NowTV remote control app for android?

Found 3rd Jun 2015
Good evening, I have recently tried using the NowTV remote control. It's the worst thing since unsliced bread. I was wondering if someone had a solution to this, so I am looking for a remote control app from android appstore. Has someone downloaded a useful one, that has a onscreen keyboard that I can tap on? Rather than select letters. Thank you.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
8 Comments
Not sure of andriod but the iPhone app is very similar to the remote so a pain aswell.
The Roku app for Android should work fine.
I use this one play.google.com/sto…ils?id=com.remotefairy
It's not cheap though. But, it supports more than just TV's.
If your Smartphone (i.e. HTC) supports it, you can record other remote controls.

If you're rooted and have "Titanium Backup", you can save your settings using that.
If you don't you can back them up online, via the app and their servers.

There looks to be a free/trial version too play.google.com/sto…ry4
Original Poster
jakerightous

The Roku app for Android should work fine.

Thank you, unfortunately I can't seem to use the keyboard on the app.
Original Poster
gazEE

Not sure of andriod but the iPhone app is very similar to the remote so a … Not sure of andriod but the iPhone app is very similar to the remote so a pain aswell.

I know, why couldn't they just make a phone app with a keyboard.
Original Poster
Shatwell

I use this one … I use this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairyIt's not cheap though. But, it supports more than just TV's. If your Smartphone (i.e. HTC) supports it, you can record other remote controls.If you're rooted and have "Titanium Backup", you can save your settings using that.If you don't you can back them up online, via the app and their servers.There looks to be a free/trial version too https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairy4

Before I buy, does it let you type with the keyboard? Thank you.
Usmaniac

Thank you, unfortunately I can't seem to use the keyboard on the app.

Sorry but you are right. I clicked on the keyboard icon but when you type on Android it won't show on Now TV.
Original Poster
jakerightous

Sorry but you are right. I clicked on the keyboard icon but when you type … Sorry but you are right. I clicked on the keyboard icon but when you type on Android it won't show on Now TV.

Not to worry, thank you. Well I'm certainly faster at using this than the official remote control.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions