Numberplate spacing?

Found 9th Apr 2012
Anyone with a prefix number plate - just a question about the group spacing

Lets say I get this number plate
Could I get the number plate makers to make it like or

Would it be legal?

Anyone with a prefix done anything similar? I always see people playing around with the characters and font, but not like im messing with that - just the spacing!

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
39 Comments

No it would not be legal.
It would be a reason to fail the MOT, and the dibble could give you grief. I am sure you knew that anyway.

Pretentious, mois?

I have mine spaced incorrect and just stick the legal ones on for the mot

been ok for 6 years

A proper numberplate maker will want to see your logbook or transfer docs and will do it as it is spaced.
Otherwise you will have to get 'show plates' which are illegal on UK roads.
Buying an Irish plate will give you a bit more movement with letters, you may be able to get SAJ ### if that's your sort of thing.

The old bill are starting to get hot on people fecking about with their number plates.... and the fines gone up to 60 quid now.
If you wanna do it then do it...... just dont whinge about it if you get nicked.

Saj, you will look a dick. Forget it.

It's illegal if you intend to use your vehicle on the road and if the police are in a nicking mood they will actually fine you like Biker Jeff states.

whatsThePoint

i never mot mine so they never get to check it

Yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn.

Original Poster

richp

OP when is your MOT due ? I'll keep an eye out for you Registration … OP when is your MOT due ? I'll keep an eye out for you Registration Plates & Additional Information

Soon! Guess I'll have to go the legal way then!

Also it gives them an easy excuse to pull you..... then they will start checking everything else on your car/bike/van.

Mod & Ed

hello

Banned

Grow up.

Original Poster

sn0ttyang3l

It's illegal if you intend to use your vehicle on the road and if the … It's illegal if you intend to use your vehicle on the road and if the police are in a nicking mood they will actually fine you like Biker Jeff states.

Biker Jeff

The old bill are starting to get hot on people fecking about with their … The old bill are starting to get hot on people fecking about with their number plates.... and the fines gone up to 60 quid now.If you wanna do it then do it...... just dont whinge about it if you get nicked.

Don't live to far away from police station, and they're always around. I'll probably just get legal ones, just wondered thats all - was confused with all the spacing stuff

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

Grow up.

Hey Ricky Raws - Nevverrr

Original Poster

wishihadadonkey

hello

o haiiii

Boom123

Soon! Guess I'll have to go the legal way then!

yeah to be honest its not worth the hassle,not only will you get fined from dibble, you will have to pay me to check & sign your producer that you have fitted the correct plates to your vehicle.
Edited by: "richp" 9th Apr 2012

Only today I saw one which was something like W 314 NDL and the numbers had been manipulated to read W3 14N DL.

I wanted to stop, get out of my car and kick his doors in.

Mod & Ed

deek72

Only today I saw one which was something like W 314 NDL and the numbers … Only today I saw one which was something like W 314 NDL and the numbers had been manipulated to read W3 14N DL.I wanted to stop, get out of my car and kick his doors in.

oi, you, get over to the favourite sayings thread & defend my honour, people think I'm an oversized cushion cos of you

Original Poster

richp

yeah to be honest its not worth the hassle,not only will you get fined … yeah to be honest its not worth the hassle,not only will you get fined from dibble, you will have to pay me to check & sign your producer that you have fitted the correct plates to your vehicle.

I didn't want to display my real one but I did purchase one along the lines of S4 J-- but it won't kill me to have a space in the middle lol - im not that fussed! but yeah I'm still awaiting on the papers, how would I put it on the car? visit dvla?

deek72

Only today I saw one which was something like W 314 NDL and the numbers … Only today I saw one which was something like W 314 NDL and the numbers had been manipulated to read W3 14N DL.I wanted to stop, get out of my car and kick his doors in.

If you came for mine, I'd come with my arms open because someone sounds like they needs a hug!!
Edited by: "Boom123" 9th Apr 2012

wishihadadonkey

oi, you, get over to the favourite sayings thread & defend my honour, … oi, you, get over to the favourite sayings thread & defend my honour, people think I'm an oversized cushion cos of you

I'm on it

I knew a guy that bought a plate for his Yam R1 with the reg

R15
EXX

This is how it should be on a bike.....then he made the plate into a one line horizontal reg and blanked out part of the last letter with a yellow screw, so it read....

R1 5EXY

He was getting hassled by plod all the time with it.

Can't you get a plate that ends SAJ?

Original Poster

oddballjamie

Can't you get a plate that ends SAJ?

can't afford them lol there's like a difference of £400!

I used to use 6X4 plates on my bike, and finally got nicked. Then went up to 7X5 and got hassled by plod for that.So now i stick to legal barn door sized 9X7 plates.... they look ****, but i like an easy life these days.
Edited by moderator: "Apr 09, 2012 22:18" 9th Apr 2012

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5/hukd1.png

whatsThePoint

i never bothered changing my plate size as i always had big and bulky … i never bothered changing my plate size as i always had big and bulky bikes anyway (zzr11, zx12, busa etc)but bike plates were getting stupidly small with 6x1 under the seat unit being common

Yeah i still see those mars bar sized plates...... i wonder how many times they've been pulled with em.

Boom123

can't afford them lol there's like a difference of £400!

Huh? They start from £405.

Original Poster

oddballjamie

Huh? They start from £405.

ah well too late lol

I've have my private number plates on my car without any spacing on it... Have done for about 6years. Never failed an MOT.

Just keep a legal set in the boot and swap them if you get stopped ... No decent copper would book you in that case I am sure..........

Pr3cious18

I've have my private number plates on my car without any spacing on it... … I've have my private number plates on my car without any spacing on it... Have done for about 6years. Never failed an MOT.

If I were you, I would wonder what other things your MOT tester is missing.
If you value your life, and anyone else that travels in your vehicle, get it tested at a proper station.

Don't mess around with the letters.
Some people will say "That looks excellent" the rest will laugh... look at the majority of responses on here.

S4 JPY looks fine with the space. Check it out on a number plate builder (lots of websites online let you preview it).

Ha op, if you mess with spacing or font you may as well have a big sign on the rear of your car saying "police. please pull me over and fine me"

They need it to be as clear as possible so they can fine you for speeding etc. Oh and to trace your movements around the UK.

Banned

Have you bought

GAY 80Y

davelfc

Ha op, if you mess with spacing or font you may as well have a big sign … Ha op, if you mess with spacing or font you may as well have a big sign on the rear of your car saying "police. I am a ponce. please pull me over and fine me"

True dat.

Banned

deek72

Saj, you will look a dick. Forget it.

+1

Always perceive people with illegal spacings / fonts as idiots

csiman

+1Always perceive people with illegal spacings / fonts as idiots

They're bad enough when the actual word or name is there. It's just pathetic when they have to use a '4' for an 'A'. It renders the plate meaningless to almost everyone, except the owner.

Original Poster

deek72

They're bad enough when the actual word or name is there. It's just … They're bad enough when the actual word or name is there. It's just pathetic when they have to use a '4' for an 'A'. It renders the plate meaningless to almost everyone, except the owner.

heyyyheyheyyyy there was no need for that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants