Number porting from 3 to O2

Found 17th Jun 2009
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for the number to be transferred over?

I received a text that said that I'd lose service today from 10am but I'd be up and running by 6pm latest. I was just wondering if it actually normally takes that long?

I might just buy a new sim just for today to be on the safe side. I need to be contactable (I think that's a word lol) just in case my boys' school / nursery need to get in touch!

1. Misc
  2. O2
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. O2
8 Comments

It tends to occur in the morning and sometimes you can call out of both sims/phones with the same caller id but not recieve on both only 1, the process varies a bit from network to network.My advice is carry both phones/sims.

Expect your old sim to come up with "sim registration failed" or similar come this afternoon, at which point your new sim will be fully up and running.

Original Poster

schizoboy;5512383

It tends to occur in the morning and sometimes you can call out of both … It tends to occur in the morning and sometimes you can call out of both sims/phones with the same caller id but not recieve on both only 1, the process varies a bit from network to network.My advice is carry both phones/sims.Expect your old sim to come up with "sim registration failed" or similar come this afternoon, at which point your new sim will be fully up and running.

Thanks schizo

So does that mean that atleast one of them will always be available? They won't like switch them both off at the same time?

I've just done this and didn't even notice, your old sim will go off and within an hour usually the new one takes your old number. Pretty painless.

Original Poster

davelfc;5512427

I've just done this and didn't even notice, your old sim will go off and … I've just done this and didn't even notice, your old sim will go off and within an hour usually the new one takes your old number. Pretty painless.

Oh that's ok then! Thanks Dave

Repped you both x

Original Poster

Ok, well I'm still waiting for my number to be ported!

I can call out on my 3 sim but I can't receive calls on either of them. I can't check my O2 sim because I haven't got any credit. Texts to my 3 number are going to my O2 number. It has been like this since yesterday morning :?

I'm going to give them a call in a bit. Has anyone else had any problems porting to O2?

Oh & do O2 payg sim cards needs activating in any way or do they work straight out the packet? :thinking:

Is today the day it is meant to all go through?

I've never heard a PAC occur overnight though it starts in the morning and is done by late afternoon on the designated date.

O2 Sims work out the packet but only to recieve texts, you can't call out without topping up and activating.

Original Poster

schizoboy;5522961

Is today the day it is meant to all go through?I've never heard a PAC … Is today the day it is meant to all go through?I've never heard a PAC occur overnight though it starts in the morning and is done by late afternoon on the designated date.O2 Sims work out the packet but only to recieve texts, you can't call out without topping up and activating.

No it was meant to happen yesterday so I don't know what's happened!

I was just double checking that I didn't need to top up before my number would be ported or anything.

Original Poster

Ok well the O2 bloke said that my number has been ported over but I need to top up to and make a chargeable call before I can receive incoming calls.

If I would've known that, I would've ported to a different network!

My 3 sim is still letting me make calls though :?
Post a comment
@
    Text