Groups

Nursery needs toilet roll

I brought my son for his first day of nursery yesterday and as we were waiting in the hall I was reading the notice boards.One displayed all the things your child needed to attend.So the list was;
    change of clothes
    coat
    wellies
    umbrella
    hat,scarf,gloves

and

toilet roll!

I thought this could have been a mistake but then I saw a few mum's coming in with bags of it.

I would have thought that of everything the school could have asked us to pay/donate for it would not be toilet roll.Does the education board not provide this for every school?

19 Comments

odd!!!

Thats a new one on me, and with the prices they charge (and can claim off the governent) I'm amazed.

My nursey often asked for 'empty' toilet rolls for crafts but never 'full' ones :?

KazzyD;6436185

TMy nursey often asked for 'empty' toilet rolls for crafts but never … TMy nursey often asked for 'empty' toilet rolls for crafts but never 'full' ones :?

They banned that at ours for a while due to health and hygiene!

Original Poster

KazzyD;6436185

Thats a new one on me, and with the prices they charge (and can claim off … Thats a new one on me, and with the prices they charge (and can claim off the governent) I'm amazed.My nursey often asked for 'empty' toilet rolls for crafts but never 'full' ones :?

That's what I thought!Maybe they wanted them for arts and crafts but no.I have to bring some in tomorrow.

Never heard of that before,
    My sons school dont allow empty toilet rolls any more only kitchen roll ones, I asked my son why he said they are unhygenic, never heard anything like it!!!!!!!!!!,

GRGO140;6436230

Never heard of that before,My sons school dont allow empty toilet rolls … Never heard of that before,My sons school dont allow empty toilet rolls any more only kitchen roll ones, I asked my son why he said they are unhygenic, never heard anything like it!!!!!!!!!!,

sasme, my daughter had to make a model recently, the letter stipulated, no loo roll inners or meat containers to be used

cost cutting - usually ask for box of tissues

harlzter;6436215

What :shock:

Original Poster

GRGO140;6436230

Never heard of that before,My sons school dont allow empty toilet rolls … Never heard of that before,My sons school dont allow empty toilet rolls any more only kitchen roll ones, I asked my son why he said they are unhygenic, never heard anything like it!!!!!!!!!!,

Well i can understand that.Your sitting on the bog having and good,runny carp - you start wiping and you run out.Your filthy hands are touching the tube.Would you want your kids touching that?

LoozR;6436330

Well i can understand that.Your sitting on the bog having and good,runny … Well i can understand that.Your sitting on the bog having and good,runny carp - you start wiping and you run out.Your filthy hands are touching the tube.Would you want your kids touching that?

lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and when u think about it - its true. They tell u to put the lid down when flushing cause of the explosion of germs that come back up but not many folk (men cough cough) do !!!!!!!

I wouldnt like to handle other peoples bog rolls, let alone let my babes. I am totally for this in schools I can also see the homemade cake thing and schools point of view also, whilst we are on the subject.

LoozR;6436330

Well i can understand that.Your sitting on the bog having and good,runny … Well i can understand that.Your sitting on the bog having and good,runny carp - you start wiping and you run out.Your filthy hands are touching the tube.Would you want your kids touching that?

No When you put it like that ,YUK!

mod

I am amazed at this; that's all I have to say really

so does each child take their own loo roll in with them

madness....

Does sound a bit odd - I'd check with the nursery....if they are doing it for proven hygiene reasons then good on them.

Too many parents send their kids to school whilst they are still sick with diarrhea, vomiting etc which usually means they infect the rest of the kids. One parent even sent their kid to my kids nursery with measles. It doesn't help that the hygiene practices in many nurserys are pretty poor.....

harlzter;6436215

The world's gone mad!

gari189;6437284

Does sound a bit odd - I'd check with the nursery....if they are doing it … Does sound a bit odd - I'd check with the nursery....if they are doing it for proven hygiene reasons then good on them.Too many parents send their kids to school whilst they are still sick with diarrhea, vomiting etc which usually means they infect the rest of the kids. One parent even sent their kid to my kids nursery with measles. It doesn't help that the hygiene practices in many nurserys are pretty poor.....

I worry about hygeine in nurseries, as my 3 yr old was born 6 weeks early and preemies always have this lower barrier against infection in regard to other children.

But i also think it good for them to mix socially with others and learn how to interact with kindness and manners and their immunity builds up along with every cold they come into contact with.

How nuts is it that they can't play with cardboard rolls due to "health and hygeine" that's crazy!

Maybe if they identify the bog roll as belonging to them they won't just shove it down the toilet like many kids seem to like to do at school.

Ungreat;6438228

Maybe if they identify the bog roll as belonging to them they won't just … Maybe if they identify the bog roll as belonging to them they won't just shove it down the toilet like many kids seem to like to do at school.

lol @ what you were like at school :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1022
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …182469
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1846
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213642

See more discussions