Groups

NTL Cable box to TFT Monitor HOW???

Ok looking at getting a PC for the room but too small for both TV and Monitor so looking to somehow get my NTL box working on a 22"tft obviously i can get a lcd/tv but the tfts seem the cheaper option and would probs work best for the pc so any ideas???

i should point out its the old non HDMI cable box

10 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass;2657239

Need to go via a PC

Get a vga convertor box from ebay , about £30.

Original Poster

[anyone got any experience of the vga converters do they work well etc..

clnmckec;2657290

[anyone got any experience of the vga converters do they work well etc..

Yep, absolutely superb, far better than expected. Mine's called a super tv, lcd tv box. It was cheaper than the others and a better spec. It's white with a little bit of yellow at each side.

Original Poster

Benjimoron;2657419

Yep, absolutely superb, far better than expected. Mine's called a super … Yep, absolutely superb, far better than expected. Mine's called a super tv, lcd tv box. It was cheaper than the others and a better spec. It's white with a little bit of yellow at each side.

how did you connect the sound etc.. as well and any links to the one you bought?

clnmckec;2657460

how did you connect the sound etc.. as well and any links to the one you … how did you connect the sound etc.. as well and any links to the one you bought?

The one I have has sound inputs and outputs (stereo, not 5.1). You can split the sound off to a set of speakers quite easily, you may need an adaptor or two but they cost pennies.

Ebay item number, about £32. You may find better/cheaper but that's the one I've got (and my mum too) and I find it's perfect.

Search for "vga tv box" and loads come up.

More expensive, lower resolution, no built in speaker, no remote control.

What outputs does your cable box have?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1750
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1928
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767279
      4. Spotify Family Premium share716

See more discussions