Found 16th Jun 2009
was looking @ a lcd on ebay, and he state's the following

Please note that this is a USA 'NTSC' TV so needs a UK tuner to allow television channels to be viewed in the UK. The screen essentially operates just a monitor at the moment when used within the UK and without a tuner. It's been used with a seperate TV tuner up until now, however that tuner is now being used elswhere.

now like a prat, i was thinking thats only a freeview box (lol derrrr no its not)

but what is it i do need

any link's to where i can buy etc would be great

1. Misc
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. TV
12 Comments

Banned

u just need a freeview box

I think you need one of these as well as a tuner

threedoubleyou.com/con…htm

(scroll half way down the page to "Gadget 40" )

also American TVs work on a different voltage.. and they wont have any scart connections, have you thought about that?

Banned

basically, you'd be mad to buy the tv unless you dont mind paying about £200+ on top of the lcd cost to get it working here

after the digital switchover all you'd need would be a freeview box (thats full rgb from the scart and not just composite ) as well as possibly psu mods unless the psu is universal (most are these days) before the switchover you'd need a new tuner as well

check on if its dual voltage first
as for tv connectivity it depends on the connections available so a stb thru the rf input will not work but a freeview box may work, just as long as both stb and tv have hdmi for example, or if it has vga and you are using a pc with it just get a dvb-t card.

Original Poster

if i wanted to use it with say a hdmi freeview box or sky hd etc would this be as simple as plug and go, as its a 32 inch lg or sony tv with 5 hours to go and its £99 and i only want it as a tv for little boy

Original Poster

scrap that its a sharp lol here is the model number if it helps anyone Sharp LC-32GA5U/LC-32GA5E

Banned

Dub1;5503698

if i wanted to use it with say a hdmi freeview box or sky hd etc would … if i wanted to use it with say a hdmi freeview box or sky hd etc would this be as simple as plug and go, as its a 32 inch lg or sony tv with 5 hours to go and its £99 and i only want it as a tv for little boy

why not ask the seller? sounds like seller knows his stuff.

Banned

Dub1;5503727

scrap that its a sharp lol here is the model number if it helps anyone … scrap that its a sharp lol here is the model number if it helps anyone Sharp LC-32GA5U/LC-32GA5E

manual here:-

ec1.images-amazon.com/med…pdf

how much are the extras,shipping and import tax gonna cost? totally wont be worth it!!

Original Poster

he is based in london 5 mins from my house m8 so no tax etc to add on, i have asked the seller he gives one word reply's and is one of those selling on behalf of other's people so dont have a scooby

Dub1;5504058

he is based in london 5 mins from my house m8 so no tax etc to add on, i … he is based in london 5 mins from my house m8 so no tax etc to add on, i have asked the seller he gives one word reply's and is one of those selling on behalf of other's people so dont have a scooby

lol im thick, auto assumed it was from the states :oops:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4075
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769478
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2455
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812

See more discussions