (e.g tv channels via now tv entertainment pack, any live channel on virgin, sky or freeview etc)

help.nowtv.com/art…-tv

basically, you need a licence to watch any of these now tv entertainment channels

33817919-veedA.jpg
Edited by: "chocci" 18th May
chocci1 h, 3 m ago

Licence is to watch any live streams (e.g tv channels via now tv …Licence is to watch any live streams (e.g tv channels via now tv entertainment pack, any live channel on virgin, sky or freeview etc)https://help.nowtv.com/article/do-i-need-a-tv-licence-to-watch-now-tvbasically, you need a licence to watch any of these now tv entertainment channels[Image]

What if I don't watch them live though what if only watch stuff on cathc up and the box sets?
little_green1 h, 34 m ago

What if I don't watch them live though what if only watch stuff on cathc …What if I don't watch them live though what if only watch stuff on cathc up and the box sets?

a bit of a waste of money paying £45 for the entertainment pack and only watching the box sets (whiich are pretty crap tbh as most are old)

I would take a trial for 14 days on your pc to see if its worth paying out before purchasing additional hardware. The only catchup service you need a licence for is bbc iplayer.
community.nowtv.com/t5/…rue
Edited by: "chocci" 18th May
chocci14 h, 11 m ago

a bit of a waste of money paying £45 for the entertainment pack and only …a bit of a waste of money paying £45 for the entertainment pack and only watching the box sets (whiich are pretty crap tbh as most are old)I would take a trial for 14 days on your pc to see if its worth paying out before purchasing additional hardware. The only catchup service you need a licence for is bbc iplayer.https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Entertainment-Available-Box-Sets/m-p/466582/highlight/true#M38605

''a bit of a waste of money paying £45 for the entertainment pack and only watching the box sets (whiich are pretty crap tbh as most are old)''

£45 for 12 months live TV and box sets is great value. All the current TV shows on Sky1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic are there on demand i.e The Blacklist, Billions, The Walking Dead, Silicon Valley etc etc. To go along with the old TV series i.e The Sopranos, House, Dexter, Ray Donovan etc etc.
RiverDragon82 h, 42 m ago

''a bit of a waste of money paying £45 for the entertainment pack and only …''a bit of a waste of money paying £45 for the entertainment pack and only watching the box sets (whiich are pretty crap tbh as most are old)''£45 for 12 months live TV and box sets is great value. All the current TV shows on Sky1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic are there on demand i.e The Blacklist, Billions, The Walking Dead, Silicon Valley etc etc. To go along with the old TV series i.e The Sopranos, House, Dexter, Ray Donovan etc etc.

OP doesn't currently have a TV licence but will need one to watch the live channels.
chocci18 h, 12 m ago

a bit of a waste of money paying £45 for the entertainment pack and only …a bit of a waste of money paying £45 for the entertainment pack and only watching the box sets (whiich are pretty crap tbh as most are old)I would take a trial for 14 days on your pc to see if its worth paying out before purchasing additional hardware. The only catchup service you need a licence for is bbc iplayer.https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Entertainment-Available-Box-Sets/m-p/466582/highlight/true#M38605

Why watch it live when you can watch it slightly later with no / less ads, with no need to pay for a license? Outside sports events I watch very little live TV nowadays - no need to let a TV schedule set my schedule, and everything I want to watch is available on catch up.
eayragt1 h, 8 m ago

Why watch it live when you can watch it slightly later with no / less ads, …Why watch it live when you can watch it slightly later with no / less ads, with no need to pay for a license? Outside sports events I watch very little live TV nowadays - no need to let a TV schedule set my schedule, and everything I want to watch is available on catch up.

Not all the live tv is available later on catchup

Personally, I prefer a freeview pvr. Always have too much tv to watch and no adverts ever
Right I've decided to get a Roku stick and I've purchased a nowtv pass off shpock and have a code to enter but how do I go about setting up a now TV account? When I go to their website it tells me I need to chose a pass first, naturally I don't want to buy a more expensive pass from their site, I just want to set up an account then find the part where I can input the code to active the pass I bought elsewhere
little_green20 m ago

Right I've decided to get a Roku stick and I've purchased a nowtv pass off …Right I've decided to get a Roku stick and I've purchased a nowtv pass off shpock and have a code to enter but how do I go about setting up a now TV account? When I go to their website it tells me I need to chose a pass first, naturally I don't want to buy a more expensive pass from their site, I just want to set up an account then find the part where I can input the code to active the pass I bought elsewhere

Choose the 14 day free trial of any pass, then add the code from Shpock (they should stack). If you don't want the free trial, just create a Sky ID on Sky's website then sign in on Now TV and link it.
jamie01512 m ago

Choose the 14 day free trial of any pass, then add the code from Shpock …Choose the 14 day free trial of any pass, then add the code from Shpock (they should stack). If you don't want the free trial, just create a Sky ID on Sky's website then sign in on Now TV and link it.

The code I have needs to be activated by 31/5 so if I take out the trial I don't think it'll work as I read that the vocuher won't apply until after the 14days

Will check out how to do the sky ID thing. How would I "link it" as you say? Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions