NUS EXTRA - Cheap (Legitimate Way) - 3 year card?

Found 16th Sep 2017
Hi,

What is the cheapest course I can go for to qualify as a student - to get an NUS Extra card legitimately.

People previously suggested 'The Shaw Academy' or the 'Write story books for children - Groupon' courses - but newer posts say these - are no longer accepted by NUS Extra.

Some also say e-careers might work.

Help: Is there any free course I can sign up to - that will allow me to buy a 3 year card?

My sincere thanks to anyone willing to help & advise with this

Libertas
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
The cheapest is just to put anything in they don't check if that sits with you if not google shaws free courses and use them there are always some around.
eslick39 m ago

The cheapest is just to put anything in they don't check if that sits with …The cheapest is just to put anything in they don't check if that sits with you if not google shaws free courses and use them there are always some around.

Thank you for replying eslick.

I want to find a (ideally free) course of some sort, so that student status is legitimate.

A fellow community members on a recent NUS Extra post has said that 'Shaw academy' is no longer accepted - so I'm asking for help on finding one that is - especially once that is free/cheap.

Once again - my sincere thanks to anyone willing to chip into the discussion here. Still need help.

Libertas
Edited by: "Libertas" 16th Sep 2017
"So that student status is legitimate" here's how to make it legitimate: go to college or uni. I really really hate it when I see posts like these. One day they will be closed down and the people that actually need the discounts won't have access to them (i.e. broke uni students living in accommodation that need food)
Dolphinzz16 m ago

"So that student status is legitimate" here's how to make it legitimate: …"So that student status is legitimate" here's how to make it legitimate: go to college or uni. I really really hate it when I see posts like these. One day they will be closed down and the people that actually need the discounts won't have access to them (i.e. broke uni students living in accommodation that need food)

your on the wrong site then
Let me help you with your anxiety. After all - it is somebody else's job.

Is there a course I can sign up to and complete - from which I can learn something - whilst simultaneously making myself eligible for an NUS Extra card - on a basis that is legitimate - that is cheap or free.

One that the high IQ - working - probably well educated peoples - working over in the NUS offices - have (of their own volition) - decided to included as acceptable - when applying for an NUS Extra card.

How do you like them apples?

Take my charity like - and bank it.

So - for any that are genuinely here to help fellow community members - my thanks - please have your voices heard too.

Libertas.
Edited by: "Libertas" 16th Sep 2017
if you have a look on wowcher..they have courses around £5 .they advertise on each course if they are legible for nus extra...i got a one year nus extra card.in total it cost about £18 ...all i wanted was ten percent off my asos orders
I don't mind paying the £5 - but I need a course that allows me to apply for a three year card.

Any specific courses anyone can point to please?
eCareers do an intro to prince project management for £25. They are also accepted on the NUS site as mentioned above.

Have a look through the eCareers site if that's too expensive and you're after something cheaper, or wait until one comes up on something like Groupon
Libertas10 h, 45 m ago

I don't mind paying the £5 - but I need a course that allows me to apply …I don't mind paying the £5 - but I need a course that allows me to apply for a three year card.Any specific courses anyone can point to please?

Oooh i didnt know i could get a three year one x
Still really struggling with this.

Would appreciate any insights.

Need a cheap/free course that will allow for a legitimate 3 year Nus Extra card.

If anybody can suggest one, it would help quite a few people.

My thanks to anyone that contributes.

Libertas.
Go to Wowcher/Groupon/your favourite discount site
Search for e-careers
Find a course you're happy with the amount and subject
Go to NUS and enter dates and category of study to check you can have a 3 year card (most e-careers are fine)
Buy your course
Buy your card
Study in order to make it legitimate

I'm sorry I haven't got time to go and find you a link to a course but given you appear to have some rather specific requirements around what you're looking for, I expect you'll need to do some leg work yourself
why they took off shaw academy anyone knows

and if it will come back
Libertas20th Sep

Still really struggling with this.Would appreciate any insights.Need a …Still really struggling with this.Would appreciate any insights.Need a cheap/free course that will allow for a legitimate 3 year Nus Extra card.If anybody can suggest one, it would help quite a few people.My thanks to anyone that contributes.Libertas.

If tried looking for you but couldn't find anything. Did you manage to find anything?
Decided to go for a 12 month card instead.

This way you can get the promotion vouchers every year - rather than just once.

Best - find a very cheap course on Groupon - for for a 12 month card.

The childrens storywriting course that is part of so many posts on hukd in the past - is no longer accepted.

Do the course and you'll be good to go.
TrollForce28th Sep

why they took off shaw academy anyone knows and if it will come back

Probably because it's not really a university, their courses are easy and take minimal effort so using one of their courses goes against the spirit of what the NUS is for.

I say this as someone who hasn't been a real student for a very long time yet still signed up for a three year NUS card using one of their courses!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants