Groups
    EXPIRED

Ntl Broadband Wireless Router Needed

Hi I Am Looking For A Broadband Router To Share Files As Well. What Would Be An Ideal Router For Maximum Of 45 Pounds Any Help Is Appreciated!!

14 Comments

Original Poster

the linksys one i wanted was out of stock with an adapter!
    so il wait for that as my laptop doesnt have wifi so if anyone knows a package with 1 already built in that would be appreciated!

thanks rayman!

Original Poster

is this ideal
    ]http//ww…233

It looks okay spec wise, but it might be worth looking at some reviews online or advice from others here first :santa:

im with ntl, i have a netgear router sucessfully running both a pc upstairs and a laptop cost me £30 new from ebay

54g is a poor performer imo, if i was you check to see for a 108mbs version.

Original Poster

wat netgear router did u go 4?

Nailez

54g is a poor performer imo, if i was you check to see for a 108mbs … 54g is a poor performer imo, if i was you check to see for a 108mbs version.

[SIZE=2]It depends on the file sizes involved. If it's just some word documents, 54Mb would be more than adequate. If it's movie files, 108Mb would have a much greater benefit. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Also depends on signal strength of the router as to what speed you achieve anyway.[/SIZE]

I'm using a Linksys one, does work with NTL although it can be a bit of a pain at times (we have to turn the digibox off and on a few times a week).

publicnme

[SIZE=2]It depends on the file sizes involved. If it's just some word … [SIZE=2]It depends on the file sizes involved. If it's just some word documents, 54Mb would be more than adequate. If it's movie files, 108Mb would have a much greater benefit. [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Also depends on signal strength of the router as to what speed you achieve anyway.[/SIZE]

I am using WRT54GS in G mode (my DLink 320RD doesn't support anything higher than that) and it works perfectly when streaming video over network, including DVD images.
    AFAIR, DVD bitrate can not be higher than 10Mbps, so it should be OK.

Are you looking for a wireless modem/router or just a wireless router?

This is the cheapest delivered price i have found for a wireless router:

I Have just ordered this one:
    £29.50 Delivered. (use super saver delivery)
    ebuyer.com/cus…934

But you could also try this one:
    £29.50 Delivered (Use Super Saver Delivery)
    ebuyer.com/cus…601

I use a Belkin 54g as seen here

pcworld.co.uk/pro…rch

Hard wired to main pc in bedroom. Running PC in kitchen wireless. Running XBOX 360 wireless and Sony Aibo wireless and PSP internet connection.
    Seems to cope and is quite easy to set up:-D

Original Poster

i have a pc and also a laptop the laptop does not have wifi so i need a package which i can use all round to be honest!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46

See more discussions