(Nuclear) World War 3 - More likely with Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn?

In the weeks leading up to the General Election, while most continue to focus on personality politics, I thought it would be good to evaluate some policies. Many of the details will be revealed in due course:

Brexit Deal
Defence
Economics
Education
Environment
Energy
Health
Housing
Immigration
Infrastructure
Taxation
Transport

Today, I just wanted to throw out the question:

Is a (Nuclear) World War 3 - More likely with Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn?

This may not be a question that most would think is likely but nevertheless it is a possibility. I think it's a key question as I'd rather live in a challenging Britain then a bombed Britain.

This generation of Britain's were handed the peace-time baton from the previous generation and that is the minimum we owe to our children's generation.

Political affiliations aside, do you feel a (Nuclear) World War 3 is more likely with Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn?

18 Comments

Neither have enough influence across world power to impact whether WW3 happens IMO. But to answer who is more likely, would have to say Theresa May because she's said she would use the weapons.

neither... ask Russia and Iran when they are planning it.

please go away you Muppet, Thank you, lol the hukd community

Considering Jeremy Corbyn wants rid of our nuclear weapons surely if he's in power Britain would play no role in a nuclear WW3.

Neither is a bargain or a freebie. This is not a political forum.

Deaa

Considering Jeremy Corbyn wants rid of our nuclear weapons surely if he's … Considering Jeremy Corbyn wants rid of our nuclear weapons surely if he's in power Britain would play no role in a nuclear WW3.

They would. Britain would play the role of victim.

Ancelyn1331

Neither is a bargain or a freebie. This is not a political forum.

This is a misc subforum.
Please stop thread spoiling as you are currently breaching the Code of Conduct any any further thread spoiling may result in infractions and/or suspensions.

Neither matter the onus is on trump.

I'd say WW3 is more likely with May in charge. As a nation we're not really big enough to start trouble ourselves but May is definitely more likely to pledge our allegience to the US if the US were to kick off with North Korea, for example.

Corbyn would tell the US we're not going to war for them and a repeat of the Blair + 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' situation is far less likely.

If Trump wants to go to war I think he'd do it with or without our backing but there's a chance May's support would give him the 'Allies' he needs to convince America it was the right call.

China would never nuke us, they're waiting for our post Brexit economy to crumble so they can just legitimately buy us out right

dtovey89

This is a misc subforum. Please stop thread spoiling as you are currently … This is a misc subforum. Please stop thread spoiling as you are currently breaching the Code of Conduct any any further thread spoiling may result in infractions and/or suspensions.

What?
Do you really want to see political topics on this site?

Against whom?

May is in bed with Trump and in turn Putin so it's unlikely we'd start anything on those fronts. North Korea is a decade away from being a real threat so the Americans will likely strike alongside Japan and South Korea.

If you're asking who is more likely to destabilise peace, it's May due to her submission to Trump. Corbyn might actually stand up to him and strengthen our alliance with Europe.

Deaa

Considering Jeremy Corbyn wants rid of our nuclear weapons surely if he's … Considering Jeremy Corbyn wants rid of our nuclear weapons surely if he's in power Britain would play no role in a nuclear WW3.

​easier to target someone without a gun.

Ancelyn1331

What? Do you really want to see political topics on this site?

You are continuing to spoil this thread.

If you don't want to see certain threads on a miscellaneous sub-forum then stick to the Deals section.

miscellaneous
/ˌmɪsəˈleɪnɪəs/
adjective: miscellaneous
(of items or people gathered or considered together) of various types or from different sources.

Edited by: "dtovey89" 10th May

May 100%. Flipping idiot and suspiciously looks like Emperor Palatine

darthvader666uk

May 100%. Flipping idiot and suspiciously looks like Emperor Palatine

yeah I guess that's what we were all thinking tbh.

As soon as the Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant (cough) blows up or is demolished then we'll see WWIII begin. Russia, Iran, Syria and possibly Turkey will start the war.

I'm not sure.

With Labour we'll have no nukes to defend ourselves, With Tories we'll defend ourselves but we'd all end up dead anyway.

I think having nukes will deter most Countries from attacking us.

I think WW3 is more likely with May because she is more likely to back America. But I very much doubt WW3 would be started with a nuke it may well end with a few. In fact I'd go as far as saying WW3 started years ago
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    2. GOT Leaks again614
    3. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710
    4. Sad news about Barcelona2073

See more discussions