Groups

npower troubles...

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out, I have been trying to get my npower bill sorted out and it has been a series of frustrating events. We moved into a flat in a converted old building. First off our meter was read wrong (I think they were just sending us the bill for the whole building). Now it a technician finally made a visit the other day to take a reading so that they could even out their corrected estimates for the last two years.

They have found that we are high electricity users, using 34 to 40 units per day. I still don't trust that the reading is right or that the meters are properly separated, so I was just wondering if this makes sense (i don't have access to the meters, so can't take a nosey myself). In talking to others, no one else in this building seems to have paid electricity in the last 2 years at all!

There are two of us, two computers that are pretty much always on, the heating is also electric powered i think. The flat is fairly small, but has quite a few light bulbs. Does that daily amount make sense? No TV or anything. We are away quite a bit as well and usually turn off all lights and heating.

What do you think? Any help is appreciated!

4 Comments

It's the electric heating that takes the most. I've got a studio flat and my electric storage heaters take about 30kW a day. It's good they only do that at night, then each kW costs only 2p, and not 10p like during the day.

Original Poster

kemot1984

It's the electric heating that takes the most. I've got a studio flat and … It's the electric heating that takes the most. I've got a studio flat and my electric storage heaters take about 30kW a day. It's good they only do that at night, then each kW costs only 2p, and not 10p like during the day.

:thinking: Ahh okay, well that makes sense then I guess, ours is a studio flat as well but a fairly big one. Thanks for the help!

komrade

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out, I have been trying to … Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out, I have been trying to get my npower bill sorted out and it has been a series of frustrating events. We moved into a flat in a converted old building. First off our meter was read wrong (I think they were just sending us the bill for the whole building). Now it a technician finally made a visit the other day to take a reading so that they could even out their corrected estimates for the last two years. They have found that we are high electricity users, using 34 to 40 units per day. I still don't trust that the reading is right or that the meters are properly separated, so I was just wondering if this makes sense (i don't have access to the meters, so can't take a nosey myself). In talking to others, no one else in this building seems to have paid electricity in the last 2 years at all!There are two of us, two computers that are pretty much always on, the heating is also electric powered i think. The flat is fairly small, but has quite a few light bulbs. Does that daily amount make sense? No TV or anything. We are away quite a bit as well and usually turn off all lights and heating. What do you think? Any help is appreciated!

You are legalling entitled to have access to the meters. If Npower are stopping you with a lock etc, refuse to pay until they give you a key.

komrade

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out, I have been trying to … Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out, I have been trying to get my npower bill sorted out and it has been a series of frustrating events. We moved into a flat in a converted old building. First off our meter was read wrong (I think they were just sending us the bill for the whole building). Now it a technician finally made a visit the other day to take a reading so that they could even out their corrected estimates for the last two years. They have found that we are high electricity users, using 34 to 40 units per day. I still don't trust that the reading is right or that the meters are properly separated, so I was just wondering if this makes sense (i don't have access to the meters, so can't take a nosey myself). In talking to others, no one else in this building seems to have paid electricity in the last 2 years at all!There are two of us, two computers that are pretty much always on, the heating is also electric powered i think. The flat is fairly small, but has quite a few light bulbs. Does that daily amount make sense? No TV or anything. We are away quite a bit as well and usually turn off all lights and heating. What do you think? Any help is appreciated!

I can relate to that, had similar experiences with npower and meter readings/bills

I'm sure that they mess around and charge extra when doing covert meter readings, they're just a NIGHTMARE these utility companies
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction11
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1642
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764436
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846246

See more discussions